Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sheffield United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 61664 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 19:28:35 »

Why not start playing some really motivational music when we attack too. And we could pipe some booing and hissing through the speakers when the visitors get a throw in eh.

It's no big mystery why crowds are down. If you get rid of the cringeworthy fucking goal music, they will come.

It isn't the tune itself, its the fact music blares out drowning out the crowd immediately after we score. It's insulting. I know for a fact fans are staying away because of it.  Angry
If people are staying away because of some shitty music they're fucking idiots.
We were amazing yesterday and rocking robin, UB40, The Dave Clark 5, an announcer on speed, the too loud tannoy, no chocolate bars in The DRS, none of that really matters to me.
How a thread on our most impressive win for ages has descended into a bitch fest about music at games is indicative of what a bunch of bellends some of you are.

It's All Good..............
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 19:31:18 »

100% agree Herthab.

Feel really sorry for the PA guy who came on here- they do a fab job and the criticism is unfair.

Goal music whatever it is will never please everyone. I even know Palace fans who do not like it and a Millwall fan who hates their anthem let em come. Doesn't stop them attending games though.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 19:32:25 »

How a thread on our most impressive win for ages has descended into a bitch fest about music at games is indicative of what a bunch of bellends some of you are.

Or that there is nothing else to complain about.
Usually performances over ride all other complaints and as thats out of the equation...
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 19:40:21 »

We were amazing yesterday and rocking robin, UB40, The Dave Clark 5, an announcer on speed, the too loud tannoy, no chocolate bars in The DRS, none of that really matters to me.

I'm not going anymore due to no paper in the toilets to dry my hands.
FFS what ever next.
I watch Swindon because I support my club. Don't give a damn for all the other issues.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 19:46:28 »

Back to the performance

Kasim,Louis and M Smith made the lge1 team of the week

http://the72.co.uk/19018/league-one-team-of-the-week-week-seven/
Barry Scott

« Reply #260 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 20:05:34 »

If all of those things are true, I'm glad I stopped going when the pa stopped working and we'd not paid the pigs. Lucky escape.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 20:10:53 »

It's actually the fact that they can't have a chance to win a mercedes at Half Time
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 20:12:30 »

Great win yesterday...a bit nervy when it got back to 3-2 but overall thought we were excellent. Hope we carry on this momentum into my favourite cup competition Tuesday night!

#VivaKenBarlow!
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 20:24:34 »

Can't agree more. The football is phenomenal and so is the general feeling around the club. This year has the potential to be incredible. The only hurdle we need to get over is the January window...

Only then can we start to really dream, cause at this point it could all go tits up. But with how we're becoming sustainable, I can't see anyone wanting to leave in the middle of this season. It has so much potential and they're all best friends so they won't want to leave eachother now when they feel they might have the chance to take Swindon into the Championship. BUZZZINNNGGGGGG.

COYR.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 20:28:47 »

Back to the performance

Kasim,Louis and M Smith made the lge1 team of the week

http://the72.co.uk/19018/league-one-team-of-the-week-week-seven/
As did Scott Cuthbert.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 20:29:15 »

I blame Cooper and the players

If they stopped scoring all these goals there'd be no Dave Clark Fiving Five and all the stay aways would rush back
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 20:55:49 »

Loved that yesterday. Louis' runs through the middle were superb, his goal fully deserved.

In fact, apart from the 10 minutes where Sheff realised they were there to stick the ball in the onion bag, all our lot looked good. Brad Smith hit a few wayward lofted crosses, but his runs and low crosses across the box were very dangerous. Glad to see him have a good game.

I dont completely despise Glad all over, but would prefer it if it was gone. Like many would prefer it if the announcing was reigned in a little and post goal music cut out completely. Would be good to have some XTC as the entrance music (or goal music if we must have some) and the hooter.
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 21:59:46 »

I'll add my appreciation for the PA explanation post.

No thanks to 'glad all over' and yes please to XTC / hooter stuff.  Red Brick Dream - as previously suggested, to kick things off would be just fine.

And if some don't 'get it', as mentioned earlier...at least it's ours...
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 23:33:41 »

I splashed my pants with white wee wee when Kasim strolled passed those two defenders and pulled it back for Louis. We really did play some great football yesterday.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 23:59:26 »

Well done for the post explaining the PA - it's good to see people at the club actually take notice of the TEF sometimes (I understand you're a volunteer, but still), and it can only lead to something constructive (well, probably, after us grumpy tossers with nothing better to moan about and a nice safe keyboard to hide behind are done with our griping).

Could one of the mods split the PA stuff into a separate thread? Ta.

I've re-watched Kasim's assist umpteen times today and it just makes him look better and better. I was rather confused by 'Wayne' Foderingham's 'fumble' for their second as well on the official highlights.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: