Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 69   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what are you doing?  (Read 185582 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #705 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 10:54:32 »

Should have been in Turkey now but clearly in lockdown. Some of our friends have been sending videos including dolphins swimming freely in the sea close to land and large wild boar and their babies happily wandering around the town. Highly unlikely things that will never be seen again once this is over.

We should have been spending our last day in Turkey today and flying home this evening...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #706 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 11:19:01 »

We should have been spending our last day in Turkey today and flying home this evening...

Did you get a refund or can you reschedule? Which part of Turkey?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #707 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 11:37:44 »

7 days of lockdown left! Week tomorrow all travel (internal) restrictions are lifted. Small shops and businesses can open. Following week schools start reopening. June 15 bars and restaurants open (outdoors only) and with social distancing remaining. July flights start up and, hopefully, some sort of tourist season can happen - visitors will need a health passport.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #708 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 11:47:06 »

Did you get a refund or can you reschedule? Which part of Turkey?

Lara Beach.

Jet2holidays have offered us the ability to reschedule or a credit note (which to me seems pretty much the same thing?!)
I imagine if we wanted our money back we’d have to claim via our travel insurance.

We will probably reschedule. It wasn’t a lot of money and it would just be sat in our account waiting to go towards the next holiday anyway. However, depending on policy (I haven’t looked yet) it will cost us more as DV Jr will be 2 by then and need his own seat on the plane...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #709 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 11:48:47 »

7 days of lockdown left! Week tomorrow all travel (internal) restrictions are lifted. Small shops and businesses can open. Following week schools start reopening. June 15 bars and restaurants open (outdoors only) and with social distancing remaining. July flights start up and, hopefully, some sort of tourist season can happen - visitors will need a health passport.

Jet2holidays in their email have said they plan to start flying again from the 17th of June.
Who decided / how that was decided I don’t know, whether it’s a pure punt from them or whether there is some better educated information behind it
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #710 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 11:54:44 »

Richie Wellens just did a competition on twitter in deciding his top 5 goals of the season. Winner won a signed shirt and £100 cash.

What a bloke!

That was me.  Embarrassed I asked him to donate the money to the NHS as I didn't want too be greedy. A signed shirt presented to my  six year old means more to me (This season squad has got him into football and gave him more confidence than ever, hours of youtube videos everyday Huh?).  He will go mental when he finds out that he can meet Jerry Yates.  Smiley

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #711 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 12:12:19 »

Jet2holidays in their email have said they plan to start flying again from the 17th of June.
Who decided / how that was decided I don’t know, whether it’s a pure punt from them or whether there is some better educated information behind it

That’s interesting. We’re hoping to be out there the end of June, start of July for the wife’s birthday. Fingers crossed that timeline is accurate.

Never been to Antalya myself but supposed to be fabulous.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #712 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 12:19:54 »

I’m 99% certain that under EU law travel companies HAVE to give you a refund for a cancelled flight, although they won’t always immediately offer one for fairly obvious reason. If you’re offered a voucher, and don’t choose to chase for a refund, most insurers won’t then let you claim for a refund

Link below is Irish, but refers to EU law so applicable here also

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/passengers-have-the-right-to-refund-when-flight-is-cancelled-says-regulator-1.4236464%3fmode=amp

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #713 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 12:21:54 »

That’s interesting. We’re hoping to be out there the end of June, start of July for the wife’s birthday. Fingers crossed that timeline is accurate.

Never been to Antalya myself but supposed to be fabulous.

I would genuinely curious to know how they’ve come to that conclusion & whether other travel companies are giving out the same information. You’d hope it was based on something.

Of course, it also doesn’t say where they will be flying to. I can’t imagine all boarders will suddenly open again in the same date. There will be places ahead & behind us on the curve.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #714 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 12:24:00 »

I would genuinely curious to know how they’ve come to that conclusion & whether other travel companies are giving out the same information. You’d hope it was based on something.

Of course, it also doesn’t say where they will be flying to. I can’t imagine all boarders will suddenly open again in the same date. There will be places ahead & behind us on the curve.

Without wanting to sound too negative I’m sure these guys and the country itself really have to get business in for economic reasons. Like you, I’m hopeful there is method behind the dates they are looking to get up and running.

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #715 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 13:08:00 »

Had a holiday booked for end of June, Mrs being vulnerable doesn't want to travel so soon so moved mine to same date next year ( TUI )
Cost me more obv but as hasn't been cancelled yet wasn't gonna chance having to go or lose it.

If flights do start again in June I wonder how they will work around social distancing.
Valid Pint

« Reply #716 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 13:18:49 »

Should have been in Turkey now but clearly in lockdown. Some of our friends have been sending videos including dolphins swimming freely in the sea close to land and large wild boar and their babies happily wandering around the town. Highly unlikely things that will never be seen again once this is over.
How about everyone not going to Turkey so that these cute creatures can continue to investigate their habitat?
Holiday in the UK, that would reduce your carbon footprint, & help towards re-establishing the UK economy.
We don't need to to outside the UK for good weather in the summer.

The Dawlish rail line is under serious threat of being lost forever, despite attempts to shore up the sea wall. Dawlish seafront is currently a construction site full of machinery. Plans are underway for an alternative rail route out of Devon & Cornwall through Okehampton.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #717 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 13:26:05 »

How about everyone not going to Turkey so that these cute creatures can continue to investigate their habitat?
Holiday in the UK, that would reduce your carbon footprint, & help towards re-establishing the UK economy.

The Dawlish rail line is under serious threat of being lost forever, despite attempts to shore up the sea wall. Dawlish seafront is currently a construction site full of machinery. Plans are underway for an alternative rail route out of Devon & Cornwall through Okehampton.

Because I enjoy the different cultures you get outside of the UK. And who made you the holiday police anyway?

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #718 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 13:32:20 »

You do if you want to guarantee a good week of weather. There are absolutely no certainties of that over here even in July/August
Valid Pint

« Reply #719 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 13:36:46 »

Was your holiday all-inclusive? How about the different cultures within the UK?

I am just fascinated with many people's sense of entitlement to travel outside of the UK on holiday.

Possibly watching videos of other locations & cultures is the way to go in the future.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 69   Go Up
Print
Jump to: