Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cooper to have talks with the wendies  (Read 78633 times)
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 11:26:54 »

He's done well here, but as others have said, with the players at his disposal, perhaps he could have done more.

What we need is a manager who is tactically shrewd enough to change things during a game, MC always left things too late to change.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 11:29:08 »

...... but we'll be champions by Christmas. FACT!
How very Oxford United Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 11:34:16 »

I agree with Reg  Eek
Me too pretty much.

1 year rolling contract isn't it - so he's always got a year left

This is the first time I can recall that an stfc manager that has had (a bit) of success has been approached and fans are not bothered about him leaving, it is usually a case of not wanting him to leave
Apparently he is not on a rolling contract but signed a 3 year contract when he became manager according to Mr Power a little while ago.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 11:37:05 by Peter Venkman » Logged

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 11:58:11 »

He's done well here, but as others have said, with the players at his disposal, perhaps he could have done more.
Although none of them were saying that this time last summer were they? I seem to recall a lot of "Oh woe is me, we're doomed to relegation with this squad/manager", rather than swathes of "Well, that's promotion nailed on then". Yet when we fall short of the promotion no-one thought we were capable of, suddenly Cooper's a shit manager? I'd love to do some of your appraisals in your own jobs.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 12:23:10 »

Although none of them were saying that this time last summer were they? I seem to recall a lot of "Oh woe is me, we're doomed to relegation with this squad/manager", rather than swathes of "Well, that's promotion nailed on then". Yet when we fall short of the promotion no-one thought we were capable of, suddenly Cooper's a shit manager? I'd love to do some of your appraisals in your own jobs.

Ive always been open minded about cooper, ive enjoyed the ride last season, ut I dont mind admitting that at times I was frustrated by what was Tactical naivity. If I was doing his 'appraisal' to use your example, It would be good job done, lets aim for higher next season, I have no problems if Cooper was manager for next season.

The point is, we do not know what exactly goes on behind the scenes, perhaps MC doesnt have a say in how the team is set up, perhaps he does, whoever does need to answer to how we lined up at Wembley, because a lot of what went wrong there was obvious from the sheff utd game.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 12:32:47 »

This is the first time I can recall that an stfc manager that has had (a bit) of success has been approached and fans are not bothered about him leaving, it is usually a case of not wanting him to leave
I think this is in part to do with the questions about how much last season's success/failure was down to one or more of the Power/Cooper/Williams/players combo.

Whatever the balance of influence, they combined to produce a pretty successful season (resulting in sought-after players and manager).  

That combination is going to be pretty different next season.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 13:14:43 »

Apparently he is not on a rolling contract but signed a 3 year contract when he became manager according to Mr Power a little while ago.

Power confirmed on the radio that he was on a rolling 12 month contracts a few months ago, so it seems that Power is having an argument with himself Cheesy  I back Power to win that argument.

I have heard Hockadays name mentioned on an other forum as the man who is being lined up to replace Cooper.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #277 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 14:15:35 »

Power confirmed on the radio that he was on a rolling 12 month contracts a few months ago, so it seems that Power is having an argument with himself Cheesy  I back Power to win that argument.

I have heard Hockadays name mentioned on an other forum as the man who is being lined up to replace Cooper.
Well he has been described as a man who can have an argument with himself Cheesy

Thats one major problem with this board...communication. Many many contradicting stories seem to come from the club, stories do seem to change week to week.

Hockaday does not exactly inspire me with confidence as a manager though, great bloke, I am a fan of his and he does love Swindon but I don't think he is right for the job at the moment, IMO.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 14:20:19 by Peter Venkman » Logged

BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 14:39:50 »

Ultimately, we won't know just how good a manager Cooper is/ how important he was to our success last year until he moves on and proves himself (or fails) in another job, without the generally credited Williams/ Power team behind him.

It seems pretty clear though that he's not totally committed to being Swindon manager at the moment (and perhaps he has good reasons for that, given the rumours of interference from above, exemplified by the Agombar fiasco).

For that reason, I'm starting to sway towards the 'better he moves on now' camp, so both him and us can go into next season with a clean break and a fresh start.
Panda Paws

« Reply #279 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 16:28:55 »

Hockaday is used to working in a, shall we say, unusual environment so could/should be willing to work as the smallest cog in a managerial machine despite being 'head' coach, fronting up etc.

Got to be better than travelling to Cov every day anyway!
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 16:38:25 »

Vital saying they 'understand' that Cooper has left.

Not sure what leads them to 'understand' this, nor get this 'understanding' ahead of the 423 professional journos who cover Town these days, but there we go

As for Hockaday, connection to the club, cheapish you'd presume, local and, as Panda Paws points out, not used to anything like total control while nominally 'Head Coach'. Could see it happening IF Williams doesn't want to make the step up.
kerry red

« Reply #281 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 16:39:21 »

Looks like he's gone

https://mobile.twitter.com/VitalSwindon
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 16:42:44 »

According to Vital.

Which is one up from 'I heard it down the pub'.

Actually, it's probably not even one up.
Panda Paws

« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 16:44:48 »

Vital Swindon is not and has never been a source for anything, ever - Although no doubt he is going
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 16:46:37 »

Sam's waiting for Power to say he can say, so to speak.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: