Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coventry City FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 51386 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 15:05:04 »

I was up in that area as well, one lad looked in right pain after the bundle celebrations for the equaliser.

Think the coppers were a bit concerned about the two really young kids who got knocked around a bit in the celebrations.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 15:12:49 »

That was me, got bundled over (twice) and second time I got pushed over smacked my jaw right on the coppers knee and onto the concrete step! The first time was my mate who had his ankle twisted around a seat and his body was the other way, was in pain and limping but a few beers on the way home sorted it out!

#VivaKenBarlow!
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 16:28:54 »

Still buzzing at 4pm on a Sunday...can't remember that ever happening after a Town game before (recently anyway)!

Mom for me was Macca, closely followed by Miller who swept up alot of the mess, but everyone put in a hell of a shift.
Pitch was awful and our centre mids had to take a touch before playing it, which slightly hampered the pace we could have injected through the middle. One touch passing was a definite no on that surface. Doncaster's pitch also looks just as awful.

All 3 subs were perfectly timed and I liked the strength of A Rooney and the directness of both De Vita and L Rooney, taking on the full backs. Something that was lacking with Ferry and Roberts.

Wes' save...speechless. How does he do it?? Agility, reflexes and spacial awareness is incredible.

Don't know if anybody spotted it but the reaction from the bench when we scored the winner was incredible. Just a pile of bodies emerging from their seats with fists pumping was a great sight and must have been such a relief given the time KMac and the rest of the backroom staff had to prepare.

Looking forward to Walsall. As many have touched on, KMac now has a full week to work with the squad which is probably a god send after being thrust into such a game for his first game in charge.

Brilliant day and one I won't forget in a hurry
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 16:35:28 »

Disappointed that i'm probably not going to get a chance to see Wes' save.  As already mentioned it wasn't included within the FL Show brief highlights.  When do the highlights go up on Sky?
Flashheart

« Reply #409 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 16:37:21 »

The highlights are up on STFC player now Jo.

Ir was one hell of a save
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 16:38:33 »

Can't add much to the other reports, great to have been a part of though - days like that are why we go to football week after week, and was a perfect response to the last month or so of off field turmoil.

Agree that Macca had a great game in the middle, also think Collins was worthy of praise, never really got a sniff of a goalscoring chance but worked his socks off and was great with his back to goal particularly in the first half.

With some depth added to the squad no reason this team shouldn't be good enough to finish top 2, the way the players celebrated and what you could see it meant to them was almost as good to see as the performance.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 16:39:53 »

Wes will be pleased to know that his save is (quite rightly) featured on the Player highlights which are now up Yes

Edit: As has previously been mentioned it would appear Roll Eyes
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 16:53:41 »

A bit off topic here, but Swindon to Coventry is a rare example of a journey where cross-country really is the best route.  All of the blue line drivers (ie prepared to make big detours just to stick to motorways/dual carriageways, or because the satnav is telling them to go that way) are really missing out.  Across the Cotswolds via Stow or Burford really is the way to go for a trip in that direction.

That's my route to Swindon...and will be next week, too.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
jonah

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 16:56:49 »

Found some Youtube footage of the winning goal from crowd perspective...

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 17:13:29 »

Love it  Cool
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 18:01:42 »

Love it  Cool

Second that.

Did you meet your old Mates ? (Jerry, Mr Coy and Dav) by any chance.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 18:26:52 »

Second that.

Did you meet your old Mates ? (Jerry, Mr Coy and Dav) by any chance.
Saw Simon and a couple of the 'old guard' (not Jerry and Dav unfortunately) at the afore mentioned Greyhound. Brilliant day Yes
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #417 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 19:01:15 »

Found some Youtube footage of the winning goal from crowd perspective...

"This video is private" Hmmm...
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 20:17:00 »

Said that link was private

This isn't though

Freddies Ferret

« Reply #419 on: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 20:26:48 »

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,23763_8538125,00.html
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: