Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leicester Vs Swindon Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 44268 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 21:29:40 »

I thought Murray's movement offered something.

Bugger, we have slipped down 2 places in the league. Torquay are well in the race for the autos now. Though we do have 2 games in hand on them.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #331 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 21:30:38 »

Today was a bloody good day overall.
We more than matched and outplayed a very strong championship team for most of the game. McCormack outshined everyone on the pitch today, nothing is getting past him that is for sure. Risser had another quality performance IMO, he blocked alot of good bals and shots and always seemed to be in the right place when on defending and blocking duties, also laid off some good passes.
Cibo also impressed me today, I do rate him and today confirmed why, very steady defensively and offered some great crosses.
Ritchie, Caddis and Ferry were their normal selves and were superb!
Fans were tremendous today, we, and the players did our team proud! COYR!
lambourn red

« Reply #332 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 21:38:35 »

"Agreed with this, but that Swindon support was deafening in the first half. Loudest I've heard here in years."

from a Leicester forum, great day out shame about the result not the performance though . The buzz is back like the good old days.
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 21:47:36 »

Well done to the 4,000 who went today.  Leeds took just over 3,000 to Leicester earlier this season.

Watching online, you made a right bloody racket.  I'm sure the Middle east was impressed too.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 22:00:18 »

I thought Murray's movement offered something.

Bugger, we have slipped down 2 places in the league. Torquay are well in the race for the autos now. Though we do have 2 games in hand on them.

They have also played 3 more home games than us.
scott

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 22:15:48 »

Very proud to be a town fan today ! wanted to go today but couldn't cos of work,congrats to everyone that did sounded a great atmosphere, made it to the swiss chalet for 2nd half where they had it on live - could only hear our fans so well supported to those that did ! Now lets come down from the fairytale win jpt & league COYR !!  Clap
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 22:25:03 »

Swindon and Leicester forum love in.

I disapprove.

/
W56196272
scott

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 22:33:35 »

Thought there was one difference between the two teams today ..... Beckford , thats it ! If only we had him or someone like him........  Hmmm thought we we're the better team otherwise
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 22:41:38 »

Thought there was one difference between the two teams today ..... Beckford , thats it ! If only we had him or someone like him........  Hmmm thought we we're the better team otherwise

I'd say the gap was bigger - we didn't have great service into the box today, particularly from the left. It was only set pieces where we really troubled them. Having Rooney might have made a difference though.

One or two on their forum have suggested they didn't get out of 2nd gear, which personally I think is a load of crap. We put them under a lot of pressure in the first half, and if they could have upped their game then they would have done. Below par? Perhaps. But certainly not in 2nd gear.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 22:43:13 »

Their defenders were better than our strikers. That for me was more or less the difference between the sides. If I was Paolo I think I would have them in for shooting practice tomorrow morning or whenever the next training session. There must have been 4 or 5 attempts on goal in the second half alone (from different players) which were, frankly, embarassing.

Overall though, pretty satisfactory day out. Particularly enjoyed the performances of Caddis and Cibocci (that was a thundering free kick just before half time)

And a very turn out and good support from our lot. Some extremely complimentary comments on this here forum (look away Yeo..)

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/79467-swindon-post-match-thread/page__st__40

for example: Swindon looked excellent at times and if they had played us a few weeks back it would have been a very different outcome
and
Swindon support was deafening in the first half. Loudest I've heard here in years.
scott

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 22:49:30 »

Put 2nd half shooting down to trying too hard / snatching at shots & maybe things could have been different had konchesky seen red as he should have
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 22:55:35 »

Leicester took it pretty seriously, pretty much the full first team out.  Pity they didnt do what Hull did and make 6 changes.  Never mind, just have to make do with the double!

Never knowingly overstated.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 22:58:08 »

Leicester took it pretty seriously, pretty much the full first team out.  Pity they didnt do what Hull did and make 6 changes.  Never mind, just have to make do with the double!

Well they had lots of injuries/ineligible players.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 22:58:31 »

I watched the game at the Royal Ak in Old Town. Very enjoyable apart from the fucking commentary, whoever it was it was fuckiing shite, if you were listening on the radio you would of thought we never touched the ball.

Ref was piss for key incidents - beckford 'premiership you're having a laff!' Deliberate handball was a yellow and Konchesky tackle was instant red.

Saying that I don't think we would of won even against 9 men as our forwards were off today.

Onwards and hopefully upwards!

Clems Army!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 22:58:48 »

In Paolo's interview on the OS he says the Leicester management were arguing about Danns' yellow card with the 4th official for 25 minutes. I guess it's ok as long as you don't wave your arms about?

(Sorry, not wanting to deflect attention from a generally positive day!)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: