Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 69   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what are you doing?  (Read 185578 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #765 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 06:31:48 »

I'm sure you're right but is there any epidemiological reason why going to Scotland should be any safer or more dangerous  than going to France or Ireland?

Scotland isnt a good example as you can self isolate in the car pretty much. The others you have to fly or get a Ferry/Train. That's where the problem is. Social distancing v profitability of running the routes.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #766 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 06:41:18 »

I'm sure you're right but is there any epidemiological reason why going to Scotland should be any safer or more dangerous  than going to France or Ireland?

Not really, but if country A has low rates of new infections and country B has high, then can see country A placing restrictions on who they let in

Think there will also be an element for a time that domestic holidays will feel ‘safer’ in the eyes of insurers and those looking for a more guaranteed trip

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: Friday, May 1, 2020, 21:16:51 »

Just wondered if anyone had heard from normy, or if the man himself is reading this, hope you and the missus are on the mend.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #768 on: Friday, May 1, 2020, 21:59:01 »

Just wondered if anyone had heard from normy, or if the man himself is reading this, hope you and the missus are on the mend.

Last active on monday
normy

Ignore
« Reply #769 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 08:59:55 »

Still alive and kicking,  pauld  and tans. We're still rather weak and lacking in energy and appetite, but I gather that the original advice about going back to work two weeks after first symptoms was false. Mrs normy is taking another two weeks sick leave as she's nowhere near ready to face the GWH wards yet.

ust be the oldest
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #770 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 09:05:16 »

Still alive and kicking,  pauld  and tans. We're still rather weak and lacking in energy and appetite, but I gather that the original advice about going back to work two weeks after first symptoms was false. Mrs normy is taking another two weeks sick leave as she's nowhere near ready to face the GWH wards yet.

Great to hear from you Normy, I was beginning to get a little worried but that’s fantastic that you are both getting back to good health. All the best to you both.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 09:30:01 »

Having a mini Q and A with Richie Wellens on Twitter. What a top bloke!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 10:31:17 »

Glad to hear you're OK although sounds like progress to recovery is slower than you'd hope. Hope it picks up and you both start to feel much better soon. Best wishes.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #773 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 14:08:00 »

Thanks for updating us.  I know it must feel like painfully slow progress but just really pleased you're both over the worst.  Take it easy.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #774 on: Saturday, May 2, 2020, 14:15:25 »

Still too many people out and about for my liking. I was out with the dog for her walk, but too many groups and families wondering around. People gathering in front of their houses, yes 2m apart.

You also see groups of people walking along, and it is blatantly obvious they don't live under the same roof.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #775 on: Sunday, May 3, 2020, 01:53:29 »

It took me 4 weeks to get back to normal so be patient.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #776 on: Sunday, May 3, 2020, 06:40:33 »

It took me 4 weeks to get back to normal so be patient.

Thanks for that.  I'm quite patient. It's just over three weeks now.  The Guardian states that it's at least six weeks to full recovery, and possible long term physical and mental damage.

ust be the oldest
Valid Pint

« Reply #777 on: Monday, May 4, 2020, 20:11:34 »

So, what am I doing?
Very much enjoying my adopted team Slutsk sitting pretty, two points clear at the top of the Belarus Premier League. Some cracking games, and great atmospheres.

Is Belarus like Toys R Us but selling bells? (credit to Milton Jones).
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #778 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 10:12:48 »

Just fired up the briar! Got bottles of some Mexican beer - Camaro which isn’t bad.

Moroccan chicken, glazed aubergines wedges are the headliners!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #779 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 11:08:15 »

Just fired up the briar! Got bottles of some Mexican beer - Camaro which isn’t bad.

Moroccan chicken, glazed aubergines wedges are the headliners!

Enjoy!

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 69   Go Up
Print
Jump to: