Pages: 1 ... 1235 1236 1237 [1238] 1239 1240 1241 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5112228 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18555 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 15:12:13 »

Definitely your car reg?

Not my car 4D....pauld's car.

However I did once get a ticket, for having an out of date resident's parking badge, when the nice little pic they provided with the ticket showed my in date badge.

Had great fun stomping down to Wat Tyler House...to show them their error, expecting an apology a bit of a laugh and that would be it.....but no had to fight a lengthy campaign to get it cleared up.

The real belter though was when eventually seeing the jobsworth somewhere up the pyramid...she said "we'll let you off this time, but don't do it again"  Smiley
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #18556 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 15:12:54 »

That's worthy of the national media.

A wonderful opportunity for Paul to get in the Daily Mail.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #18557 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 15:14:42 »

....istration, Reg  Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18558 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 15:18:39 »

Not my car 4D....pauld's car.

However I did once get a ticket, for having an out of date resident's parking badge, when the nice little pic they provided with the ticket showed my in date badge.

Had great fun stomping down to Wat Tyler House...to show them their error, expecting an apology a bit of a laugh and that would be it.....but no had to fight a lengthy campaign to get it cleared up.

The real belter though was when eventually seeing the jobsworth somewhere up the pyramid...she said "we'll let you off this time, but don't do it again"  Smiley
The arrogance of officialdom in the wrong knows no bounds does it?

And 4D yes it was my reg I checked that - my first assumptions were the kids having a joke or that someone had got a parking ticket and was trying to palm it off onto me in the hope I'd just pay it without checking. Couldn't believe it when I saw it was genuinely issued to my car.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18559 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 15:28:28 »

Was your car completely in your drive? I.e not partially sticking out onto the path or anything?

This is the only vaguely logical reason I can think you would have received this.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #18560 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 15:30:45 »

Unless Sippo leaves his on 24hrs a day?

Motion Sensor

I was going to start a thread the other night just for you. And it was about 10 clips of me puling across the hatching entering the A419 at Blunsdon. Smiley

Bless you for thinking of me.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18561 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 15:36:23 »

Motion Sensor
They put the ticket on the rear window so a dashcam still wouldn't have seen them. They had to put it on the rear window, of course, because they couldn't reach the windscreen where you normally put a ticket without trespassing on my property. Because, and I may have mentioned this, I'd parked my car on my own driveway.
Barry Scott

« Reply #18562 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 15:46:45 »

Bless you for thinking of me.

Ha, I drive that road almost everyday, and I always enter at the junction you showed, ergo, I think about you almost everyday. Girl Giggle
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #18563 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 16:02:51 »

They put the ticket on the rear window so a dashcam still wouldn't have seen them. They had to put it on the rear window, of course, because they couldn't reach the windscreen where you normally put a ticket without trespassing on my property. Because, and I may have mentioned this, I'd parked my car on my own driveway.

Perhaps you had the ticket elsewhere and drove home yesterday with it on the rear screen?  Just covering possibilities.  Huh?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 16:05:16 by 4D » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #18564 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 16:40:52 »

Perhaps you had the ticket elsewhere and drove home yesterday with it on the rear screen?  Just covering possibilities.  Huh?

Perhaps it wasn't your house you had parked outside, you are getting old you know.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18565 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 16:43:57 »

Are you sure it was a parking ticket and not a leaflet for an Indian/strip club?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #18566 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 16:50:33 »

You was probably 1mm out of your drive - since when do you get the parking wardens in your area obviously desperate to give people tickets
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18567 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 17:15:41 »

Definitely should be in the "amusing" thread Paul. I wonder WTF they were doing?

...awaits the "it had been on my car for a week but I didn't notice" response,
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #18568 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 20:45:31 »

The arrogance of officialdom in the wrong knows no bounds does it?

And 4D yes it was my reg I checked that - my first assumptions were the kids having a joke or that someone had got a parking ticket and was trying to palm it off onto me in the hope I'd just pay it without checking. Couldn't believe it when I saw it was genuinely issued to my car.

This is you isn't it?  Smiley

http://swns.com/news/father-parking-ticket-van-hanging-yellow-lines-centimetres-30268/

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #18569 on: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 21:13:54 »

If they have issued a parking ticket they would have taken photos.

It's extremely unusual for a parking ticket to be put on the rear of a vehicle.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 ... 1235 1236 1237 [1238] 1239 1240 1241 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: