Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradford v Swindon Town pre match drivel and matchday thread  (Read 16609 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 14:30:57 »

they certainly worked extremely hard. I'm not sure I saw masses of skill, but that didn't really matter.

plus they were a side low on confidence, will probably improve on their footballina side after building a more solid base.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 14:33:26 »

You only have to look at Gunnings first game last season to see what a sacking can do to players.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 14:39:39 »

true
donaldslovehild

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 14:49:33 »

You only have to look at Gunnings first game last season to see what a sacking can do to players.
I suggested just that earlier, apparently its 'tripe'!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 14:56:02 »

Twice!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 17:58:26 »

New Manager bounce doesn’t always work.
Wellens getting trounced at home 0-4 v Carlisle.

The fans that travelled up yesterday and around us all saying how poor Bradford were the first 20 mins. If Charlie scored only knows the outcome but they looked void of any ideas.
We did look jaded where they changed it during the second half.

Very concerned with the squad depth.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Monday, October 9, 2023, 08:37:06 »

In person on Tuesday and listened to the Wireless on Saturday.

Twas a hard listen!

If Austins goes in, its a very different game....it didnt and we fell into the void.

Clems Army!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Monday, October 9, 2023, 09:54:36 »

Big game Saturday
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Monday, October 9, 2023, 10:44:05 »

Just watched extended highlights. Austin bad miss and good saver from RHM in second half. But they could have scored 1/2 dozen. Does that sum it up?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Laddy in Red

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Monday, October 9, 2023, 11:01:29 »

Just watched extended highlights. Austin bad miss and good saver from RHM in second half. But they could have scored 1/2 dozen. Does that sum it up?
That's how I saw it NMH. Don't think the Austin miss changes anything because we were hopelessly 2nd best most of the match.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Monday, October 9, 2023, 11:25:05 »

That's how I saw it NMH. Don't think the Austin miss changes anything because we were hopelessly 2nd best most of the match.

Disagree. Bradford looked petrified first 15.
Score that goal and you could have the Bradford fans on the backs of the players, instead they realised we were going deeper and deeper and our passing was not up to usual standards.

Stand out note this season is how quiet Swindon are at home.
Can only hope with the Ground Development we see a decent home end with good views, the TE is way overdue to be upgraded. If this leads to a decent home End with the atmosphere being late 70’s early 80’s then I am sure this would be a positive.

We looked fatigued Saturday, nothing to change it on the bench and could have come away with something.
Bradford fans I spoke to after the game were surprised how poor we were, they put it down to a one off bad performance. I am more concerned that we will struggle with a few out from the Tuesday / Saturday schedule.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Monday, October 9, 2023, 11:27:20 »

Disagree. Bradford looked petrified first 15.
Score that goal and you could have the Bradford fans on the backs of the players, instead they realised we were going deeper and deeper and our passing was not up to usual standards.

Stand out note this season is how quiet Swindon are at home.
Can only hope with the Ground Development we see a decent home end with good views, the TE is way overdue to be upgraded. If this leads to a decent home End with the atmosphere being late 70’s early 80’s then I am sure this would be a positive.

We looked fatigued Saturday, nothing to change it on the bench and could have come away with something.
Bradford fans I spoke to after the game were surprised how poor we were, they put it down to a one off bad performance. I am more concerned that we will struggle with a few out from the Tuesday / Saturday schedule.

Let’s hope Flynn is waking up Clem all hours letting him know how threadbare the squad is.

So, give no fucks
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Monday, October 9, 2023, 11:29:02 »

New Manager bounce doesn’t always work.
Wellens getting trounced at home 0-4 v Carlisle.

The fans that travelled up yesterday and around us all saying how poor Bradford were the first 20 mins. If Charlie scored only knows the outcome but they looked void of any ideas.
We did look jaded where they changed it during the second half.

Very concerned with the squad depth.

Basically it tends to work either:
1. new manager comes in and makes players play at high-tempo, high effort (not much tactics but just intensity and energy) = new manager bounce but wouldn't last long (see Gunning)
2. new manager comes in and wants to implement ideas/philosophy (more tactical) = slow manager bounce but do better over time (see Wellens)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Monday, October 9, 2023, 11:54:19 »

read a study a while ago basically saying new manager bounce is bollocks. can't find it now. Have this instead

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2021/nov/25/investigating-new-manager-bounce-premier-league
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Monday, October 9, 2023, 11:58:10 »

Not sure we can categorically state the Gunningbounce didn’t last long.

Goals always have & always will change games. Austin puts that in, we go 1-0 and it is a different game. Entirely plausible Bradford would have come back into it though…don’t think going 1-0 guarantees we’d run out winners.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: