Pages: 1 ... 1587 1588 1589 [1590] 1591 1592 1593 ... 2657   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5153606 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23835 on: Thursday, July 14, 2016, 00:30:40 »

That's really bad. At least there's a reason behind it I suppose, rather than some designer just trying to be "quirky" or whatever word people usually use to justify something being utterly shit and repellant.

I couldn't be bothered reading but yes, a reason behind the vulgar colours is at least a
Tiny bit acceptable!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #23836 on: Thursday, July 14, 2016, 10:47:44 »

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/14619017.VIDEO__CCTV_captures_moment_car_smashes_into_Swindon_sign_post/

No arrests made?

You can clearly see the driver was speeding.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #23837 on: Thursday, July 14, 2016, 12:48:19 »

You don't need to arrest someone to interview/charge them

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #23838 on: Thursday, July 14, 2016, 15:09:16 »

Not sure how this was without consent?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-36781296
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #23839 on: Thursday, July 14, 2016, 15:37:40 »

Does anyone remember an advert where someone said 'nobody cares what you think, you've got a beard'?

Driving me mental today.

Random, I know.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23840 on: Thursday, July 14, 2016, 16:03:33 »

nope. but since you brought it up it reminded me. anyone remember the lyrics to the learn to swim advert. something like

"breast stroke, back stroke, butterfly and crawl.... doggy paddle you can do them all. Learn to swim"

it's been bugging me for years.

efit. oh it's on YouTube finally. belly flop, bloody belly flop..no wonder

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #23841 on: Thursday, July 14, 2016, 16:59:08 »

So the guy has not been convicted of any crime, in whose interest is it to release his name etc into the public domain?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-36794430
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #23842 on: Friday, July 15, 2016, 07:29:27 »

So the guy has not been convicted of any crime, in whose interest is it to release his name etc into the public domain?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-36794430
Its that debate about what's in the public interest against what interests the public.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #23843 on: Friday, July 15, 2016, 22:14:28 »

What is pokemon? I remember hearing some advert in the 90's with the line "gotta get em all" but I was in my twenties so really took no notice. Is it a Japanese version of the teletubbies?

I tried explaining it to my Dad (old man) and he said "so it's basically like treasure hunting with technology?" Which I thought was a good description. Pokemon are just characters in a game. You could say they're like teletubbies, but then there are characters in adult stuff too. It's just a game, I dunno why people are so annoyed by it. Although it has been a bit ubiquitous I suppose. (And I know this is the thread for it, I'm not having a go at anybody.)

There's a Chrome extension for blocking it too

Cheesy

Also, just for FH

http://toucharcade.com/2016/07/12/westboro-baptist-church-is-using-pokemon-go-to-spread-its-political-beliefs/
« Last Edit: Friday, July 15, 2016, 22:29:08 by Ells » Logged

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #23844 on: Saturday, July 16, 2016, 06:14:49 »

People who are rude to nurses in hospital.. Does my head in, been in the last few days and each time I change wards there is one dick head who thinks its ok to constantly make shitty remarks and shout and swear at them. Most of the time the other people in the ward tell the person to shut up but it's just does my head in

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Flashheart

« Reply #23845 on: Sunday, July 17, 2016, 09:17:28 »

I tried explaining it to my Dad (old man) and he said "so it's basically like treasure hunting with technology?" Which I thought was a good description. Pokemon are just characters in a game. You could say they're like teletubbies, but then there are characters in adult stuff too. It's just a game, I dunno why people are so annoyed by it. Although it has been a bit ubiquitous I suppose. (And I know this is the thread for it, I'm not having a go at anybody.)

There's a Chrome extension for blocking it too

Cheesy

Also, just for FH

http://toucharcade.com/2016/07/12/westboro-baptist-church-is-using-pokemon-go-to-spread-its-political-beliefs/

No surprise there. the WBC are used to endorsing mythical characters  Wink
Barry Scott

« Reply #23846 on: Sunday, July 17, 2016, 17:22:28 »

People who are rude to nurses in hospital.. Does my head in, been in the last few days and each time I change wards there is one dick head who thinks its ok to constantly make shitty remarks and shout and swear at them. Most of the time the other people in the ward tell the person to shut up but it's just does my head in

I spent a few weeks in hospital a couple of years back and witnessed an angry alcoholic punch a nurse. The same nurse was also struck with a walking stick by an angry old twat. Amusingly the NHS's zero tolerance approach means absolutely fuck all, I don't even know why such tripe exists, as even when the police were involved, they still receive treatment (and surely you can't exactly refuse to give treatment anyway).
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #23847 on: Monday, July 18, 2016, 20:07:30 »

I've been spat on, had faeces/urine thrown at me, insults abound, physical assaults..

People who do these things are suffering, that's the only way I can look at it. Withdrawing from alcohol is pretty unpleasant to say the least, and substances/fear/mental illness/a combination can make people violent. It's not as if they're appraising situation normally and choosing to attack you because it makes sense. They're going through something that causes them to act like that.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #23848 on: Monday, July 18, 2016, 20:34:20 »

The staff i've had dealings with at GWH over the years have been nothing but professional.
From the times i've done dumb stuff and ended up in A&E, to the multiple visits relating to pregnancy/birth of our son and subsequent visits.
My dad fell at home yesterday and fractured his hip, the ambulance arrived in 5 minutes, the two guys were extremely professional and managed to get him up from an awkward position without too much discomfort and he's been looked after impeccably since being there.
People are quick enough to complain about NHS staff and sometimes that's fair enough and justified, but they don't get the credit they deserve often enough. I can't imagine doing a job like that.
They have my utmost respect and thanks.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 18, 2016, 20:37:03 by Ginginho » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #23849 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 08:35:29 »

I've been spat on, had faeces/urine thrown at me, insults abound, physical assaults..
That's just a standard Saturday night out in Swansea though isn't it?
Pages: 1 ... 1587 1588 1589 [1590] 1591 1592 1593 ... 2657   Go Up
Print
Jump to: