Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Capital One Cup - 4th Round Draw  (Read 45655 times)
Coca Fola

« Reply #300 on: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 21:26:50 »

At the risk of being accused of trying to get a rise out of people again, are some of us really suggesting Swindon would be a bigger draw to Joe Public than Utd Chelsea on the box? Really?
Chelsea United is already on telly just 3 days before..
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 21:35:43 »

Suicide
Chelsea United is already on telly just 3 days before..
yeah but that's their first teams game! Not saying it should be us but Sky need to mix it up a bit. How often are the top games great games to watch? They often turn out to be an anti-climax.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 21:37:15 by Notts red » Logged
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 21:41:18 »

At the risk of being accused of trying to get a rise out of people again, are some of us really suggesting Swindon would be a bigger draw to Joe Public than Utd Chelsea on the box? Really?

Really, It seems so.

Subscribers + advertising = Premier League teams

It'll be worse next season when the BT Vision deal kicks in.  Wouldnt be surprised if PL Reserve league games started being screened by some one
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 21:56:29 »

As an aside, there were a surprising number of Reading supporters who were sending/tweeting 'Bring on Swindon' type comments after their late win last night.  Nice to know that they still care!  That's one derby game that would be well worth having back.

You may well get your wish next season I suspect!
Spud

« Reply #304 on: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 23:13:44 »

Of course it isn't. But when they already show both games between them during the season anyway, it's just a bit shit.

Obviously we all know that those games will draw in a bigger viewing figure.

I wonder if ITV might show it?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 01:55:11 »

League Cup is a Sky exclusive now, BBC used to have some live rights (semi and final).
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 08:21:13 »

Slightly off topic but does the BT deal at the start of next season signal the end of ESPN's coverage of the PL?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 08:23:11 »

Slightly off topic but does the BT deal at the start of next season signal the end of ESPN's coverage of the PL?

Yup, 2013-14 ESPN has no PL rights.

But I am still intrigued as to how BT will make it work financially.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 08:26:17 »

BT will have a channel on the Sky platform I presume?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 08:28:52 »

Only if they strike a deal with Sky, Virgin, etc for them to carry it on their platforms.

Pretty likely they will though in the same way ESPN do, you will have to pay extra for it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 08:58:26 »

BT will have a channel on the Sky platform I presume?

TBC.

I can't see how BT will make it work as a a standalone sports channel, even with it being on Sky. I reckon some kind of bundle is on the cards - be it more BT channels, incentives when BT broadband is purchased or something,
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 09:14:22 »

I can't see how BT will make it work as a a standalone sports channel, even with it being on Sky. I reckon some kind of bundle is on the cards - be it more BT channels, incentives when BT broadband is purchased or something,

They'll bundle it as an IPTV channel on YouView, which is the way Sky will go with their sports channels as well. Pretty happy that in a few years time you'll be able to pick and choose what channels you want to receive rather than have to take a full subscription from one provider.

BT are spending an absolute fortune on their sports channel though. They've bought up the rights to Ligue 1, Serie A, MLS and the brazilian league from ESPN too as well as the rugby premiership.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 09:18:42 »

Pretty happy that in a few years time you'll be able to pick and choose what channels you want to receive rather than have to take a full subscription from one provider.

Sounds good in theory..but somehow its going to cost more for the same isn't it!
stfcinbmth

« Reply #313 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 09:35:25 »

Of course it isn't. But when they already show both games between them during the season anyway, it's just a bit shit.

Obviously we all know that those games will draw in a bigger viewing figure.

It's not about the football the romance or the upsets. Its all about the PL, Sky and money. Greed
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Friday, September 28, 2012, 09:50:13 »

We're talking about 2 different sets of people here.  Football fans would rather see the north east derby or our match.  Football on television fans would rather see the brands of man u and chelsea regardless of its content.

Don't let it upset you.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: