Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 69   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what are you doing?  (Read 185604 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 14:07:11 »

Was your holiday all-inclusive? How about the different cultures within the UK?

I am just fascinated with many people's sense of entitlement to travel outside of the UK on holiday.

Possibly watching videos of other locations & cultures is the way to go in the future.

Not sure its a sense of entitlement.

I go abroad cos I fancy 10/11 days of guaranteed sunshine.
Plus would cost me more to holiday here for no guarantee.

Thats not to say I don't holiday here, usually have a mini break in Devon every year. Albeit not an expensive one.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 15:20:49 »

I’m 99% certain that under EU law travel companies HAVE to give you a refund for a cancelled flight, although they won’t always immediately offer one for fairly obvious reason. If you’re offered a voucher, and don’t choose to chase for a refund, most insurers won’t then let you claim for a refund

Link below is Irish, but refers to EU law so applicable here also

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/passengers-have-the-right-to-refund-when-flight-is-cancelled-says-regulator-1.4236464%3fmode=amp
Read an article on this yesterday and apparently they have to give you a cash refund if you request it,  not sure how you would go about it but it was also said that many will make it as difficult as possible as they wish to keep your cash,  but legally they have to give you a cash refund if asked for.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 15:31:08 »

Was your holiday all-inclusive? How about the different cultures within the UK?

I am just fascinated with many people's sense of entitlement to travel outside of the UK on holiday.

Possibly watching videos of other locations & cultures is the way to go in the future.

Why, because I can.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 15:32:29 »

I moaned on here a couple of weeks ago regarding EasyJet stopping refunds and offering vouchers instead.

I had originally asked for a refund but only had the option of the voucher. Duly received the vouchers in less than a day.

Daft fuckers are still processing a full refund as well!

Feeling a tad guilty and may ditch the vouchers.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 16:02:25 »

Quote from: Abrahammer
You do if you want to guarantee a good week of weather. There are absolutely no certainties of that over here even in July/August

yup, if only we could transplant Tenerife's weather to Cornwall
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 16:03:12 »

they may void them anyway Audrey.. if wait until you have your money though
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #726 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 16:11:06 »

How about everyone not going to Turkey so that these cute creatures can continue to investigate their habitat?
Holiday in the UK, that would reduce your carbon footprint, & help towards re-establishing the UK economy.
We don't need to to outside the UK for good weather in the summer.

The Dawlish rail line is under serious threat of being lost forever, despite attempts to shore up the sea wall. Dawlish seafront is currently a construction site full of machinery. Plans are underway for an alternative rail route out of Devon & Cornwall through Okehampton.
Let's hope that investment happens. Lived down S.Devon 79-88 and that re-route was discussed endlessly. Beyond Exeter needs an impetus and that was before Covid19.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum

Ignore
« Reply #727 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 16:57:45 »

I love Dawlish. I'm there every year numerous times, all seasons.
Locals are in arguement with each other over the current works to raise the wall. Basically people are moaning they won't have the current view from their ground floor windows. I'm personally in favour of it and hope it keeps the railway there for some years to come. They had to do something as the storms there are incredible at times.
Seen the inland line discussions but think the idea was deemed too costly and unrealistic.

Just had a lovely delivery from Gaetanos. Recommended and very reasonable prices
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 17:00:48 by Arriba » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #728 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 17:00:40 »

I love Dawlish. I'm there every year numerous times, all seasons.
Locals are in arguement with each other over the current works to raise the wall. Basically people are moaning they won't have the current view from their ground floor windows. I'm personally in favour of it and hope it keeps the railway there for some years to come. They had to do something as the storms there are incredible at times.
Seen the inland line discussions but think the idea was deemed too costly and unrealistic.
I hope they don't move the railway line inland its a fantasic view down between Exter and Teignmouth.

It does get battered badly in the rough weather though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #729 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 17:03:04 »

I hope they don't move the railway line inland its a fantasic view down between Exter and Teignmouth.

It does get battered badly in the rough weather though.

I've been down there when storms have hit. Quite a scene and witnessing the power of the sea is incredible.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #730 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 17:14:21 »

I've been down there when storms have hit. Quite a scene and witnessing the power of the sea is incredible.
I was there in 89 for the bad September storms, it was incredible but actually pretty scarey too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 17:25:27 »

If anyone is interested Dawlish beach cams on YouTube-Facebook have a few live cameras running 24/7. The back beach Teignmouth cam is great at sunset. Such a great view to watch the sun setting over Dartmoor in the distance.

« Last Edit: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 17:30:16 by Arriba » Logged
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 18:04:15 »

If anyone is interested Dawlish beach cams on YouTube-Facebook have a few live cameras running 24/7. The back beach Teignmouth cam is great at sunset. Such a great view to watch the sun setting over Dartmoor in the distance.

Yes, I'm interested, thanks, Arriba. Great watching sunsets on the North Cornish coast too, looking out to sea, e.g Bude.

No place like home <sigh>  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 18:14:44 by Banker » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #733 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 18:28:41 »

We do live in a beautiful country
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: Monday, April 27, 2020, 03:43:04 »

Have I got this right?

The government intend to quarantine people entering the UK. If so, does that mean anyone heading off for 2 weeks in the sun will have to spend another 14 days holed up when they return?
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 69   Go Up
Print
Jump to: