Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Capital One Cup - 4th Round Draw  (Read 45658 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 10:03:13 »

We're talking about 2 different sets of people here.  Football fans would rather see the north east derby or our match.  Football on television fans would rather see the brands of man u and chelsea regardless of its content.

Don't let it upset you.

Absolutely spot on.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
stfcinbmth

« Reply #316 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 10:41:33 »

We're talking about 2 different sets of people here.  Football fans would rather see the north east derby or our match.  Football on television fans would rather see the brands of man u and chelsea regardless of its content.

Don't let it upset you.

The only way it would upset me would be if I subscribed to Sky. However luckily I dont need too
kerry red

« Reply #317 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 11:31:09 »

It's down to advertising.

Swindon v Villa will draw a smaller viewing audience than either of the other 2 games

Advertisers would say if they show Swindon to a smaller audience they will pay less for any advertising during the programme - if they advertise at all

Sky don't give a fuck who they show - people have already paid their subs. They just dont want less advertising revenue
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 11:59:30 »

It's down to advertising.

Swindon v Villa will draw a smaller viewing audience than either of the other 2 games

Advertisers would say if they show Swindon to a smaller audience they will pay less for any advertising during the programme - if they advertise at all

Sky don't give a fuck who they show - people have already paid their subs. They just dont want less advertising revenue

That isn't at all how advertising works.
kerry red

« Reply #319 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 12:12:24 »

That's exactly how it works.

If, as an advertiser, your ad is broadcast at 2am with a hugely reduced audience, the cost will be substantially less than if it is broadcast during the break in Corrie

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 12:34:57 »

We have done pretty darn well getting TV exposure lately. A game vs villa aint as appetising  to neutrals as many of you kid yourselves.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 12:59:34 »

We have done pretty darn well getting TV exposure lately. A game vs villa aint as appetising  to neutrals as many of you kid yourselves.

Agreed. Two clubs of similar stature aren't going to appeal to the neutral.
fatbasher

« Reply #322 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 13:10:16 »

I won't watch either Coc games on TV. I'll be at SN1 for a start but I could record it, cobblers won't waste the hard drive space on Sky plus.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 13:22:11 »

That's exactly how it works.

If, as an advertiser, your ad is broadcast at 2am with a hugely reduced audience, the cost will be substantially less than if it is broadcast during the break in Corrie

Sky's decision won't be based on Advertising revenues (or the fear of losing ad revenues) - They sell space to ad agencies long in advance of the scheuldes being announced. Agencies wouldn't pull a booked ad just because Sky chose to screen Swindon v Villa instead of Reading v Arsenal.

More than likely Capital One want as much sponsorship exposure as possible with the big clubs.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 22:06:19 »

How cute.

Fancy going to see Villa knock the scum out. Few #oufc will be interested, too.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 22:25:01 »

How cute.

Spud

« Reply #326 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 23:18:50 »

How cute.

Shouldn't they be more worried about their own freefall? Wankers!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Saturday, September 29, 2012, 00:26:56 »

I've found the complete opposite to be true. Most neutrals I've spoken to have said they'd rather see Town Vs Villa on TV and can't understand why Sky chose the games they did.

If they're that desperate to see it they could always go I suppose
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Saturday, September 29, 2012, 06:35:00 »

How cute.

When is the badge available on ebay?
stfcinbmth

« Reply #329 on: Saturday, September 29, 2012, 20:05:17 »

Any thoughts on the criteria for tickets? The fixture list has not been too kind to me with home games around pay day, so I still have some holiday left and can book two days off. Glory hunter
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: