Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 69   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what are you doing?  (Read 187723 times)
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 02:11:30 »

It used to be our cross country athletics route from Commonweal and for that reason I initially hated it. However, when Carrefour opened and I got a Saturday job there, I cycled to and from Old Town and it became a great thoroughfare again.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 07:08:17 »

Do post an update every now & then when you can manage it.  Thinking of you both.

I hope my well-wishers on here will be interested in a brief account of the progress of this weird virus.

Mrs normy had been nursing coronavirus patients up to Friday 10th April, and had symptoms on the 11th of high pulse rate and a persistent cough. Next day, she felt unwell, coughing,  dozed all day, and didn't want to eat or drink.

My symptoms began that night, when I woke up with a continuous tickly cough, which continued non-stop. Despite that, next day I jogged my usual route round the Town Gardens, but then the cough got worse. I was very tired and weak, and had a poor appetite.

Mrs normy rang GWH about getting tested, and was told we both had to go there next day. My coughing got so bad that I could not sleep at all that night.

Had the swab test next day, Tuesday, but my cough was slightly better and I didn't feel too bad, got a little sleep.

Meanwhile Mrs normy was still feeling very ill and weak and had no appetite. She could not taste anything, and seemed more ill than I'd ever seen her before.We were told about the positive results which she was sure we would get.

Next day, Thursday, I only had a small occasional cough, and a normal appetite, but Mrs normy was still not eating and dozed nearly all day, while I had to do the necessary  housework. I felt good enough to exercise, so walked 30 circuits of the lawn about a half hour. I cooked lunch but Mrs normy left most of it,then went to sleep again all afternoon.

That's up-to-date.  It's an anti-climax for me, for which I'm very grateful, I feel normal again. Mrs normy still feels quite ill. with no energy, it'll take time to recover.

We speculate that Mrs normy received quite a big dose of the virus in the hospital, and she passed a small amount on to me, to create the lesser symptoms. Just as well, as I'm 78 and had been self-isolating for a few weeks.

Best wishes to all in the Townend from both of us.

ust be the oldest
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 07:10:56 »

Best wishes to you both

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 07:45:11 »

Normy, if you need anything dropped off, collected etc, Or an errand run, feel free to direct message me and I'll help in any way I possibly can.
Hope you're both well asap.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 08:03:32 »

Take care normy. Like I have said previously, I genuinely worry about peoples mental health after all this. I know of people who have been infected, recovered and just haven't been themselves after.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 08:26:41 »

My sister has had a rough time the last couple of weeks, no test but all the symptoms, luckily she's ok and back to work at the hospital. Hope you're both on the mend normy.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 08:34:10 »

Good news Normy, keep us all informed,  Stay Safe.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 08:35:29 »

I hope my well-wishers on here will be interested in a brief account of the progress of this weird virus.

Mrs normy had been nursing coronavirus patients up to Friday 10th April, and had symptoms on the 11th of high pulse rate and a persistent cough. Next day, she felt unwell, coughing,  dozed all day, and didn't want to eat or drink.

My symptoms began that night, when I woke up with a continuous tickly cough, which continued non-stop. Despite that, next day I jogged my usual route round the Town Gardens, but then the cough got worse. I was very tired and weak, and had a poor appetite.

Mrs normy rang GWH about getting tested, and was told we both had to go there next day. My coughing got so bad that I could not sleep at all that night.

Had the swab test next day, Tuesday, but my cough was slightly better and I didn't feel too bad, got a little sleep.

Meanwhile Mrs normy was still feeling very ill and weak and had no appetite. She could not taste anything, and seemed more ill than I'd ever seen her before.We were told about the positive results which she was sure we would get.

Next day, Thursday, I only had a small occasional cough, and a normal appetite, but Mrs normy was still not eating and dozed nearly all day, while I had to do the necessary  housework. I felt good enough to exercise, so walked 30 circuits of the lawn about a half hour. I cooked lunch but Mrs normy left most of it,then went to sleep again all afternoon.

That's up-to-date.  It's an anti-climax for me, for which I'm very grateful, I feel normal again. Mrs normy still feels quite ill. with no energy, it'll take time to recover.

We speculate that Mrs normy received quite a big dose of the virus in the hospital, and she passed a small amount on to me, to create the lesser symptoms. Just as well, as I'm 78 and had been self-isolating for a few weeks.

Best wishes to all in the Townend from both of us.

Thanks for the update Normy, that doesn't sound pleasant at all! Glad you are both on the road to recovery now. Pretty soon you'll be smashing marathons for fun fella!! :0

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 08:36:38 »

Take care, you two.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 08:36:41 »

Really good to hear you're through the worst of it, Normy.  I hope your wife starts getting back to normal as quickly as possible.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 09:13:20 »

I do not have Corona, and don't know anyone that does, but this lockdown started just as my own personal tragedy unfolded, and I have to say, I'm struggling. Usual methods of distraction, or sources of happiness are off limits, so it's just me and my better half trying and failing to look after one another. I've been eating and drinking my emotions, which has only made me feel worse, so I'm hoping a health kick will help both mentally and physically. I am a terrible runner, but hoping I can nail 10k runs as a staple by the end of summer.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
normy

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 09:20:25 »

Take care normy. Like I have said previously, I genuinely worry about peoples mental health after all this. I know of people who have been infected, recovered and just haven't been themselves after.

That's interesting, Sippo.  I have become over-emotional, and  feeling like bursting in to tears, in the last few days.  Mrs normy says that's common, post-virally.

ust be the oldest
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 09:26:31 »

I do not have Corona, and don't know anyone that does, but this lockdown started just as my own personal tragedy unfolded, and I have to say, I'm struggling. Usual methods of distraction, or sources of happiness are off limits, so it's just me and my better half trying and failing to look after one another. I've been eating and drinking my emotions, which has only made me feel worse, so I'm hoping a health kick will help both mentally and physically. I am a terrible runner, but hoping I can nail 10k runs as a staple by the end of summer.

I cannot recommend running enough if you're feeling down/anxious.  Ironically, feeling low often squashes the impulse to get your running shoes on & leave the house.  But I always come back from a run feeling brighter than when I went out.

Hope you manage to manage your personal situation one way or another.  Easy to forget that everyone has other stuff going on in their lives as well as the immediate Coronavirus threat.  And one doesn't help the other.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 09:29:53 »

I do find my daily walk really does refresh the mind. Pop on a humerous podcast or music and walk for an hour and I always come back feeling good and in a positive frame of mind. I do think being active is key, I know its really tough at the moment with lockdown but getting out at least once a day surely must be good for ones well being?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 09:30:47 »

That's interesting, Sippo.  I have become over-emotional, and  feeling like bursting in to tears, in the last few days.  Mrs normy says that's common, post-virally.

If your wife is a nurse, like mine, there are people to talk to at the GWH. Please use it.

Mental Health is a big issue.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 69   Go Up
Print
Jump to: