Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Fleetwood Match Day Thread  (Read 67230 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, November 30, 2014, 16:20:24 »

Thanks for the photos chaps. A good showing of red from the new boys.

What do the Trust do next? Select another 30 schools from round the county I hope.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, November 30, 2014, 17:02:54 »

Secondary schools as well if possible from around the county, lots of potential there as well
kerry red

« Reply #137 on: Sunday, November 30, 2014, 17:15:00 »

As I said in another thread - ethnic communities.

Other good news from yesterday is the accumulated bookings now being written off
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Sunday, November 30, 2014, 20:11:14 »

As I said in another thread - ethnic communities.

Other good news from yesterday is the accumulated bookings now being written off

I don't agree. Stick with youth which covers all ethnicities.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Sunday, November 30, 2014, 22:31:13 »

V good point re attracting the ethnic communities in Swindon. The schools initiative is probably the best way into that though?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 00:21:16 »

I think the schools/youth idea is the best way forwards, long as it involves parents too, as it will inevitably bring in those communities on the back of it.

Youth has worked well for the first team, why shouldn't it for the supporters too?
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 10:09:16 »

Not an inspiring game but, when you consider the tactics we played against, solid, relentless build up was the only likely way to take it. That is what we showed.

I am as guilty as many when it comes to getting irate about the lethargic passing about behind the half way line sometimes but when I think about it away from the game, that is often the tactic we need to use (and will continue to require) to overcome opposition whose game plan seems to revolve around stifling our sweet passing game which we excel at against open attacking opposition.

Mass and Yass weren't at the top of their game but that is not really surprising after their spell away.

I didn't think Nathan T was at the top of his game either but, having learned about him playing through the injury, I'm of the opinion that he is now Captain Courageous. GWS Nathan.

Byrne was given a hard time, getting double teamed every time the ball came anywhere near him. he kept trying though and I think we would profit from a bit of interplay, with Byrne coming infield and swapping with a central midfielder occasionally (which seemed to work a treat when he and Gladwin swapped against Shitty).

The Gruffalo is developing into a dangerous winger and anyone in a Swindon shirt who can make a short corner routine result in a goal is OK in my books.

Apparently Gladwin can't head a ball? A bit of practice and he'd be dangerous.

COYR!
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #142 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 10:25:11 »

Nathan B made the Lge 1 Team of the Week here:

http://the72.co.uk/20665/league-one-team-of-the-week-week-sixteen/

Just goes to show that hard (but unspectacular) work gets noticed.   
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 10:32:45 »

Secondary schools as well if possible from around the county, lots of potential there as well

They're starting to get into the age where they have their own pocket money & getting their first jobs though, not to mention most kids in secondary school already have their interests. So the possibility of them coming back may be lower. At least with Primary School kids, they just get excited by anything regardless of them enjoying football or not.

I could be wrong, but feels like a better investment may be the younger kids. Get them hooked.

A funny thing happened to me after the game, someone said "Hi JayBox325" from behind me in the post-match-crowds. Turns out he is a spectator of the forum yet to sign up because we usually cover all the opinions. He must have recognised me with the flag.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 10:36:04 »

The club, in my opinion, also need to run more football workshops in primary schools which also include schools outside swindon.

Oxford run a 'football club' in Watchfield Primary School, which infact is closer to swindon!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 10:38:26 »

A funny thing happened to me after the game, someone said "Hi JayBox325" from behind me in the post-match-crowds. Turns out he is a spectator of the forum yet to sign up because we usually cover all the opinions. He must have recognised me with the flag.

And this is why I don't put my picture up. Anonymity is always good.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 10:53:37 »

The club, in my opinion, also need to run more football workshops in primary schools which also include schools outside swindon.

Oxford run a 'football club' in Watchfield Primary School, which infact is closer to swindon!

This definitely highlights that in the longer term the trust need to broaden their horizons a little. Would I be right to assume that it was only Swindon schools targeted for this first go as a Trust family day? Medium term would be good to go after the whole of Wiltshire but we need to be targeting 'ourside' of Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Gloucestershire, etc. too.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 11:03:00 »

This definitely highlights that in the longer term the trust need to broaden their horizons a little. Would I be right to assume that it was only Swindon schools targeted for this first go as a Trust family day? Medium term would be good to go after the whole of Wiltshire but we need to be targeting 'ourside' of Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Gloucestershire, etc. too.

I believe it was 30 schools within Swindon on this occasion. Yes, even though distance will put some off, we should be extending this initiative to schools within say 25 miles of Swindon. A small number of proactive fans have shown how much difference they can make. The Trust need to move quickly to keep momentum on the back of this success. Are there enough people willing to help the Trust spread the word further afield?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 11:05:45 »

I'm more than happy to distribute leaflets/posters etc for primary and secondary schools.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Flashheart

« Reply #149 on: Monday, December 1, 2014, 11:10:49 »

We should target schools in Oxford  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: