Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 69   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what are you doing?  (Read 185591 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #750 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 10:13:19 »

I think a lot of travel companies in Thailand will collapse at least. It'll be months, nay, years before tourism levels return to what they where.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 10:16:37 »

I am still waiting for contact from Jet 2 re holiday I was supposed to be on last week to Canaries - it was cancelled of course, and they said they would be in touch but nothing for three weeks now.

Though I did get a reminder to pay the balance of my holiday with them to Greece in July - that's not gonna happen, even though they are taking bookings from 17th June!!!!!

No one kills a thread like me....
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 10:20:30 »

Greece is hoping to welcome tourists in July - subject to a health passport. I think they will also universally ban all people from certain countries.

We’ve had zero cases here, so people are understandably wary of bringing the plague down upon them.

Here’s how they are approaching it

* A8A654F7-8F4F-4FEF-95D1-83C2DF3B4BD4.png (100.58 KB, 1447x1921 - viewed 208 times.)
« Last Edit: Monday, April 27, 2020, 10:22:48 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #753 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 10:43:41 »

I read something the other day saying there's now 8 strains, witheach one populating a different part of the world.

Seems entirely plausible. It's been clear for a while that it's acting differently in different locations, climate and/or different strains look like possible causes. It's one of the reasons why all the national comparisons have been driving me up the wall. That and that we don't yet know how it will play out in the longer term in countries that seemingly have it under control.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #754 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 13:38:25 »

Greece is hoping to welcome tourists in July - subject to a health passport. I think they will also universally ban all people from certain countries.

We’ve had zero cases here, so people are understandably wary of bringing the plague down upon them.

Here’s how they are approaching it

Interesting that bars and restaurants customers should wear face masks! I get it that its a plan but most of the big travellers into Greece in my experience are the British and the dutch so probable auto bans there. Coupled with that if you do distancing correctly 300 usual on a plane would be 50, so the airlines will either be mega expensive or unviable, to cap that who will have money anyway? Most normal people wont. Hard to see a way round it until a vaccine.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 14:09:38 »

If the suggestion that we will shortly have a 14 day quarantine for people travelling from abroad is correct (only 2 months after it might have been useful, ho hum), that's going to make mass tourism from the UK nigh on impossible, surely. Go away for two weeks, then spend another two weeks in quarantine when you get back.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 17:53:05 »

working from home now, no different, assuming they allow self quarantine.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 17:56:42 »

working from home now, no different, assuming they allow self quarantine.
But no exercise, no shopping (except deliveries) etc etc. Full quarantine is quite a lot more stringent than the partial lockdown we have now
Flashheart

« Reply #758 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 18:00:29 »

How can they enforce it, though? Are they going to be asking everybody for zer paperz?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 18:04:14 »

But no exercise, no shopping (except deliveries) etc etc. Full quarantine is quite a lot more stringent than the partial lockdown we have now
for 14 days, it's finite, far different in my eyes.

(NHS already told me I wasn't allowed out for 3 months)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #760 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 18:05:03 »

Quote from: Flashheart
How can they enforce it, though? Are they going to be asking everybody for ver paperz?

good question.

they aren't in reality are they.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #761 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 18:20:55 »

How can they enforce it, though? Are they going to be asking everybody for zer paperz?
Dunno (shrugs). ASBO-style ankle bracelets maybe? And tbf I'm asssuming that if they do do it, it's actually an effective quarantine as opposed to just a tickbox exercise to make it sound like they're doing something when they're not really. Which is probably a completely invalid assumption
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 19:51:16 »

She has reluctantly allowed me to do the cooking and washing up etc,  and look after her garden plants.

She lies on the bed for an hour to help with breathing, because the lungs are mainly round the back.

Hi Normy.  If you see this, just wanted to see how you and your wife are.  Hope you've both been feeling better
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 20:47:31 »

Overseas travel will resume eventually, and to the same extent it was before. Not for a long time, but it will happen

I'm sure you're right but is there any epidemiological reason why going to Scotland should be any safer or more dangerous  than going to France or Ireland?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 23:32:13 »

Probably none at all!  But I can see a lot of countries getting pickier now about who they let in.  Makes it look like you're being tough.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 69   Go Up
Print
Jump to: