Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anyone remember......  (Read 3427 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 18:03:58 »

....the game about 2 years ago when Proctor scored 2 ogs for Sunderland...its when Sunderland were absolute garbage and on the way to equalling Darwen all time record for incompetence.

They lost 3-1 at SoL to Charlton,...the other goal was an OG by Streven Wright.......it was one of the all time comedy moments.....presumably it finished any confidence Proctor had.

Up to us then to build the guy up, and give him a bit of moral support....then you never know.

Some though never recover from this sort of thing like Lee Badbuy of the scum......you can't fall much further.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 19:00:16 »

Weren't they both unlucky but didn't he score one at the other end aswell?  TBH not sure if he'll do a job for us - but who knows. It could go either way. If he palys games and does well then his confidence grows....but then if he doesn't you've got a reverse effect and it would have been a waste.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Dazzza

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 19:10:33 »

I hadn't but do now cheers Reg.  :|

Absolute dire that Sunderland team and I must confess I loved every second of their demise.

Here is the old match report for that game:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/2694031.stm

Averages 0.22 goals per game, not sure if that includes own goals but it does include a stint in the 3rd with York where he managed 14 in 41 games.

Looks like the link with Sunderland has brought this one about.  In fact doing the maths it could quite possibly have been King who unearthed him at Sunderland in the first place.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 19:10:58 »

It was Phillips who scored the other.......Proctor did score the winner v Liverpool on Dec  18th......then Sunderland picked up 2 points from the following 20 matches, with Proctor scoring 1 more....he played a part in most of these games.

He did finish the season as Sunderland's 3rd highest scorer on 2 mind.

Only King could fail to see the irony of saying he wants to replace his present non scoring forwards with a fella who has previous and is on a long scoreless run.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 19:18:57 »

http://world.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/interactive/search/results/reelAsx.asp?bandwidth=300&clipList=53048,48443,48180,45133,45136,20579&foo=_hi.bar

All of Proctor's league goals for the last two seasons...nothing spectacular.

His penalty taking won't be of much use either.  Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 19:36:24 »

Not exactly impressive is it.

If only we could find a decent diver.......(Brian Howard not being mobile enough to make it into the box)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 19:45:48 »

I think the way to play it is just wait for him to make the slightest mistake and then get right on his back and hurl a load of vile abuse at him.  That way, he won't make any more mistakes, his confidence will grow and he will score loads of goals.

Maybe he could be provided with a compass or some other navigational aid as well.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2005, 09:57:20 »

Give it a couple of years and we might be lucky enough to get one of the greatest Scottish forwards of the modern era, Kevin Kyle, here on loan for a couple of months.

Can't wait   Crying
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2005, 10:00:26 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
I think the way to play it is just wait for him to make the slightest mistake and then get right on his back and hurl a load of vile abuse at him.  That way, he won't make any more mistakes, his confidence will grow and he will score loads of goals.

Maybe he could be provided with a compass or some other navigational aid as well.

Sounds like a good idea to me, do you want me to make a "Fuck off Proctor!!" banner, which we can put up after his first glaring miss?  It'll be a doubed sided one with "HARFORD OUT!!!" written on the other side, which we can put up as the teams walk off at half time with the score at 0-0.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2005, 10:04:02 »

its not his fault he plays for a shit team like rotherham who are down in the dumps in the chapionship! he doesnt get any service from his midfield! how does that help?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2005, 10:48:10 »

Rich its a joke.

/
W56196272
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2005, 11:11:27 »

well i wasnt on about what jan said. i meant what every1 else was saying about proctor
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2005, 11:12:30 »

That's cos I was being serious!!  Don't tell me I've just wasted 20 feet of material for nothing!!!   Wink
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2005, 12:29:37 »

his scoring record is nothing to joke about  Sad
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2005, 12:31:27 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
his scoring record is nothing to joke about  Sad
err like i said rotherham probably give him shit service! look at parkins record before he came to town! that was shit!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: