Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Dagenham & Redbridge Official Matchday Thread  (Read 34381 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #300 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 00:01:20 »

The people who say the crowd was shit...where do you sit? Do you bother to try and start songs or join in?

Town end was good I thought, better than many Tuesday night games. Not saying amazing by any stretch though.
Spud

« Reply #301 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 00:07:01 »

How did Oxford get on tonight? Last time I looked they were flying at 2-0.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 00:08:11 »

How did Oxford get on tonight? Last time I looked they were flying at 2-0.

Judging by the link someone posted all was well till agent Kerrouche did his job..

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 00:13:01 »

Fucking hell. Can't think of one player (other than devera) who played particularly well tonight, and we still won 4-0.

Can't wait to get out of this shitter of a division and have some entertaining games again

Things get better but they never get good
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 00:13:23 »

Thought the Town End was decent tonight, although hardly befitting of a team that is walking this league, as mentioned earlier, try and get a friend down for the Cheltenham game, did we not manage around 11'000 for Mansfield at home a few years back?

Foderingham had nothing to do, McCormacks verstility could prove to be vital for the run in, Devera edged it for me as MOM today, Rooney was fantastic at times, he does need to pass the ball a bit more at times, but what a prospect.

6 points clear, +35 goal difference, Wembley 2 and a bit weeks away, being a fan of STFC aint been this much fun in years  Clap
Spud

« Reply #305 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 00:17:31 »

Judging by the link someone posted all was well till agent Kerrouche did his job..

What did he do?
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 00:19:00 »

either gave the ball away resulting in Shrews equaliser of gave away a free kick resulting in shrews equaliser.

Either way, whatever he did seemed to result in shrew equaliser...

RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 00:52:19 »

Agree with most comments on the game.  First twenty minutes were the worst football I've seen - then we suddenly lit up for a few minutes and Bodin scored.  Really missed Caddis, even though Alan Mac did very well in defence - just doesn't have the electric link-up with Ritchie and Ferry.  Cibocchi very mixed - looked poor at times and then did a few things well as well.  Risser played extraordinarily well despite the crunching tackle - a less tough player would have given in.  de Vita....just doesn't have the zing which Rooney brings.  He sometimes succeeded, but it always looked almost accidental.  ferry played some commanding passes and benson was his usual self, at work the whole game. The problem for me with Connell, certainly tonight, is that he gets knocked off the ball too easily by close marking defenders.  Where Benson stands his ground, Connell loses it more often than not.

Overall poor 1st half, better 2nd, especially once rooney came on.... and, like everyone else, just hope Caddis is not too seriously hurt.  As it stands, he is my player of the season so far..

I thought the Town End were in good voice - kept up Red & White Army for a record length of time early on, and yes a group  up behind me in the Arkells got one song going towards the end....
Spud

« Reply #308 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 04:47:40 »

either gave the ball away resulting in Shrews equaliser of gave away a free kick resulting in shrews equaliser.

Either way, whatever he did seemed to result in shrew equaliser...

Hero!
stfcinbmth

« Reply #309 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 04:59:37 »

Just got in from work, good read, thanks all

Well, happy with four, table looks half decent
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 07:31:39 »

Did I read somewhere that if we won last night then we would be safe from relegation?

Woo, WE ARE STAYING UP, SAY WE ARE STAYING UP!
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #311 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 08:28:06 »

Pull your fingers out town, at this point in 85/86 we were 4 points better off!

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/LeagueTable.asp?Date=1986-3-23
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 09:19:32 »

The people who say the crowd was shit...where do you sit? Do you bother to try and start songs or join in?

Town end was good I thought, better than many Tuesday night games. Not saying amazing by any stretch though.

Sounded like a couple of new songs were sung last night, I was too high to sing last night.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 09:31:52 »

Given that we were pretty pedestrian for large periods against a team with just about zero footballing ability, I thought the Town End did a fantastic job.

The singing in the Arkells is getting less unusual - there is a very vocal crowd of teenagers just behind me and Notts Red, whose enthusiasm is starting to rub off on people around them - its very refreshing.

Devera MOM last night by a mile.

Ritchie annoyed me a bit last night as he failed to change his style of play to accomodate McCormack - you could see Alan Mac was waiting for Ritchie to progress up the wing on a number of occasions, but Ritchie was static.

Cibocci is a bit of an enigma. On the whole I would rather see Kennedy play.

An almost Danny Wilsonesque subs bench last night - playing a right back with a virus with no defender on the bench.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 11:41:03 »

@Macphlea whoring himself.
and gratuitous whoring it was too - predicted the 4-0 win at the start of the game, got grabbed for the interview & milked my 2 minutes of 'fame' to the nth degree...  now trying to get a regular pre-match/post-match spot Wink
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: