Pages: 1 ... 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1219091 times)
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #3750 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 21:06:06 »

He's lost the support of the daily mail.  I didnt think that was possible.  Jesus.

Thoughts and prayers for LL at this difficult time for him.

But remember Diane Abbott did drink a canned cocktail on the tube once so c’mon guys Labour are bad too and she didn’t resign

* FD1F7836-0E9D-49C5-A5E4-CFA9B425CAB6.jpeg (239.74 KB, 828x1106 - viewed 210 times.)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #3751 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 21:08:46 »

Further evidence that lockdown is over is the swarm of photographers crawling over each other outside Cummings house this morning. If they aren't each spoken to by the police and possibly fined, I'd say the precedent has been set for the rest of us

the press outside his house was disgusting, two wrongs dont make a right. they are reporting on breaching rules whilst they swarm around like vultures ignoring distancing

as said earlier, it was very uncomfortable watching and embarrassing.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #3752 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 21:23:43 »

Guardian and the Mail have turned on Johnson
He’s fucked then

Ignore
« Reply #3753 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 21:28:21 »

Probably not a popular opinion, but I don’t think groups meeting outside, or even being close to each other for short bursts (passing in the street for example) is that high of a risk right now. Number of infections are relatively low, and outside is not a conducive environment for the transmitting of the disease

If business and pubs were to open up and the same behaviours were being exhibited inside, that would be a higher concern. And that’s what I’d be worried about happening

Things get better but they never get good
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3754 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 23:11:28 »

Cummings is a dick but how does shit like this get aired:

https://twitter.com/uk_transparency/status/1264642191454023680?s=21
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3755 on: Sunday, May 24, 2020, 23:33:39 »

as said earlier, it was very uncomfortable watching and embarrassing.

The irony of the reporting on a bloke regarding lockdown rules, and these idiots running around like they are joined at the hip.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3756 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 01:17:45 »

I've got a sneaking feeling we're all being played once again by the dupesters. Cummings is a cunt.

Fixed it for you.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3757 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 02:26:28 »

I think from now on I'll make my own rules (within reason).

Our nation, politically is an absolute mess. I think the Chancellor is one of the very few who has behaved as most people would expect from any politician during this time. It seems to me Sunak acted in as much of the public interest as was possible. God knows what shit he had to wade through to push much of it through. Of course, it wasn't perfect and yes i'm aware he is still a Tory. Yet he is the only one I can say gets any slithers of credit.

The rest, forget it. Like I said. A total mess. It's beyond a shitshow. With regards to my own rules, I purely mean that for me, lockdown/quarantine/social distancing etc will not end yet. I will regard when I feel it is more safe for me to go to shopping for groceries more frequently, see people from a safe distance or use public transport etc. The hills and the countryside have been largely empty. I'm fortunate to be less than 5mins walking distance to open fields. In every "permitted" exercise session, I can count on one hand the people I have seen. Even then they were not even in shouting distance. These places have been the safest places for myself. The most alert (no pun) I have had to be is when walking through a field with about a dozen horses. Unfortunately for them, they were all tethered. Mostly though, the countryside has been no different to normal, in regards to seeing humans.

I'm aware that by extending my own isolation that this could be further damaging for myself financially, possibly mentally but I know it won't be forever. I'm genuinely as eager to fly off to somewhere in Europe as Sippo is to have a beer in a pub garden (sorry Sippo). One it'll be incredibly difficult to go and come back (do I want to) but I'll not risk it at all at this moment. In theory, I could fly out to Turkey tomorrow and it would make no difference to my current circumstances. I'd purely be in another country. But I won't do that because I don't feel it safe to do so yet and the potential of putting other peoples health at risk too.

I certainly do not entrust words that spill out of BoJo, Cummings, Hancock, Patel, Raab, Gove, basically nearly all of the Cabinet's mouth.

Everything just feels as if it is intended by government, to be innately cattywampus right now. It's so fucked up, it is a live-action satirical sketch show, played out before our eyes. It'd be funny if it was on the BBC as a comedy series (or is that what the News at Six is now?). Almost as if Cummings once binge watched The Thick of It, and uses it as his model to "Running Government 101". It works - for him and him only. Self serving. It's the only constant in all of this.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #3758 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 06:21:52 »

Got to give Boris praise for one thing. This is the most united I've seen the country in a long, long time.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #3759 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 07:51:06 »

Should imagine there's going to be a fair few people at the beach today.   If they can do it,  so can I attitude. 

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #3760 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 08:24:00 »

Should imagine there's going to be a fair few people at the beach today.   If they can do it,  so can I attitude. 
I agree. There will be many Cummings and goings.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3761 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 08:37:20 »

Whilst I do believe what Cummings did was wrong and the govt defending it in the way they are is difficult to swallow.

However the press swarm around his house and the people shouting abuse at him as he walks into his house is disgusting, his wife and child are at home and the poor kid must be petrified with what is happening. Did we learn nothing from the Caroline Flack episode?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #3762 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 09:07:57 »

Whilst I do believe what Cummings did was wrong and the govt defending it in the way they are is difficult to swallow.

However the press swarm around his house and the people shouting abuse at him as he walks into his house is disgusting, his wife and child are at home and the poor kid must be petrified with what is happening. Did we learn nothing from the Caroline Flack episode?

Agree with that. Very surprised also to see the 'Led by Donkeys' crew cranking up the volume outside Cummings' house on a Sunday afternoon. Counterproductive....have always thought they were smarter than that.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #3763 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 09:18:14 »

Agree. The Press are generally scumbags - the biggest bunch of hypocrites and liars. A post a few days ago showed the Daily Express having to apologise for a story they admitted to writing in advance where James Milner was booed by Man City fans but didn’t even play. Tabloids, in particular, are the lowest of the low.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3764 on: Monday, May 25, 2020, 09:39:38 »

Let's play devils advocate- you have a 4 yr old autistic son and both parents have c19. do you stay at home or do you get family to come to you/ go to them.

this question only applies to a single visit and if evidence of multiple appear then it doesnt apply unless we know why. just interested to see what people would have done

Here's what you don't do: you don't confine your child in a small metal box with two infected adults submitting him to a massive viral load for 5 or 6 hours. Especially when you have family who live a couple of miles away who could have stepped in if childcare was really your concern
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: