Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Capital One Cup - 4th Round Draw  (Read 45684 times)
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 16:24:50 »

I think we have to give them some cover under roof although I could be wrong!

We didn't for Brighton in the 1st round. Bearing in mind it's not on tv there is every chance we'd sell 12,000 tickets so I'm hopefull that Villa will be allocated Stratton Bank only.
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 16:39:37 »

Don't mention that XXXX on here! Luton........Simod Cup..........Dave Bamber................whistle.............Aaaaaaarrrgghh!!!!!

I remember that clear as day...after that I thought I'd never see us play at Wembley...been there 4 times since, of course.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 17:23:40 »

Why the need to decide on the 1200 in the Arkells straight away? Give Villa just the bank for now and leave the 1200 in the Arkells free. Sell how well sales go in other parts of the ground go before deciding. If sales are poor, give the seats to Villa 9 days or so before the game.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 17:30:10 »

They reached Europe every season O'Neil was there...

Real Europe..

We played in the Anglo Italian cup a few times.

Clems Army!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 19:52:32 »

As an aside, there were a surprising number of Reading supporters who were sending/tweeting 'Bring on Swindon' type comments after their late win last night.  Nice to know that they still care!  That's one derby game that would be well worth having back.

While I don't recall a single shout for that tie from our side. Always in our shadow... Wink

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 20:11:32 »

As an aside, there were a surprising number of Reading supporters who were sending/tweeting 'Bring on Swindon' type comments after their late win last night.  Nice to know that they still care!  That's one derby game that would be well worth having back.

Sorry Ardlies, probably means more to the east of the county but its a distant 4th in the derby stakes for me.

Now Bristol City on the other hand...
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 20:18:47 »

Hate to admit it but the longer we don't play City, and the more (reasonable) City fans I come into contact with, the less I feel they're much of a rival, having said that if we get back on par with them I'm sure all the old rivalry will coming steaming back.
Coca Fola

« Reply #292 on: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 20:22:59 »

Sorry Ardlies, probably means more to the east of the county but its a distant 4th in the derby stakes for me.

Now Bristol City on the other hand...
Being a Gloucestershire boy I agree with you.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 20:45:58 »

Being a Gloucestershire boy I agree with you.

You not from Glosovo then?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Coca Fola

« Reply #294 on: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 20:48:52 »

Glosnia would have sufficed.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 20:53:43 »

Glosnia would have sufficed.
Doh Missed the open goal.

DMR

« Reply #296 on: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 21:15:22 »

At the risk of being accused of trying to get a rise out of people again, are some of us really suggesting Swindon would be a bigger draw to Joe Public than Utd Chelsea on the box? Really?
Flashheart

« Reply #297 on: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 21:18:54 »

At the risk of being accused of trying to get a rise out of people again, are some of us really suggesting Swindon would be a bigger draw to Joe Public than Utd Chelsea on the box? Really?

No

There are two matches to be shown, one of them being Reading v Arsenal (reserves). This has been made quite clear several times in the thread.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 21:20:38 »

Possibly not Swindon, but a large proportion of Joe Public seem to be slightly obsessed with Di Canio, so he would probably be the draw.
DMR

« Reply #299 on: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 21:21:44 »

The same point applies.

We are having a great time of it but shock horror we aren't quite Arsenal or Utd yet Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: