Pages: 1 ... 2412 2413 2414 [2415] 2416 2417 2418 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5107997 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #36210 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 11:07:54 »

thisis was full of fucking idiots
And still is.

Not sure when I joined as this is my 2nd account but around 2005/6 time is around then, still occassionally speak to Sonic, Fred, Yeovil, Hertha as well as other non posters such as WR5, Bewster, Adje, FH, Gazza and others.

I know forums evolve but its not as enjoable an experience as it was 10 years ago on here but then I blame the change in social media, too many angry irritable people now who dont care about others opinions only in their own.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #36211 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 11:49:56 »

And still is.

Not sure when I joined as this is my 2nd account but around 2005/6 time is around then, still occassionally speak to Sonic, Fred, Yeovil, Hertha as well as other non posters such as WR5, Bewster, Adje, FH, Gazza and others.

I know forums evolve but its not as enjoable an experience as it was 10 years ago on here but then I blame the change in social media, too many angry irritable people now who dont care about others opinions only in their own.

Similar history for me, started on thisis and L&P and transferred over to here around this time I would think.  Angry, irritable and offended people (or people getting offended on other peoples behalf)

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #36212 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 11:55:48 »

This forum is less enjoyable as people take it too seriously. The forum welcome as gone, the word cunt is now frowned upon and there are no LNT's.

I am now singing Pato Banton in my head.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #36213 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 12:23:37 »

Not just this forum.
All forums. It was the medium for online chatter back when we were all youngsters who had a lot of free time and could be up late posting crap.

Social media is the main platform for people to use for getting their opinions across and interacting with people over the internet.

We are all / mostly full time working parents with a mortgage now and the younger generation just don’t use forums.

The TEF core age has gone up 15 years from the good old days.
I’d be amazed if we had anyone 17-21 posting here regularly. Maybe even as high as 25.
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #36214 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 12:29:40 »

Not just this forum.
All forums. It was the medium for online chatter back when we were all youngsters who had a lot of free time and could be up late posting crap.

Social media is the main platform for people to use for getting their opinions across and interacting with people over the internet.

We are all / mostly full time working parents with a mortgage now and the younger generation just don’t use forums.

The TEF core age has gone up 15 years from the good old days.
I’d be amazed if we had anyone 17-21 posting here regularly. Maybe even as high as 25.

Agreed. It could always be nasty on here with lots of bickering, but the new generation went to social media and so it lost its fun, irreverent side. It is what it is, at least it doesn't revolve around the politics thread so much anymore.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #36215 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 12:34:44 »

Agreed. It could always be nasty on here with lots of bickering, but the new generation went to social media and so it lost its fun, irreverent side. It is what it is, at least it doesn't revolve around the politics thread so much anymore.

I give up.

Who were you in your previous life.

Maybe it was just my age back then but anything nasty aimed at me I always took as banter. One TEF member every time he’d had a few would text me and tell me how he was gonna fight me next time to saw me and fuck me up (take a guess who!!) and I always just egged him on he got more aggressive and would pass out / black out at some point and it was never mentioned again (till the next drinks)
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #36216 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 12:38:30 »

I give up.

Who were you in your previous life.

Amir

Maybe it was just my age back then but anything nasty aimed at me I always took as banter. One TEF member every time he’d had a few would text me and tell me how he was gonna fight me next time to saw me and fuck me up (take a guess who!!) and I always just egged him on he got more aggressive and would pass out / black out at some point and it was never mentioned again (till the next drinks)

Dosser? I'd say ben but I don't think he's got a violent side  Soapy Tit Wank

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #36217 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 12:46:03 »

Amir

Dosser? I'd say ben but I don't think he's got a violent side  Soapy Tit Wank

Ah yeah makes sense now. Man with a van or something like that

Before Dosser…
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #36218 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 12:55:41 »

Ah yeah makes sense now. Man with a van or something like that

Before Dosser…

Oh, Dave Russell then?

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #36219 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 12:57:01 »

Oh, Dave Russell then?

Bingo
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #36220 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 13:12:01 »

Good old Dave, last i heard he was in clink
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #36221 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 13:13:20 »

Is he the stalker and fraudster?

Now, ain't that just like me?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #36222 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 13:19:44 »

He was.

I’ve seen him in a pub in Swindon on two different occasions (not to speak to) on a weekday lunch time. Having beer whilst working away on a laptop.

I think he was a pub manager at some point - whether he still is and works in that pub I don’t know.
Although having a stalking, alcoholic fraudster as pub manager just screams ‘bad decision’ to me

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #36223 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 13:20:00 »

Since when did the word cunt get frowned upon? what have I missed?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #36224 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 13:26:56 »

I still miss J1mmy, at least he could take the banter.
Pages: 1 ... 2412 2413 2414 [2415] 2416 2417 2418 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: