Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats it like when you break a toe?  (Read 1355 times)
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 00:29:47 »

Its just that I managed to accidentally kick a door frame on my way for a whizz (at half past 2 today) and I checked my toe about an hour afterwards, it hurt but didn't look too unusual. Now after having been to work I came home to find my toe very swollen, still painful (well, I already knew that bit) and very bruised. Is it worth getting checked out? I suppose I'll have a better idea when I wake up tomorrow but I wanted the guidance of the tef on this matter...

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Danjackson10

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 00:40:37 »

its fucking painful but there is shit all you can do about it! Some xrays wont even bother xray'in it as there is not alot they can do! plenty of ice to reduce swell, elevate when possible and try to stay off your foot as much as you can! Pain killers are your friend!
ibelieveinmrreeves

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 00:45:01 »

Hmm, I'm not in that much pain, not constantly, only when putting pressure on it. Will heed your advice though, thank you doctor.

Danjackson10

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 00:56:59 »

its nurse
Danjackson10

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 00:57:24 »

night nurse at that Smiley
ibelieveinmrreeves

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 01:03:24 »

sorry, thank you murse Smiley

swindon_chick

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 07:33:42 »

Yeah its very painfull. I found it hard to put weight on that foot to walk properly. X-ray will see if its broken or not but even if it is there still isn't alot you can do!
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 08:11:42 »

My missus broke her big toe on her left foot over two years ago - all to do with coriander and a laptop, but hey, who cares. X-ray showed that she fractured the bone around the joint, so it wasn't a clean break. It swelled up within a hour, nice and purple, about twice its normal size. She eventually had an op on it almost two years ago, the surgeon removed several bone shards which he kindly presented after the event for the memories (bless), but frankly, its done very little good medium term.

The only thing I can suggest is Vicoden is your best friend. That and you just have to deal with it.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 09:41:35 »

Def get it checked, but prob nothing they can do, breaks/fractures in fingers and toes becomes susciptible to aches and possibly arthritis later on, so best do as much as you can now.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 09:47:54 »

I stubbed my toe pretty badly about 6 months ago when rushing up out of bed to answer the phone. I didn't break it, but managed to rip about half of the skin off of my little toe leaving a nice trail of blood down the stairs. It still makes me cringe thinking about it.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 09:48:29 »

Strap it up to the toe next to it, elevate it when ever you can (including when you go to bed), don't put too much weight on it and try to wear as non-restrictive footwear as possible. It will take a while to improve, but whether you've broken or sprained it (and you've done one or the other by the sound of it) the advice you'll get will be the same.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 10:18:02 »

I'm convinced a broke my little toe when I was little. I went to kick something in the front room (a balloon or little ball or something) and caught my little to on the sofa as I swung. My word was that painful! Couldn't wear a trainer for weeks but my parents insisted it was fine Cheesy
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 10:27:33 »

Def get it checked, but prob nothing they can do, breaks/fractures in fingers and toes becomes susciptible to aches and possibly arthritis later on, so best do as much as you can now.

Spot on, that's what can happen especially if your family is heradatory to arthritis,it act's like a trigger for the onset of arthritis,it's not always later on tho, i done mine at 19 and ended up with two new hips by the age of 26 and a fused lower spine.

My case is exceptional tho, so your more than likely 98% okay until like Sutton say's later on in life,as for the toe it's self you just have to let it heal on it's own.

Go to the doc's tho,they will more than likely give you some anti-inflammatories (non-steroidal)to help with the swelling.
ibelieveinmrreeves

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 11:21:00 »

Thanks for the input guys. Think I will get it checked out, to be on the safe side. Proof that the tef is a valuable source of info!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: