Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 247738 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 17:29:29 »

Great investors they've got at that club then, pumping in the cash

Is there any evidence of either of them putting a single penny in to the club? If there is, I haven't see it.

Both are property investors and are there the re-development potential, they don't give a fuck about the club.

Portsmouth have been living well beyond their means for a good few years and its only a matter of time before it goes tits up and they end up in administration, followed by a rapid descent down the leagues.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 17:37:36 »

Portsmouth have been living well beyond their means for a good few years and its only a matter of time before it goes tits up and they end up in administration, followed by a rapid descent down the leagues.
Smiley You sound just like the Saints fan I sit next to at work, who outlines precisely this scenario and "passing them on the way back up" with considerable relish. And FWIW I reckon you're both right
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 17:41:41 »

No they won't, living about 700 yds from Fratton Park, I'm not sure where these rumours are emanating from but it ain't the club or the locals.
I have images of you popping along to the ground everyday now just to ask if it's true.Fwiw i think people are saying it because month on month they are not paying the players on time.
Spencer_White

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 18:06:09 »

Smiley You sound just like the Saints fan I sit next to at work, who outlines precisely this scenario and "passing them on the way back up" with considerable relish. And FWIW I reckon you're both right

Funny that he sounds like a Saints fan.

At Swindon late payment wasnt really serious until it went 2 or 3 months. The difference with Portsmouth the sums involved with their wage bill are so massive that you wonder if it will all unravel a lot quicker than it did at lower league clubs.

I certainly wouldnt be putting any cash in their collection bucket!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 19:18:45 »

Ring that bell now then!....last orders please.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 13:49:07 »

*bump*
Taxman served winding-up petition
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8434987.stm
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, January 1, 2010, 20:51:47 »

Failed to pay their wages again, Lens asking for them to be shut down, £9m due to former owner at the end of January, a new owner not injecting promised funds (again) and fuck all players left that are worth decent money.

Makes you wonder just how bad things are at Portsmouth and how bad the total debt is.

Administration looming? Or maybe liquidation?

I like the sound of liquidation if it means another club getting promoted.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, January 1, 2010, 20:57:12 »

"I like the sound of liquidation if it means another club getting promoted."

I know it was probably a throw away comment, but I really wouldn't want a club to go under.

Think I read somewhere Palace failed to pay wages (on time)  again last month too
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, January 1, 2010, 21:00:37 »

I know it was probably a throw away comment, but I really wouldn't want a club to go under.

Think I read somewhere Palace failed to pay wages (on time)  again last month too

With the exception of Franchise.

You're right about Crystal Palace

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11706_5818892,00.html

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, January 1, 2010, 21:01:39 »

With the exception of Franchise.

Obviously. I meant proper football club. Even Oxford.

HAve you worked out which pub you are going to yet?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, January 1, 2010, 22:41:36 »

"I like the sound of liquidation if it means another club getting promoted."

I wouldn't wish it on any club but having said that, Portsmouth seem to be one of the worst examples of a club spending money they don't have to buy success and it all falling apart when they have to pay it back. Don't forget that there are a number of clubs that Portsmouth owe money to, why should those clubs suffer? Its also clubs like Portsmouth that help to inflate salaries and transfer fees, which trickles down and ends up affecting clubs like ours.

Whilst it wouldn't be good for their fans, a Premier League club like Portsmouth going tits up might be the wake up call clubs and authorities need to stop fucking about and finally do something about the problem.
china red

« Reply #41 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 00:38:32 »

Whilst it wouldn't be good for their fans, a Premier League club like Portsmouth going tits up might be the wake up call clubs and authorities need to stop fucking about and finally do something about the problem.

I think it would just open the floodgates and we'd see other clubs go out of business.  Surely that can never be a good thing

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #42 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 07:49:33 »

My mate is a season ticket holder and is very friendly with a couple of the players who visit his nightclub and they are very very pissed off, and have spoken about strike action.

They also think that if an investor is not on board inside the next month then they will be in administration, not good at all.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 10:12:39 »

Don't think even that would be enough. If it was West Ham, then you'd see some action as every other sports journo in the country seems to be a West Ham fan, but apart from that never underestimate the sheer complacency and smugness of the football authorities
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 10:47:22 »

I must admit I have a relatively soft spot for them. My brother used to live down that way, & we used to have a real good time when Pompey played Us. We used to go on the pre match pub crawl with his work mates (from the dockyard) who all supported them. It was what you might call interesting going into pubs full of blue & being the only reds. Never really got any bother tho' other than the normal banter (Having a dozen dockers with you helps mind)
So I wouldn't want to see them go under, as I know that a lot of those guys still go every week & they are true football fans.

From the Dark Side
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: