Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leicester Vs Swindon Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 44263 times)
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 18:59:22 »

The people in our row - including kids - couldn't see a thing cost of arseholes standing up in front of us all match. Several people complained to the stewards at half time and they said they couldn't intervene and we could "sit in another seat if we could find one".

All it takes is for them to sit people down from the front backwards - elementary stewarding lesson one!

I understand all off that, and totally agree but what annoyed me on Saturday was the people behind constantly telling us to sit down, despite the fact that if we sat down, we wouldn't see a thing as about 5 rows of people in front of us were all stood up.
Spencer_White

« Reply #421 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 19:42:00 »

The people in our row - including kids - couldn't see a thing cost of arseholes standing up in front of us all match. Several people complained to the stewards at half time and they said they couldn't intervene and we could "sit in another seat if we could find one".

All it takes is for them to sit people down from the front backwards - elementary stewarding lesson one!

the fans wouldnt have created hardly any atmosphere at all if we had all been sat down.

I think the sitters will eventually lose the sit down/stand up argument. Virtually no away fans sit down in the Premier League/Championship anymore, and thats where we are going!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 19:49:21 »

The argument gets boring to me, what the sitters can't seem to understand is that is that people who stand make a concious effort to stay out of the way of boring cunts like them and actually see them as the pains in the arse....against modern football.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 20:00:43 »

I see both points of view.

My personal choice would be stand at away games, usually why I try and head for the back. Which is usually feasible most of the time, probably wasnt at Leicester due to the amount of fans.

I remember a few years back being about 2/3/4 rows from the back at Bournemouth and an old couple in the back row asking us to sit down - bit of a stupid place to sit really isnt it?

Most of the time we have enough room in the away ends for the standers to stand and the sitters to sit, bit of common sense.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 20:27:04 »

At Crewe once there were abotu 200 of us, and loads of seats. We were in the back row, and stood up. Then a bunch of old folks sat next to us and complained to a steward that they couldn't see because of us. Thankfully he took our side!
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 21:24:26 »

I stood up in the back row at Scunny a few seasons ago. The stewards were desperate for me and a few others to sit down despite us causing no obstructions or any hint of a safety problem. They totally ignored the Scunny fans standing in the adjacent seating area. Unsurprisingly it contributed to an increasingly negative atmosphere (also partly due to the Scunny 'keeper) and eventually a bit of fisticuffs with some Town lads behind the goal.

Simple answer is to bring back terracing (introduce safe standing) and give the choice back to the fans.

ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 21:27:12 »

the fans wouldnt have created hardly any atmosphere at all if we had all been sat down.
Dunno where you get that from - behind the goal, everyone was sitting down and making plenty of noise. The people who were standing down the side weren't any louder than anyone else, in fact the ones in front of me were a pretty quiet middle-aged bunch as far as I could tell.

Standing behind the goal, and at the back, is brilliant. Yay to terraces and all that, and as you say, you get it everywhere - but what pissed most people off around us was that the sightlines were so bad they couldn't see anything whether they were standing or not.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 21:58:31 »

The argument gets boring to me, what the sitters can't seem to understand is that is that people who stand make a concious effort to stay out of the way of boring cunts like them and actually see them as the pains in the arse....against modern football.
Well I'm a 'boring cunt' because if I've got a seat I want to sit in it (If I'm on a terrace I'm happy to stand.) I don't know where you get "people who stand make a concious effort to stay out of the way" from...in my experience the attitude of most people who stand is, "I'm going to stand up, fuck everyone else". How is standing up right in front of someone making an effort to stay out of the way? You say the sitters are 'boring cunts' but I would say that the standers are 'selfish cunts'. Two ways of looking at the same thing.

And you're talking bollocks Spencer because as ReadingRed said, plenty of people were actually sat down and the atmosphere was brilliant.

What I don't get is, this is never an issue at home games  Hmmm

The answer is of course, as has been said, to have separate sitting and standing areas. Rock science it is not.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 22:03:12 »

Well I'm a 'boring cunt' because if I've got a seat I want to sit in it (If I'm on a terrace I'm happy to stand.) I don't know where you get "people who stand make a concious effort to stay out of the way" from...in my experience the attitude of most people who stand is, "I'm going to stand up, fuck everyone else". How is standing up right in front of someone making an effort to stay out of the way? You say the sitters are 'boring cunts' but I would say that the standers are 'selfish cunts'. Two ways of looking at the same thing.

And you're talking bollocks Spencer because as ReadingRed said, plenty of people were actually sat down and the atmosphere was brilliant.

What I don't get is, this is never an issue at home games  Hmmm

The answer is of course, as has been said, to have separate sitting and standing areas. Rock science it is not.

Course not,the Town End all stand up Cheesy

The reason it dosnt happen at home games is obvious,if i want to sit the whole match without someone stood up in front of me i would sit in the Arkells,i have a choice,you have no choice in the Townend.....and you have no choice at away matches because everyone is sat together rather than in the areas they would prefer ala home matches
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 22:12:53 »

I never take any notice of the Town End but like I say, it's not rocket science. You just need to divide it into standing at the back and sitting further forwards. It can't be that hard.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 22:22:55 »

What the fuck has geology got to do with anything ?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 22:26:26 »

I see both points of view.

My personal choice would be stand at away games, usually why I try and head for the back. Which is usually feasible most of the time, probably wasnt at Leicester due to the amount of fans.

I remember a few years back being about 2/3/4 rows from the back at Bournemouth and an old couple in the back row asking us to sit down - bit of a stupid place to sit really isnt it?

Most of the time we have enough room in the away ends for the standers to stand and the sitters to sit, bit of common sense.

I also see both points of view and conclude that the sitter downers are cunts!

Clems Army!
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 22:45:22 »

What the fuck has geology got to do with anything ?
Geometry would be more appropriate.
Standing behind the goals, the pitch in front of you = Great.
Standing at the sides, having to crane your neck around the bloke in front to see the near touchline = Annoying.

Spencer_White

« Reply #433 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 23:05:07 »

Its the standing fans that get the chants going 90% of the time. Sitting fans dont start songs. If no one starts chants then you get no atmosphere. Just the other week at Northampton, the fans pretty much all sat down and the atmosphere was abysmal.

I hate sitting at football.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Monday, January 30, 2012, 23:14:29 »

Geometry would be more appropriate.
Standing behind the goals, the pitch in front of you = Great.
Standing at the sides, having to crane your neck around the bloke in front to see the near touchline = Annoying

But the Sarfer bloke said it was rock science ?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: