Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Last Seasons Team  (Read 7288 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 18:41:46 »

Indeed.

Or how his coaching led players go from a season where they were in the form of their life to being the biggest bunch of no-hopers ever.

I for one like to think it was due to the team not being together as a group.
From the rumours that were flying about there were several factions in the dressing room (i.e. the ex-Leeds group etc...). Don't know if it was true but could explain some of the attitudes.

Also, another good reason why anyone who doesn't but into the team ethic needs to be ditched.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 18:52:50 »

I blame rose

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 18:57:00 »

Ferry was shocking last season and was not rated by di canio early this season either. All credit to him for turning it around and playing superbly this season once he got his chance
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 18:58:56 »

I for one like to think it was due to the team not being together as a group.
From the rumours that were flying about there were several factions in the dressing room (i.e. the ex-Leeds group etc...). Don't know if it was true but could explain some of the attitudes.

Also, another good reason why anyone who doesn't but into the team ethic needs to be ditched.

I think it's generally accepted that this was the cause, but the mystery is why an experienced manager like Wilson couldn't seemingly deal with it.

Suppose just lots of things went wrong and it spiralled out of control....for example we'd agreed to buy Joe Mason from Argyle, whose shown at Cadiff he's a useful prospect, to replace Austin, but ended up Benyon.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 19:07:06 »

Definitely Austin and Douglas would enhance our current team.  Lecs would be useful.
Cuthbert & McGovern in their play-off season form would definitely get games.
IMO not much to choose between Morrison & Flint, and Ball would be a better option to partner Benson than any of our current players.

As said by others, not a bad bunch of players, just something rotten that needed drastic surgery.
Flashheart

« Reply #35 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 19:23:00 »

Said it before, I'll say it again.

Wilson can get a good team playing well, but he just can't manage. Hence the reason why he's known as a bottler and a one season wonder. He doesn't know how to fix things when they are going wrong.

He''ll do very well under a good DOF
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 20:38:35 »

Letsbehonest about it-Douglas would be our best CM if still here.

Best DMC
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 21:53:11 »

Douglas, Morrison & Austin would walk into this team. McGovern probably as well, Benson would have a field day with McGovern's crosses.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 22:11:28 »

Morrison? Sean Morrison? Will have to disagree there. Has/had bags of potential but give me Flint, Devera or McCormack any day of the week.

Douglas, Morrison, Austin, McGovern I totally agree with, when motivated anyway.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #39 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 22:25:03 »

JPM for 2.5 years of the 3.5 years here was fucking shite - god was he abysmally shite for a lot of it. He was as big a shitbag as Aljofree was that season. He did have one great season though. Douglas had one good season and one shite season. Morrison promised a lot but delivered less. Austin would be the only one who would walk into this side. JFL would have been interesting.
PdC wouldn't put up with any of them- mentally weak.
I'd tell them all to fuck off though - its all about the team now.
Barry Scott

« Reply #40 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 22:29:47 »

Morrison? Sean Morrison? Will have to disagree there. Has/had bags of potential but give me Flint, Devera or McCormack any day of the week.

I agree, Morrison was commanding, but not as commanding as Flint and by no means better than any of the current 3. All of which I believe are quicker.

Douglas, Morrison, Austin, McGovern I totally agree with, when motivated anyway.

hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 22:30:07 »

As far as I am concerned we are better off without that shower of useless bottlers.

Has any other team lost in the play off final and come bottom the following season?

Milwall and Reading this season among a host of others showed the right response, go one better the following season not just give up like they all did - cunts.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 22:39:20 »

I'd have Morrison over Devera easily. Over Flint or McCormack... Not sure. Sean's a competent CB at League One and will only get better. Devera's solid at League Two but personally I think he'll get found out a lot more in the level above.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 22:42:13 »

I don't care what players we have as long as they give their all - which is what we've got now.
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, April 16, 2012, 23:10:45 »

I know he wasn't in last years side, but I would love to see Simon Cox alongside Benson.  He always gave 100%, covered every blade of grass, and banged them in from all over the place, where Benson could pick up the scraps in the box.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: