Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Fleetwood Match Day Thread  (Read 67240 times)
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 18:13:25 »

They're starting to get into the age where they have their own pocket money & getting their first jobs though, not to mention most kids in secondary school already have their interests. So the possibility of them coming back may be lower. At least with Primary School kids, they just get excited by anything regardless of them enjoying football or not.

I could be wrong, but feels like a better investment may be the younger kids. Get them hooked.

A funny thing happened to me after the game, someone said "Hi JayBox325" from behind me in the post-match-crowds. Turns out he is a spectator of the forum yet to sign up because we usually cover all the opinions. He must have recognised me with the flag.

Did he say I was good ?
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 18:18:04 »

Bouncy castle, for me.

Jacuzzi's and cocktails
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 18:35:01 »

FitC already run after school sessions in 30 schools in the area
http://stfitc.co.uk/?page_id=250

My point was that although the school is based in Oxfordshire, they are closer to swindon. We are missing a trick.

OUFC have posters all over these schools.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 18:56:03 »

My point was that although the school is based in Oxfordshire, they are closer to swindon. We are missing a trick.

OUFC have posters all over these schools.
FitC cover after school sessions, Development Centre sessions in Swindon and elsewhere across the county most nights of the week, the Girls' Centre for Excellence, Advanced Development Centres for kids they're hoping might feed into the Academy and a whole load of community initiatives as well, like the Disabled football centres, Twilight football and so on. There's only so many of them and only so many hours in the day.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 09:15:14 »

It may well be something the club does already, but a very common scheme you see in america is discounted tickets for the armed forces and their immediate family.

Why? Life choice not conscription.

Brave people and all that but free or discounted tickets...not to my mind.

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 09:28:37 »

I agree...maybe one game a season around November 11th but all year? not for me.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 09:33:40 »

You think it's better to leave the Stratton Bank empty?
Flashheart

« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 10:02:11 »

You think it's better to leave the Stratton Bank empty?

Yes, because that's exactly what The Flash was saying.  Roll Eyes

It's all very well using promotions to try to create new fans and what not but a line has to be drawn. It needs to be run as a business, not a charity. An otherwise empty bank could be used for the club's long term benefit, not for the benefit of adults that are able to pay the full amount.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 10:42:51 »

Nearly posted something like this yesterday but didn't because I thought it would just be aggravation!

Where does it stop. Nurses? Software engineers?

Anyway the point was to encourage the youngsters in the hope they'd come back. Not sure this is true of one of for adults, not sure the uptake would be big even if it was .
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 10:51:24 »

Where does it stop. Nurses? Software engineers?

My local non league side, Dulwich Hamlet, includes NHS workers in it's concessions.

While this is personally handy, as it means I only have to pay £4 for my nurse missus, I've often wondered whether Consultants on six figure sums shouldn't have to pay a tenner like me.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 10:56:56 »

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 11:14:18 »

Fair enough. I'm not necessarily for or against it, I'm just more throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Perhaps it's something to explore as a one off for the home game closest to remembrance Sunday next season or something like that, but probably not a permanent all year round thing.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 11:17:27 »

Yes, because that's exactly what The Flash was saying.  Roll Eyes

It's all very well using promotions to try to create new fans and what not but a line has to be drawn. It needs to be run as a business, not a charity. An otherwise empty bank could be used for the club's long term benefit, not for the benefit of adults that are able to pay the full amount.

They might be able to pay the full amount, but people who don't go aren't paying anything.

If the stand is empty and can be opened at a low cost to provide tickets for free to people that wouldn't otherwise go, I can only see a benefit. They will spend money on match day (programmes, alcohol, food, merchandise) and there is a chance they'll come back again.

Don't see why it is any less valid a way to increase attendances and revenue than giving kids free tickets.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 11:34:38 »

We've already done at least one discounted Armed Forces Day within the last five years. Agree it wouldn't be a bad thing as an annual event each November. (And they'd be unlikely to complain much if there was a little rain on the SB that afternoon.)

In fact, I'd rather all the nation's retailers offered the armed forces a discounted day or week of the year than to leech onto another American festival for the sake of shifting more cack.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
kerry red

« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 11:35:59 »

The other option, of course, is to open the Bank to all for a tenner.

I honestly wouldn't think too many regulars would change their usual place in the ground just to get a cheaper ticket.

Or £10 for an adult with a free accompanying child.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: