Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Secret Cameroonian trialist  (Read 21941 times)
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 07:49:44 »

Apparantly plays in Slovenia, and is "hot property", so he is either very good, or stolen. Not sure which.

Anyway, a little digging and I could only find these three Cameroonians in the top flight in Slovenia and noe are strikers (according to the ever reliable Wikipedia) There were a few Nigerians as well though.

Dinnyuy Kongnyuy MF
Enow Juvette Tabot MF
Theophile Junior Ntamé DF

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slĺtt England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slĺtt England! England, kjempers fřdeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slĺtt dem alle sammen. Vi har slĺtt dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 08:11:45 »

Wasn't there a famous one nicknamed Skippy?
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 08:14:09 »

No, that was a kangaroo from Australia, not a camaroon playing in Austria
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 08:15:25 »

Now maybe, just maybe the Adver have mis-reported this.... could it be a Cameroonian plying his trade in Slovakia?Huh??

If so this guy fits the bill perfectly -

http://www.uefa.com/footballeurope/news/kind=2/newsid=775767.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Kweuke

Cameroonian striker Leonard Kweuke hopes his goals for DAC 1904 Dunajská Streda could one day earn him a move west, saying it is "not so far" from Slovakia to the big leagues in England, France and Spain.

Goals flowing
The 21-year-old's first season in Slovakia has been a dream so far, with his ten goals helping a Dunajská Streda side coached by former TSV 1860 München coach Werner Lorant, and led by Iranian club president Khashayar Mohseni, to fifth in the table. Kweuke may be second to SK Slovan Bratislava's 12-goal Pavol Masaryk in the scoring chart, but Dunajská Streda assistant coach MikulᚠRadványi feels his protégé deserves to be top, telling uefa.com: "Some of Masaryk's goals have been penalties. In my opinion, Kweuke is currently the best forward in the Slovakian league."

Powerful striker
For many, Kweuke's performance in a 3-2 win against MŠK Ružomberok on Saturday proved that. Dunajská Streda ended the game with nine men, but Kweuke scored twice to earn his side victory. "His biggest strength is his power," said Radványi of the player signed from Iranian club Steel Azin FC. "He is a huge talent and still only 21. Ružomberok tried to stop him, but didn't know how to. When we saw him for the first time we knew he could be a star for our club, but we had to be patient. He needed to feel that we had faith in him. Kweuke scored only once during the pre-season friendlies, but has scored regularly in the league."

Article dated last year, but it might be a viable shout... had subsequent loan spells in the bundesliga according to wikipedia
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 08:19:55 »

No, that was a kangaroo from Australia, not a camaroon playing in Austria

I thought that was a coconut biscuit?
lambourn red

« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 08:20:06 »

Now maybe, just maybe the Adver have mis-reported this.... could it be a Cameroonian plying his trade in Slovakia?Huh??

If so this guy fits the bill perfectly -

http://www.uefa.com/footballeurope/news/kind=2/newsid=775767.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Kweuke

Article dated last year, but it might be a viable shout... had subsequent loan spells in the bundesliga according to wikipedia

Lets hope you are right as there does not seem to be anyone in the slovenian league that fits the bill but this guy looks like he does.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 08:28:54 »

found this on you tube of him
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 08:30:04 »

you could be on to something. The adver article sounds like its from an interview prior to the Cardiff game as DW says "We’re hoping to get him in over the weekend, but he won’t be able to play in any games because he’s still tied to a club." and i'm pretty sure i saw Brezovan in the directors box at the game, what reason could he be there for except to help translating/selling the club to agent/player etc.
flammableBen

« Reply #8 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 08:31:57 »

and i'm pretty sure i saw Brezovan in the directors box at the game, what reason could he be there for except to help translating/selling the club to agent/player etc.

Err. to meet up with old work colleagues?
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 08:32:55 »

Nice find Town23, some nice goals in there...
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 08:39:12 »

true, i'd of thought getting himself a club would be more important on a sat, he can see them anytime. Anyway, just adding to the speculation.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 08:39:42 »

" ...  except to help translating/selling the club to agent/player etc."

Isn't French the language in Cameroon?
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 08:43:24 »

even if this aint the guy were getting we should send that video along to DW to take a look at he looks exactly like what were looking for
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 08:54:41 »

' I could only find these three Cameroonians in the top flight '
Dinnyuy Kongnyuy MF
Enow Juvette Tabot MF
Theophile Junior Ntamé DF

Theophile Junior Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh??............prime target for the 'with a packet of sweets' song !
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, July 27, 2009, 08:55:44 »

At least its something to talk about, last week was pretty quiet on the Western front!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: