Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 69   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what are you doing?  (Read 185606 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #735 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 06:24:47 »

Have I got this right?

The government intend to quarantine people entering the UK. If so, does that mean anyone heading off for 2 weeks in the sun will have to spend another 14 days holed up when they return?

No. As they should not be going abroad in the first place. Well that’s how I read it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #736 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 06:29:52 »

So people are banned from going abroad from the UK?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #737 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 06:38:31 »

I don’t think it’s banned per se, but the fco say you shouldn’t which means you won’t be insured and the government won’t help you if you do go abroad (correct me if That’s wrong)

Practically you’d struggle to get abroad as I doubt any commercial flights or boats are taking bookings now aside from repatriations. I guess theoretically if you owned your own plane or ship you could try and make it overseas - if you did, then yes you would need to quarantine for 2 weeks upon returning

I don’t expect the measures will be in place once commercial travel resumes

Things get better but they never get good
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 07:09:18 »

Not sure commercial travel will resume really. Not as we know it anyway. I'd very much doubt anyone will fancy a cruise in the next few years for example.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #739 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 07:26:02 »

Not good news for us or our major sponsors.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #740 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 08:11:50 »

There's also going to be the problem that we're one of the worst affected countries globally.  Other countries are going to be rather wary about opening their doors to UK travellers, I'd imagine.  When restrictions do start to be relaxed, I can see a lot of Welsh & Scottish holidays happening this year.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #741 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 08:32:00 »

Overseas travel will resume eventually, and to the same extent it was before. Not for a long time, but it will happen

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 08:52:16 »

I think we can cross off this summer's foreign holidays, next year's... who knows but maybe also dead in the water.

sounds a bit dramatic but as Dave says, I can't see how they can allow normal service on foreign travel to return until a proven vaccine is available. i.e. a long time

even then I wonder it'll be like the flu vaccine, only effective some of the time depending on mutations. But I've no idea what I'm talking about....
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 09:02:28 »

Isn’t there a school of thought that eventually covid will mutate to a much less deadly version in the same way that most viruses do (because the deadly strains kill their hosts and limit their spread)

No idea of timescales on that, but based on the fact new symptoms seem to be springing up every few weeks I think it’s a fairly decent bet it’s mutated quite a lot already

Flashheart

« Reply #744 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 09:17:58 »

I read something the other day saying there's now 8 strains, witheach one populating a different part of the world.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #745 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 09:19:13 »

Isn’t there a school of thought that eventually covid will mutate to a much less deadly version in the same way that most viruses do (because the deadly strains kill their hosts and limit their spread)
There is also a school of thought that suggests the mutations could actually be more harmful than Covid19 and more deadly, the thing is we just truly don't have a clue at the moment, its all just guesswork.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #746 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 09:35:12 »

Back to basics?

Survival of the fittest - let it do its worst.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #747 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 10:01:26 »

I think we can cross off this summer's foreign holidays, next year's... who knows but maybe also dead in the water.

sounds a bit dramatic but as Dave says, I can't see how they can allow normal service on foreign travel to return until a proven vaccine is available. i.e. a long time

even then I wonder it'll be like the flu vaccine, only effective some of the time depending on mutations. But I've no idea what I'm talking about....

Every travel company would collapse and almost every economy would crumble if this was the case. It won't happen
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #748 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 10:07:26 »

Every travel company would collapse and almost every economy would crumble if this was the case. It won't happen

But it might, we don't know. I get the feeling there is something big they know about it, and not coming out with it for the fear of creating panic and unrest.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 10:12:34 »

Morrissey knew

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 69   Go Up
Print
Jump to: