Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 [135]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 166155 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2010 on: Today at 09:32:26 »

Yep to both as preference to Gunning, you underestimate how much I hate Gunning, worst manager ever IMO.

We’ve definitely had worse imo.

Hart, Morris, Malpas & Sheridan for starters…
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2011 on: Today at 09:36:03 »

We’ve definitely had worse imo.

Hart, Morris, Malpas & Sheridan for starters…
I fully understand where you are coming from with this but having spent an evening alongside of him I made my mind up there and then and nothing since then has changed my mind.

Maybe if he was allowed to choose formations and tactics himself, as he was in his 1st temporary spell in charge that may be different. He is literally just a puppet.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2012 on: Today at 09:40:51 »

Its pretty clear all of these managers under this regime are being told certain players have to have certain minutes, or not to play certain other players, etc.

It makes it impossible to judge any of them.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2013 on: Today at 09:49:00 »

I fully understand where you are coming from with this but having spent an evening alongside of him I made my mind up there and then and nothing since then has changed my mind.

Maybe if he was allowed to choose formations and tactics himself, as he was in his 1st temporary spell in charge that may be different. He is literally just a puppet.

For me - Gav gets past some of the others purely on the fact he isn’t afraid to shuffle the pack (sometimes to good effect, sometimes to our own detriment)

That is what I fucking hated about Morris (thought he was a good appointment) but we were sick to death of Lindsey ball (…and Gav had showed in a few games we could actually attack) and then Morris went right back to failed Lindsey formation and tactics. As soon as I saw his first line up at Newport I was done with him. Instinct just told me he was going to do fuck all for us - because if he was - he would have never ever gone in with that XI & formation. He would have shown some authority.

Paul Hart, nothing more needs to said about that one…
Peter Venkman

« Reply #2014 on: Today at 09:50:41 »

It makes it impossible to judge any of them.
This is indeed true, players or manager. The problem lies way above all of these.

Gunning must be the most deliberately obtuse, ill educated, buck passing, owner direction-deflecting manager we have ever had though.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #2015 on: Today at 09:53:34 »

For me - Gav gets past some of the others purely on the fact he isn’t afraid to shuffle the pack (sometimes to good effect, sometimes to our own detriment)

That is what I fucking hated about Morris (thought he was a good appointment) but we were sick to death of Lindsey ball (…and Gav had showed in a few games we could actually attack) and then Morris went right back to failed Lindsey formation and tactics. As soon as I saw his first line up at Newport I was done with him. Instinct just told me he was going to do fuck all for us - because if he was - he would have never ever gone in with that XI & formation. He would have shown some authority.

Paul Hart, nothing more needs to said about that one…

I disagree.

Gav has shown what happens when you give that cretin the keys for a prolonged period, no idea and no clue. The odd couple of games got some people excited, but he never had a plan.

Morris had a plan, and it was similar to Lindsey (who this season has proved his plans work right?) and Garner, who got us to playoffs.

I know there were off field issues with Morris commitment, and he was sold lies, but i still think if he had been given a proper transfer window he would have done better for us honestly.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2016 on: Today at 09:56:38 »

Morris had no plan.
He literally just looked at how Lindsey set up the team and copied it.

…he’s gotten by on being JT & Lamps mate and I don’t think he’ll ever go back into Management because he’ll get shown up again.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2017 on: Today at 09:57:30 »

This is indeed true, players or manager. The problem lies way above all of these.

Gunning must be the most deliberately obtuse, ill educated, buck passing, owner direction-deflecting manager we have ever had though.

Yeah this is completely fair. With the snide comments towards fans. Blokes a twat.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #2018 on: Today at 10:19:37 »

Morris had no plan.
He literally just looked at how Lindsey set up the team and copied it.

…he’s gotten by on being JT & Lamps mate and I don’t think he’ll ever go back into Management because he’ll get shown up again.

Everything I've read suggests that at Derby and Chelsea he was the brains of the Lampard operation and he is spoken very highly of.

Yes, he downed tools here when he realised he'd been stitched up, but so did FBT, McEachran and many more this year.

Everyone is on a free pass from me under this shitshow of an ownership.

Getting Morris in, a man with great contacts in English football, and not giving him a window was insanity.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #2019 on: Today at 10:23:56 »

Getting Morris in, a man with great contacts in English football, and not giving him a window was insanity.
And not getting him the assistant you promised to get him when he signed too.

I think it could have worked out under Morris with adequate funding rather than shoestring funding and being allowed to sing players he wanted to play his system.

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #2020 on: Today at 10:24:59 »

And not getting him the assistant you promised to get him when he signed too.

I think it could have worked out under Morris with adequate funding rather than shoestring funding and being allowed to sing players he wanted to play his system.

Christ, I'd forgotten the Brand fiasco. Ridiculous. It is honestly no wonder that he allegedly couldn't be arsed in the end.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2021 on: Today at 10:38:36 »

Christ, I'd forgotten the Brand fiasco. Ridiculous. It is honestly no wonder that he allegedly couldn't be arsed in the end.

We didn't give Gunning an assistant for quite some time either.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #2022 on: Today at 10:56:15 »

Everything I've read suggests that at Derby and Chelsea he was the brains of the Lampard operation and he is spoken very highly of.

Yes, he downed tools here when he realised he'd been stitched up, but so did FBT, McEachran and many more this year.

Everyone is on a free pass from me under this shitshow of an ownership.

Sutton away....only the nippers looked bothered.

Another shitty blot on our copy book.

Clems Army!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2023 on: Today at 12:27:19 »

We didn't give Gunning an assistant for quite some time either.

About which he was publicly happy about, fucking nutcase.  How stupid do you need to be?  I have no time for Gunning, at least Sheridan could point to success in his past, even though his managerial approach seemed to be to get angry that nobody else could do what he could.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 [135]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: