Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Steve Murrall  (Read 122410 times)
stevemurrall

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 20:05:07 »

Unfortunately Steve, you do look like you hold the world record for being the 'Shiftiest Man Ever' as officially verified by Norris McWhirter of the Guiness Book of Records in that picture. You must have trained for months to achieve that look  Cool

Great win today though as you say.

It's nice to hold some kind of record...
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 20:08:56 »

Evening Steve, just a couple of questions from me, firstly please can we have a blow by blow account of the board room fracas which saw Gary Hooper get the boot?

My second question is have you had any contact with Callum Rice since his departure - did he go back to 'working the cruises' and would you say that his appointment was simply a case of 'jobs for the boys'?
stevemurrall

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 20:12:51 »

Evening Steve, just a couple of questions from me, firstly please can we have a blow by blow account of the board room fracas which saw Gary Hooper get the boot?

My second question is have you had any contact with Callum Rice since his departure - did he go back to 'working the cruises' and would you say that his appointment was simply a case of 'jobs for the boys'?

Hi, I didn't see the fracas but it wasn't the reason Gary left.  Both Gary and Callum left when the board was restructured after we had reviewed what the club needed, neither left on a negative note to my knowledge.  If it was jobs for the boys it wasn't long lived..

Have spoken to Gary since he left but not to Callum, I didn't know Callum before this venture..

fatbasher

« Reply #168 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 20:20:45 »

Muz you twat, it's Muz.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 20:24:02 »

Gents/ladies & Steve

Going forward may I suggest Steve be given a Nic, like Muzza for instance? Reading "hi Steve" type posts seems....., well there are things that come to mind I ought not post so for me you are Muzza.

PS, 'twas my half eaten chip and my sons tray that you enjoyed before the Chelsea game. Top bloke IMHO.

Best wishes for the future Muzza.

Big fan of the show Steve?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 20:46:17 »

Muz you twat, it's Muz.
Don't call him that, Crispy's mates will organise a piss-up/scrap/demo against him
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 21:03:32 »

Hi, I didn't see the fracas but it wasn't the reason Gary left.  Both Gary and Callum left when the board was restructured after we had reviewed what the club needed, neither left on a negative note to my knowledge.  If it was jobs for the boys it wasn't long lived..

Have spoken to Gary since he left but not to Callum, I didn't know Callum before this venture..

That was an odd one that. His involvement pretty much epitomised why I (and many others I'm sure) had serious doubts at the time. I mean, a 6 bed B&B owner from Lincoln with no apparent business or football background, no obvious 'role', no links to the club and nothing to offer in terms of investment, who was (presumably) picking up a salary and / or perks?

Also, Greg Hall. What the fuck happened there?
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 21:05:39 by manc_red » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 21:11:42 »

That was an odd one that. His involvement pretty much epitomised why I (and many others I'm sure) had serious doubts at the time. I mean, a 6 bed B&B owner from Lincoln with no apparent business or football background, no obvious 'role', no links to the club and nothing to offer in terms of investment, who was (presumably) picking up a salary and / or perks?

Also, Greg Hall. What the fuck happened there?

I was one of the many who were baffled by Callum's involvement.  With the benefit of hindsight, I think (and Steve/Muz may be able to confirm) that he had a background in events promotion in & around Bedfordshire (?), and his remit was to look at the scope for staging concerts at the County Ground on a regular basis.

If that was the case (ie his having a very narrow, project-based remit), it was not very well communicated at the outset...leading many of us to wonder what the hell he was doing there.  May have been a little unkind, in retrospect.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 21:18:24 »

Frankly If they were looking for someone with events experience, then I would have done it for them.  More experience and contacts than that fella.

And Id do it for just 1 merc and a season ticket.

Never knowingly overstated.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 21:21:28 »

Frankly If they were looking for someone with events experience, then I would have done it for them.  More experience and contacts than that fella.

And Id do it for just 1 merc and a season ticket.
I'd be your able assistant. Also for 1 merc and a season ticket.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 21:22:06 »

But neither of you look like Rick Wakeman.  Probably.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 21:22:44 »

I could pass for Rick Waller if that helps at all?
stevemurrall

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 22:07:58 »

I was one of the many who were baffled by Callum's involvement.  With the benefit of hindsight, I think (and Steve/Muz may be able to confirm) that he had a background in events promotion in & around Bedfordshire (?), and his remit was to look at the scope for staging concerts at the County Ground on a regular basis.

If that was the case (ie his having a very narrow, project-based remit), it was not very well communicated at the outset...leading many of us to wonder what the hell he was doing there.  May have been a little unkind, in retrospect.

I think his involvement was about concerts and in hindsight he may well of done a better job than the event that actually happened...  And the Greg Hall episode I can't spread any light on that particular time at all, was a bit confused myself on that one.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 22:13:43 »

Hi Nomoreheroes

1. It was great, the day to day pressures of working in the club revolve predominantly around the financial pressures but the operational and sales team I had were great and deserve the fans respect as much as the team on the pitch. I think I did quite a few good improvements and left the business in a better position to survive as a self sufficient model, but have no doubt it is not there yet and the current board are having to support that short fall.

2.  It was nice to wake up on the first Monday after leaving and realise the stress was no longer mine, however I would never rule out coming and offering my support should Jed need any assistance in the future.

3.  I think you should as fans always understand that anything can happen, look at what people bring and what their plans are, I would suggest Jed is in it because he really is a footy fan, not everyone in the future may just be in it for that.  Overall though as long as everyone plays their part then I think the fans should be happy with where we have got to and maintain hope for the future that things go to plan..

Hope that helps..
Thanks Steve.

I have this mental image of the club being a bit Heath-Robinson during Diamandis time and then being made more professional under the previous Board. It then seems that you came in and made things a bit more efficient and modern. Is that a fair assessment or am I way off the mark?

I'd also be interested to hear how and why you became involved and what your initial thought were on day one when you came in and saw the reality of the situation?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #179 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 22:15:19 »

Hmmm.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: