Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 69   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, what are you doing?  (Read 185602 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 09:33:23 »

I do find my daily walk really does refresh the mind. Pop on a humerous podcast or music and walk for an hour and I always come back feeling good and in a positive frame of mind. I do think being active is key, I know its really tough at the moment with lockdown but getting out at least once a day surely must be good for ones well being?

Agreed podcasts are brilliant. And exercise helps.

Unfortunately I had a breakdown in Asda a few weeks ago as they didn't have fresh veg. I got frozen which is just as good. But at the time, I felt like a failure to my wife and kids. I knew they wouldn't care, but it felt like I was useless despite it not being my fault. I was slowly getting better, but now I feel like I am slowly going backwards.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 10:00:40 »

I hope my well-wishers on here will be interested in a brief account of the progress of this weird virus.

Mrs normy had been nursing coronavirus patients up to Friday 10th April, and had symptoms on the 11th of high pulse rate and a persistent cough. Next day, she felt unwell, coughing,  dozed all day, and didn't want to eat or drink.

My symptoms began that night, when I woke up with a continuous tickly cough, which continued non-stop. Despite that, next day I jogged my usual route round the Town Gardens, but then the cough got worse. I was very tired and weak, and had a poor appetite.

Mrs normy rang GWH about getting tested, and was told we both had to go there next day. My coughing got so bad that I could not sleep at all that night.

Had the swab test next day, Tuesday, but my cough was slightly better and I didn't feel too bad, got a little sleep.

Meanwhile Mrs normy was still feeling very ill and weak and had no appetite. She could not taste anything, and seemed more ill than I'd ever seen her before.We were told about the positive results which she was sure we would get.

Next day, Thursday, I only had a small occasional cough, and a normal appetite, but Mrs normy was still not eating and dozed nearly all day, while I had to do the necessary  housework. I felt good enough to exercise, so walked 30 circuits of the lawn about a half hour. I cooked lunch but Mrs normy left most of it,then went to sleep again all afternoon.

That's up-to-date.  It's an anti-climax for me, for which I'm very grateful, I feel normal again. Mrs normy still feels quite ill. with no energy, it'll take time to recover.

We speculate that Mrs normy received quite a big dose of the virus in the hospital, and she passed a small amount on to me, to create the lesser symptoms. Just as well, as I'm 78 and had been self-isolating for a few weeks.

Best wishes to all in the Townend from both of us.
So pleased to hear you are, by the sounds of it, past the worst of it. Hope you and your missus continue to recover well
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 10:04:08 »

I do not have Corona, and don't know anyone that does, but this lockdown started just as my own personal tragedy unfolded, and I have to say, I'm struggling. Usual methods of distraction, or sources of happiness are off limits, so it's just me and my better half trying and failing to look after one another. I've been eating and drinking my emotions, which has only made me feel worse, so I'm hoping a health kick will help both mentally and physically. I am a terrible runner, but hoping I can nail 10k runs as a staple by the end of summer.
Absolutely it will. Aside from Mo Farah and Usain Bolt we're all terrible runners so don't worry about that, but just getting out and getting some exercise will give you a massive endorphin kick which will help you mentally as much as it does physically. If you're not used to running, please take it steady at first - do Run/Walks to start off with (e.g. 30 seconds running, 1 min walking for 20 mins is a good place to start). The Couch25K app is great for helping you to ramp up. (Apologies if you know that already!)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #603 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 10:13:56 »

I do not have Corona, and don't know anyone that does, but this lockdown started just as my own personal tragedy unfolded, and I have to say, I'm struggling. Usual methods of distraction, or sources of happiness are off limits, so it's just me and my better half trying and failing to look after one another. I've been eating and drinking my emotions, which has only made me feel worse, so I'm hoping a health kick will help both mentally and physically. I am a terrible runner, but hoping I can nail 10k runs as a staple by the end of summer.

No words. Absolutely gutted for you mate.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 10:16:13 »

echo what JJ said.

don't really have any words

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 10:18:35 »

Same here. Sorry to hear you're suffering
normy

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 10:28:05 »

Same here, it's hard to imagine how bad it is for you. I hope you can feel like running as others mentioned, it always makes me feelbetter.

ust be the oldest
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 10:33:00 »

Thanks for posting your update Normy.  Have been hoping for good news about you and your mrs (as I'm sure many other people have been on here) so it was good to know that, although it sounds grim, it seems like you're over the worst.

It's also positive to know that at 78, you sound like you have fought it off pretty well (although also sounds like you must be in decent nick with all that exercise). That gives encouragement to all of us worried about parents and grandparents.

Hope your wife feels much better soon too.  Cheers
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #608 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 10:43:01 »

Great to hear Normy, glad you and the wife are on the mend.

I have a similar(ish) story to you.

I got an increasingly bad cough that would not go away, lost all appetite and had a headache from hell, my temps were running in the late 38s for a day but I felt on top of things, being on the most vulnerable list I have religiously been taking my temps 4 times a day, and still am just in case.

The cough was constant, the headache relentless but the temperature and slowly worsening breathing was the major concern for me as most of my problems are chest related from previous pulmonary embolisms that have left massive scarring on the lungs.

I had this for about a day which was a week ago Saturday the 4th April, this was 12 days after my last going outside of the house so the 14 days from catching until peak seems about right. I took stronger doses of paracetemol to calm my temps just as the wife was on the verge of phoning for an ambulance as it lasted almost a whole day and my breathing was not great, luckily for me!

I spoke to my doctor and asthma nurse and they say that they are 99% certain I have had the disease and that no testing kits are available in South Somerset for the next week or more to check it, and of course when I can get tested it will have disappeared from my system anyway. So I can fully understand the limitations of testing at GWH of just a couple a day.

I still have been left with vertigo, a chesty cough and slight breathing issues but nothing like I was expecting, luckily for me! my taste comes back for a few hours then goes again and thats on and off over the week since the awful day when it seemed to peak in me, my doctors thinks I am one of the lucky ones that has a natural immunity to this or that my immune system was luckily strong enough to cope, after my cancer treatments that does surprise me though!

Anyway just sharing my story, I have told only a few people this (and a couple of TEFers) as I feel it not bad enough to warrant any worrying or concerns really.

Yes I feel fine now, I am nowhere near 100% and constantly tired and cant concentrait on anything but  glad it wasn't any worse really!

There are many thousands that were not as fortunate, including my uncle may he rest in peace.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:05:07 »

Wow Peter, you really went through it!  Thank you for sharing your story, I think it helps to get sympathetic support. I hope you continue to improve, with my very best wishes.

ust be the oldest
Peter Venkman

« Reply #610 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:10:43 »

Wow Peter, you really went through it!  Thank you for sharing your story, I think it helps to get sympathetic support. I hope you continue to improve, with my very best wishes.
Thanks Normy you too, luckily far more people get over this than succumb to it. Lets hope we have broken the back of this and can get back to closer to normal asap.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:12:40 »

Bloody hell JJ, look after yourself, mate. We need you for the online comms when BCD games start up again Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #612 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:22:47 »

Bloody hell JJ, look after yourself, mate. We need you for the online comms when BCD games start up again Smiley
Cheesy I seem to have got away quite lightly and for that I am glad!

I think the first BCD will probably have 10k+ subscribers so won't need my comments!

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:27:28 »

I reckon there must be thousands of people who have had a mild dose of it and never knew.

I’ve sown some seeds for peppers today. I am the angel of death when it comes to horticulture so I’m not expecting much.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:34:15 »

Cheesy I seem to have got away quite lightly and for that I am glad!

I think the first BCD will probably have 10k+ subscribers so won't need my comments!
Of course it will. Game's not the same without them! If only so someone can argue the toss as to whether that's what we're actually watching Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 69   Go Up
Print
Jump to: