Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England v Spain  (Read 2678 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 11:46:17 »

.....I know that most on here, have little interest in the national team these days, but I'm looking forward to this one.

Something quite new.....possibly the weakest English team in recent history, against certainly the current finest side in international football.

OK only a friendly, but could the underdog tag push our boys to cause an upset?  I was surprised that Del Bosque didn't use this game to bring in some new younger players, who are going well at the moment, like Alcantara, Adrian, Ander Herrera or Canales, although the latter may be injured.  The reason being, a lot of the old guard are either out of form or have been carrying injuries this season.  Carles Puyol has barely played 90 mins more than a couple of times this season, Gerard Pique, looks like he's got permanent groin strain from shagging Shekira.  Andres Iniesta, has had a stop start season, much of it on the bench.....Xavi is still wonderful, but rarely plays 90 mins.

David Villa can't buy a goal right now, and Torres would probably not make the England squad.

If it was a competitive fixture, I'd say we have no chance....but despite my admiratioin for Spanish football, I'd love to see our boys bang Drake's Drum and stuff it up the Iberian arse....
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 11:54:37 »

Torres would probably not make the England squad.

Blimey.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 12:02:31 »

Blimey.
seconded. we've got Bobby Z

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 19:08:03 »

Something quite new.....possibly the weakest English team in recent history, against certainly the current finest side in international football. And we only went and won!

OK only a friendly, but could the underdog tag push our boys to cause an upset?  yes!

If it was a competitive fixture, I'd say we have no chance....but despite my admiratioin for Spanish football, I'd love to see our boys bang Drake's Drum and stuff it up the Iberian arse.... Done and done!

Good result.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 19:12:29 »

Meaningless friendly
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 19:24:47 »

Meaningless friendly

Agreed. Some positives but still won't count for anything when we get to a tournament.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 19:29:33 »

Meaningless friendly

All friendlies are meaningless really, still nice to beat the Euro champs and World champs though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 19:36:58 »

All friendlies are meaningless really, still nice to beat the Euro champs and World champs though.

Trouble is JJ they are not up to the job when it matters. Got no time for em myself, that EPPP thing was the final nail in the coffin
adje

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 19:46:18 »

Half of those players wont start in the next competitive game.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 19:51:27 »

Boring game. England very defensive. Spain not really trying.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 19:55:22 »

Boring game. England very defensive. Spain not really trying.

So should they have been...i mean Spain is a big country and should have been trying?
They represent a lot of people.

Not really trying?......sorry but they got beat and they were trying.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 19:57:23 »

Good result.

Indeed, only a friendly, but I'd still rather win than lose....didn't see the game, so can't comment too much, but I don't think Spain will defend the Euros.

It's good that a lot have given up on the national side, because it means less day trippers in the pubs for matches.
Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 19:59:59 »

I can understand people not wanting to get carried away and rightly so but that was a strong Spain squad and they played well, their football wasn't at it's best because we wouldn't let them play it. It wasn't pretty but it was a very effective and clever performance by England and they got the result because of it.

I'm not going to go as far as saying we will perform well in a major tournament but isolate that as a game of football and it was a great win!

Don't forget it was off the back of a decent run of results in the qualifiers too.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 20:04:17 »

I can understand people not wanting to get carried away and rightly so but that was a strong Spain squad and they played well, their football wasn't at it's best because we wouldn't let them play it. It wasn't pretty but it was a very effective and clever performance by England and they got the result because of it.

I'm not going to go as far as saying we will perform well in a major tournament but isolate that as a game of football and it was a great win!

Don't forget it was off the back of a decent run of results in the qualifiers too.
All of this.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 21:03:14 »

So England played Spain today did they?

I take it we won?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: