Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who the hell is Jordan Henderson?  (Read 7770 times)
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, November 16, 2010, 10:23:40 »

everyone loves a mass debate.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, November 16, 2010, 10:56:30 »

Lords knows, I've had three today already.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, November 16, 2010, 13:52:22 »

Isn't the main difference with us the focus in youth on competitive football, at any level?  I may be wrong, but I thought that some of the other countries success comes as a result of their youth being developed technically, with little interest in competitive stuff until they reach 1st team ability.  Even then, their leagues tend to be less competitive than we demand in the English league.

Our approach is that by making everyone play 11 a side proper matches all the time, that makes them more.....competitive.  What it does, in my opinion, is bread a winning attitude but misses the opportunity to make them good players.  The other nations have a lot of technically good players, then make a squad out of them and bread winning by being good.  It's not hard to learn how to stand in the right position, much harder to make consistent passes with your wekaer foot etc.

Dunno, maybe it's bollocks, but it just seems we demand mini premier league players even at under 11's.  Sure, stick them in lower league 1st team action and they'll be better players for our leagues, ut neither leaviong them in youth football or 1st team football will make much difference if the previous 10 years have not educated them technically.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, November 16, 2010, 14:17:32 »

Four.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: