Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's hope Book gets a chance  (Read 2080 times)
BigStan

« on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 13:26:21 »

I really do hope that King and Harford grasp the opportunity to give Book a run in the side.

After he replaced Evans yesterday I thought his kicking was an order of magnitude better than Evans'.

From what I've seen of him his handling and command of his area is certainly OK.

Even excusing Evans his total lack of an attempt at a save with the first goal yesterday I've come to the conclusion that he's actually not much of an improvement on Calamity Bart.

Yes he can stop shots (Yesterday not withstanding) but his kicking is no better than Bart's, his communication with his defenders is just as bad as Bart's, his command of his area is just as bad as Bart's and his decision making is just as bad as Bart's.

Add to that the fact that I'm sick and tired of hearing about his time at the FA School at Liileshall and as an England U21 player.

He needs to realise that he's a mediocre goalkeeper in the Third Division.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 13:27:59 »

you forgot he needs a hair cut to

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
DMR

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 13:46:16 »

I've said this all season. Well, since Rhys' form dipped after a good start.
DMR

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 13:47:52 »

http://thetownend.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1095

Have some of that
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 13:54:47 »

Might as well give Book a run out, as he may be number one next season.

Evans should be judged though by the general goalkeeping standards in English football, which for whatever reason are at an all time low......the Soton lad Smith(ex Bees) has had a couple of good games recently.

As he's out of contract in the summer,  it wouldn't surprise if a higher league club fancy him for a bit of benchwarming.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 14:09:04 »

Evans his spectacular but unaffective.  He makes tremendous saves, but causes us real problems with his kicking, making the defence nervous and unwilling to play a backpass.  But then I doubt Book will be much of an improvement - he's too old, and solid if unspectacular.  I have only seen him play twice this season so perhaps it is too early to condemn him, plus I did love the thumbs up he gave to the Town End yesterday, but I think we should stick with Evans - he is young and will improve.
Piemonte

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 14:20:16 »

Exactly right walrus.

Book has done nowt to impress me the couple of times i've seen him, and looking back at his career theres nothing to suggest he's a better keeper than Evans.

To me, Rhys is one of the better keepers in our division, despite his lack of an attempted save yesterday
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 14:49:38 »

Perhaps it was the shocking switch from seeing the totally silent and nervous Bart Griemink in goal for so long, but earlier in Rhys' career here he looked full of confidence, very vocal, took crosses with ease and did everything that Bart couldn't do, with the exception of his kicking. I can't remember how long ago it happened, but he's just turned into a completely different player.

I've only seen Book once and that was yesterday, when he had absolutely nothing to do but pick the ball out the back of the net. I see no reason why not to give him a run in the side personally.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: