Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Strange Places where you have seen Town Players/Footballers/famous people ??  (Read 29746 times)
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 11:08:03 »

Flew back from Guernsey to Southampton a few years back in a plane named after Matt Le Tissier, which also had a big picture of him on the side. Walking to the plane from the terminal I saw a big fella shuffling along just in front of me which turned out to be the man himself. He was sat half way back in a crappy aisle seat on his own plane (well sort of) while I had the best seat with loads of leg room at the front. I did consider offering him my seat, but only for a nanosecond Hmmm
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 12:20:58 »

Chris Kamara in Tescos just before christmas last year, really nice bloke even laughed when i told him how i remembered him the first time he played for us.
BTW it was because i was about 4 or 5 and he was the first black man i ever remember seeing.
He actually found this hilarous.
Barry Scott

« Reply #77 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 12:33:04 »

Chris Kamara in Tescos just before christmas last year, really nice bloke even laughed when i told him how i remembered him the first time he played for us.
BTW it was because i was about 4 or 5 and he was the first black man i ever remember seeing.
He actually found this hilarous.

That reminds me, my sister and her boyfriend saw him a few weeks ago in Covingham shops. They had a long chat with him and I was saddened to know they weren't aware he'd ever played for Town. Embarrassed

Apparently he's about quite a bit because some of his family live in Eldene.
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 12:38:38 »

Sat behind Frank Skinner at an England v India one-dayer at Lords in 2002. The one where India chased an improbable 326 and Ganguly waved his top around on the balcony!! Thought to myself... brilliant this will be a really funny day! but skinner barely said two words... disappointing!

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 12:39:45 »

Football related - Paul Sturrock, Tesco Swindon

Urika Johnson - Just walking past a car walking into town and out she gets, think she was going to open a shop or something.

Also a couple of years ago, we sold something to Sharon Davies and I offered to go a put in in her car, Very tall and still quite fit.    think she had Personal number plate of SWIM or SWIM1
PocketScience

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 13:11:39 »

Also a couple of years ago, we sold something to Sharon Davies and I offered to go a put in in her car, Very tall and still quite fit.    think she had Personal number plate of SWIM or SWIM1

I saw her in stratton Sainsburys about a year ago!

Also once saw Fjortoft in McDonalds on Great Western Way during his period of not scoring when he first signed for us
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 13:49:35 »

I walked out my front door and was fairly certain I saw louise redknapp in her car in front of me

Things get better but they never get good
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 17:05:56 »

Saw Des Lynam in a service station the other day.
Hernan Crespo in Harrods with his stunning Missus a few years back.
Tried chatting up a bird in a london bar, upon my dismal failured i return to my mates table to be told it was Claire Sweeny from Brookside amongst other things.
Saw Kirk from Corrie in a Las Vegas shopping centre, he was there to watch his mate Ricky Hatton.
Barry Scott

« Reply #83 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 19:17:32 »

Just reminded me that when I took my driving test Steve Finney went to take his just before me.

Also saw Brezovan dressed like the bohemian artist sort he is, having a McDonalds with his misses and then finishing up with a fag. Which reminds me of seeing Zaaboub hairing around town in his Alfa Romeo. (He was also smoking but then he was french so it's a given.)
Dazzza

« Reply #84 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 21:34:33 »

Flew back from Guernsey to Southampton a few years back in a plane named after Matt Le Tissier, which also had a big picture of him on the side. Walking to the plane from the terminal I saw a big fella shuffling along just in front of me which turned out to be the man himself. He was sat half way back in a crappy aisle seat on his own plane (well sort of) while I had the best seat with loads of leg room at the front. I did consider offering him my seat, but only for a nanosecond Hmmm

I've been on that very plane but no Le Tissier.  Awful bloody flight mind.

Bumblebee

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 22:28:27 »

I once took a piss in the urinal next to Dustin Hoffman at the mens Wimbledon final.
Before anyone says, no I didnt look.  Saw Muhammed Al Fayad on same day as he was sat just a few rows down from me.

Saw Greg Rusedski munch down 2 foot long hotdogs (the fat bastard) at a theatre showing of Dr Dolittle where I also walked past Jennifer Love Hewitt on the way to the toilets.

I have also sat down for lunch with Jamie Rednapp and Nigel Martyn at a golf event prior to the World Cup in 98.  Met all the rest of the squad at the same event, the highlights of which had to be meeting David Beckham and also Paul Ince who was a bit of a 'character'.

In terms of Swindon players/managers - once saw Micky Hazard in Florida during a summer holiday.  Also saw Dennis Wise at a local fireworks display as he used to live near us when I was younger and he was still playing.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 22:35:24 »

I once saw Danny Invincible at the 24 hour garage in Chiseldon just after he signed for us. It was fucking freezing and he had shorts and flip flops on, bloody aussies.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #87 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 22:48:50 »

Luc Nijholt used to have kick abouts with anyone who had a football at Poynings Road park. Immense.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 07:04:56 »

That reminds me, my sister and her boyfriend saw him a few weeks ago in Covingham shops. They had a long chat with him and I was saddened to know they weren't aware he'd ever played for Town. Embarrassed

Apparently he's about quite a bit because some of his family live in Eldene.

Kammy is my mates godfather!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 07:49:36 »

You probably won't believe this but here goes, I once saw Shaun Close on the pitch at the county ground.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: