Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is Fitton Incompetent?  (Read 16291 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 21:11:59 »

We could have John Batchelor.
gasha1

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 21:12:34 »

Swindon fan in cynical outburst shocker.

I apologise, I just can't help it.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #17 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 21:13:53 »

Fitton's statement today that his "reputation is on the line" is tacit admittance that he has failed miserably over the last year.

He's sorting this club out from the bottom upwards. Sadly alot of the hard work they do goes unnoticed because we watch the football and don't take notice on other things.

Surely his comments were in RE: to the current managerial search only?
gasha1

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 21:17:41 »

I dunno Rich, every time a board appoints a manager their reputation is on the line, I would think that's stating the obvious.

To me it's clear Fitton as a successful businessman is not used to making bad decisions which Malpas ultimately proved to be. Is he now too obsessed about repeating the error that he's become a ditherer?

We are after all perilously close to the relegation zone.
flammableBen

« Reply #19 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 21:22:40 »

Regarding the Malpas appointment, I've been giving this some thought too (too much fucking thinking for me, somethings wrong).

Have you ever watched any big poker tournaments? Despite the increase in numbers playing, and the growth of the big tourneys, you still see the same top players reaching the last few tables at these competitions. They're obviously very good players. but even these top of the top players don't win every hand. Often, despite doing everything right with what you've been dealt, how you've countered others bets and put in bets yourself, you will still lose the hand. It's part of the game.

Imagine you were a spectator who only saw this one hand. It'd be easy to presume that the player did the wrong thing. Take it a bit further, imagine watching without knowing what variety of poker they were playing or what the bets were. Almost impossible to judge if the player did the right or wrong thing.

I think I've lost control of this analogy a bit, I think the point is pretty clear though.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 21:23:53 »

but we'll hopefully still have 60 odd points to play for when the new man comes in....i'd be happy betting against folk who think we're going down..keep the faith in Mr Fitton that he will come up trumps.....as long as it aint John Ward, Lawrie Sanchez or stan staunton
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #21 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 21:27:51 »

yes we're all grateful to AF for saving the club, etc etc. blah blah blah

However, as i see it, the honeymoon period is now well and truly over.

Since the take over we've had:

1) Malpas - Yes mistake admitted
2) The "delusions of grandeur" outburst - He was right
3) losing out on all our summer signings - That was probably more the managers fault than Fitton's
4) the new manager fiasco. - Wants to make sure he gets it right. although I am convinced if Holloway came in per say we would not be where we are now.

Is this board fit to run a football club...? - Yes they are, tarting up the ground, working on marketing, keeping in touch with fans. season ticket incentives. Would say that is good

« Last Edit: Monday, December 22, 2008, 21:29:27 by STFC_Gazza » Logged
gasha1

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 21:28:54 »

flammable Ben.

Interesting poker analogy. No idea what your point is but interesting nonetheless.

Looking at the on the field decline over the last year and the current board's culpability, and to continue the poker theme, the question is, were the board dealt a bad hand or were they dealt a good hand and just played it badly.

flammableBen

« Reply #23 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 21:33:00 »

flammable Ben.

Interesting poker analogy. No idea what your point is but interesting nonetheless.

Looking at the on the field decline over the last year and the current board's culpability, and to continue the poker theme, the question is, were the board dealt a bad hand or were they dealt a good hand and just played it badly.

I was saying that even if you play a good hand well, you often have no guarantee of winning it.

In fact, often the right move can be to play a hand even if you're well under 50% to win, implied odds and all that.

EDIT:
Although carrying on with all this poker bollocks. The current situation may be more one of moving all in before you get blinded out.
« Last Edit: Monday, December 22, 2008, 21:35:06 by flammableBen » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 21:35:23 »

Fitton has been brilliant for the club...but ive been dissapointed with this appointment,or more the time its taken,the MM appointment was a mistake,the next appointment may be a mistake but the time its taken is wrong,its not good for the fans or indeed players and backroom staff alike.
My feeling is he would have liked Byrne to have got the results,like the Sunderland guy.....but theres something not right someware if you cant get a manager from 50 odd applications.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 21:40:36 »

Yeah Fitton is shite and the rest of them. Let's bring back Diamond Mike......
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #26 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 21:44:41 »

Think this is one oe the morons db was talking about
gasha1

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 21:46:13 »

"Yeah Fitton is shite and the rest of them. Let's bring back Diamond Mike......"

That is precisely the kind of pithy comment we can do without.

Yes the last board were the worst board in the history of the universe; no one would disagree with that.

But all that means is that the current board is somewhere between the best and second-worst board in the universe.

Which should not be a reason to attempt to stifle debate.
gasha1

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 21:47:45 »

"Think this is one oe the morons db was talking about"

Prey which of my points do you consider moronic? I am interested.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, December 22, 2008, 21:51:05 »

Mr Fitton deserves the freedom of swindon for what he's done like saving the club from going bust which enables me to watch my team every week or two weeks,plus cheaper season ticket's,plus he interacts with the fan's and let's them what's going on,people moan when the board says nothing and moan when they do.

If we go down we go down it wont be the first time will it? he's looking at a long term fix not a quick fix that see's us back in the same boat again 6 months time.

Hopefully we'll stay up,give the bloke a chance to get it right he said he will.

Just think what you would be doing saturdays had he not saved us.      
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: