Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Team for saturday  (Read 6070 times)
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 01:12:50 »

Pericard
Pericard Pericard Pericard Pericard

Pericard Pericard Pericard Pericard

Pericard Pericard

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 08:57:21 »

God knows what we should or will play, but after going to hartlepool, 451 is not the way to go

We finished that game with 4-3-3 and looked a real threat, would like us to try that again.  Use Pericard as the main striker with Austin and Dossevi either side.  With Pericards presense causing centre halfs problems it seemed to create more chances for Charlie and Dossevi so think it could be the way forward.
trogladite

« Reply #17 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 09:20:57 »

Lucas

Amankwah   Cuthbert   Morrison   Caddis

McGovern Douglas Ferry

Dossevi

Pericard  Austin

I do like the look of this team.  Pericard will come good one day.  If DW can turn Paynter into a goal machine, then why not Pericard?  Amankwahs lost a little form since the day out at Wembley and of course there's no place for O'Brien which is a shame because he was a breath of fresh air against Brentford.  still injuries not withstanding, I'd be more than happy  with Townenda team.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 10:01:37 »

Pericard needs to overcome the fear, he looks as if he is going to shit himself everytime he comes on the pitch. Maybe he picked up the soap in prison?
jb

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 10:17:44 »

We need to play wingers, it killed the game when DW took off O'brien against Orient, our only threat was from the wings.
Barry Scott

« Reply #20 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 11:49:00 »

Apparently JP and Austin are doubts, so I'd have Lucas, Manky, Cuthbert, Morrison, Rose, Dossevi, Prutton, Dougie, Ferry, OB and then Pericard up front on his own. Or maybe play Prutton on the right, with Dossevi in the hole.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 14:10:15 »

Apparently JP and Austin are doubts, so I'd have Lucas, Manky, Cuthbert, Morrison, Rose, Dossevi, Prutton, Dougie, Ferry, OB and then Pericard up front on his own. Or maybe play Prutton on the right, with Dossevi in the hole.

Surely if JP is a doubt you move Caddis to right mid and bring Kev in at right back?
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 14:13:43 »

We need to play wingers, it killed the game when DW took off O'brien against Orient, our only threat was from the wings.

At Hartlepool we didn't look a threat on the wings we looked more of a threat with 3 up front so thats why I was suggesting more of an attacking line up away from home.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #23 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 14:31:03 »

Haden't heard JP was a doubt just that Austin and JFL were, I personally would prefer Caddis to play as a winger anyway as its his favourite position.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 14:55:40 »

^

BBC Sport reckons he's a doubt.

Swindon manager Danny Wilson has doubts over striker Charlie Austin and midfielder Jon-Paul McGovern.

Austin picked up a hamstring strain during the draw with Brentford last week whilst McGovern has been struggling with a groin problem.

Agreed on the Caddis point, I would like to see Kev back in the side tomorrow.
Barry Scott

« Reply #25 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 15:02:12 »

Surely if JP is a doubt you move Caddis to right mid and bring Kev in at right back?

That's correct, you do. Only in my world I, for some unknown reason, assummed he was on International duty this weekend.  Embarrassed

So in that case, across the middle, right to left, I'd have Caddis, Prutton, Dougie, Ferris Wheel, OB and have super Pericard up front on his own. Or maybe drop Prutton for Dossevi and have Dossevi in a fairly free role.
Panda Paws

« Reply #26 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 22:34:32 »

If JFL, Austin and JPM are all out I'd go with the following:

Lucas

Kev   Morrison   Cuthbert   Kennedy

Caddis   Ferry   Douglas   AOB

Dossevi
               Pericard

In other news, we've sold out our initial allocation of 600 by midday today so should be a healthy following,

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 22:58:12 »

Let's hope Morrison (& Pericard if he plays) start better than they did last season.

Will be missing this game, Full time should just about coincide with us waking up at Half Moon Bay, before we make our way to the airport.

Let's hope we can win our first game if the season
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: