Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Forest Green Rovers v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 66016 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 10:34:39 »

My punishment for not being able to get a ticket is shopping with the missus in Marlborough. 3-1 to the Town.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 10:44:13 »

My punishment for not being able to get a ticket is shopping with the missus in Marlborough. 3-1 to the Town.

I sometimes go shopping in Marlborough..... the Oxfam bookshop, you get some decent stuff in there.  

There used to be one in Swindon, but Oxfam gave up on Swindon and closed down.

I enjoy the contrast between getting on the X5 at the Bus Station and getting off in the High Street.  

World's apart and encapsulates our divided society.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 10:45:33 »

Marlborough isn't too bad Reg  Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 10:53:43 »

Marlborough isn't too bad Reg  Smiley

It's in danger of disappearing up its own arse.... it's always been a wealthy place, but usually in an understated fashion, as the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, it starts to show.  So the contrast with the Bus Station area is particularly stark.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 10:55:31 »

I sometimes go shopping in Marlborough..... the Oxfam bookshop, you get some decent stuff in there.  

There used to be one in Swindon, but Oxfam gave up on Swindon and closed down.

I enjoy the contrast between getting on the X5 at the Bus Station and getting off in the High Street.  

World's apart antd encapsulates our divided society.

Drove through Marlborough on the car share to work in Pewsey for years.
Always liked to envisage The Polly Tea Rooms as a front for a knocking shop known only to the locals.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 11:01:18 »

Drove through Marlborough on the car share to work in Pewsey for years.
Always liked to envisage The Polly Tea Rooms as a front for a knocking shop known only to the locals.

A pleasant commute.  PTR has been there as long as I remember, which goes back to being able to get a train from Old Town.  You do get some very fragrant ladies promenading along the High Street, I see them as more like characters in a Jilly Cooper novel
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #66 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 11:29:08 »

In 1st team games between the 2 sides FGR have only won 2 times (1 of those was the mickey mouse game) in 7 with 1 draw and a Swindon win in the other 4 games. FGR have only scored more than 1 goal against us on 1 occassion back in the FA cup in 2007.

In the 2 games at the Vegan Palace they have not beaten us with 1 draw and 1 Town win and they have only scored 1 goal which was in the draw last season.

FGR have no players with a Swindon Town connection but Matt Mills spent a couple year at Swindon as a youth. His younger brother also at FGR is Joe Mills who was born in Swindon but never played for us at any level.

They obviously have the often outspoken Mark Cooper as manager, a marmite man at Swindon who I personally never took to as everything was always someone else fault, even sometimes blaming the fans and never took responsibility for his own poor decisions in tactics or substitutions. Something FGR fans have also bemoaned, he was also tactless in criticism of Justin Edinburgh and Ross Embleton recently. A man who has no class it would seem. He can also fall out with himself in an empty room and has been working so far this season with no assistant ever since ex Town youth manager Scott Lindsey left due to family problems.

FGR have not been great at home so far this season with just 4 wins coming at Vegetable Towers, they have suffered 3 defeats at home vs Newport, Plymouth and Scunthorpe.

They do have the tightest defence in L2 having conceded 16 goals vs our 22 but have only scored 24 compaired to our huge total of 37 so far.

Their current league form is LWDLL their recent home league form is LWDWDLDL. They currently sit in 6th place in the table.

Thier top scorer is left back and penalty taker Joe Mills with 6 and Celtic loanee striker Jack Aicheson on 5.

I have no doubt that Cooper will pack the midfield today and try to outplay us, they will be hard to break down as they have such a good defensive record, something Cooper never got to grips with in his time at Swindon, they will pass and run but can they outpass us? I don't think they will but will have the backing of half the crowd and are convinced they will outsing the Town fans (they won't) and will bang that fucking drum to try and drown out the chants for the Ginger Pele.

If Doyle managed to score today he will put him just 1 game behind Swindon Towns all time record for consecutive games scored in, a record held by Harry Morris from way back 90 years ago.

10 scoring games in a row would be absolutely amazing and not beyond his ability at all.

If we keep a clean sheet it will be 4 games in a row, something we have not achieved since 2012-13.

If Swindon win it will be 8 games in a row, equalling the winning run by the Macari Championship winning side of 85-86, something only 1 Swindon side since then when we won 10 in a row under PdC in 2011-12 again when we were champions of this division.

I sense a theme....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 11:33:01 »

I have no doubt that Cooper will pack the midfield today and try to outplay us, they will be hard to break down as they have such a good defensive record, something Cooper never got to grips with in his time at Swindon, they will pass and run but can they outpass us? I don't think they will but will have the backing of half the crowd and are convinced they will outsing the Town fans (they won't) and will bang that fucking drum to try and drown out the chants for the Ginger Pele.
Think a lot of the noise they will make is bickering amongst themselves:

https://twitter.com/southstandfgr/status/1208312501538041858?s=21

And we thought we had a divided fan base!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 11:33:47 »

A pleasant commute.  PTR has been there as long as I remember, which goes back to being able to get a train from Old Town.  You do get some very fragrant ladies promenading along the High Street, I see them as more like characters in a Jilly Cooper novel

Sadly, can't see that line being looked at by the Government as part of the promised review of Beeching cuts. Not sure if it had gone before then though.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #69 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 11:34:25 »

Think a lot of the noise they will make is bickering amongst themselves:

https://twitter.com/southstandfgr/status/1208312501538041858?s=21

And we thought we had a divided fan base!
I fully understand their concerns though TBH, it is like as you stated previously, like Diamandis saying we were going to Chippenham.

Dale Vince, the ego has landed and the fans are worth nothing.

Flashheart

« Reply #70 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 11:34:28 »

Will take a point
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 11:36:40 »

Vegetable Towers. Love it PV. Like one of the stadium names on ISS64 😂

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 11:38:27 »

The 'spoons was packed with Town fans, so decamped to The Ale House.
This place is the bollocks
Plenty of room, log fire and a great selection of beers.

And the mobile signal is shite around here.

Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #73 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 11:38:31 »

I thought about Turnip Towers, as it had a certain ring to it...

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, December 21, 2019, 11:39:52 »

I thought about Turnip Towers, as it had a certain ring to it...

Not Fodderbeet Fields? 😉

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: