Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: next swindon manager  (Read 33614 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 20:27:41 »

Calderwood for me it wouldt take much to prise him away,or wait as he could be on borrowed time and put bodin in temp charge.

Least they got red and white flowing through their veins.

CC is an interesting one....not popular with Forest fans and they're struggling, not sure what his contract situation is, but sometimes these take a bit of sorting if a manager is sacked. Meaning they can't take another job straight away.

Problem of course is that none of the present Board are STFC fans, and probably don't know of CC's STFC connections.
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 20:28:13 »

Shame on us.

Plymouth Agyle fans fell into the trap thinking that Ian Holloway had become a Pilgrim... and when the big pay cheque came knocking he was gone. He is Gas... Nobody else, other than an admiration for QPR.

However, I must admit that even though I don't like the guy, I can't help but think he'd be next in line at the CG.

With the FourFourTwo stuff and the regular interviews for the local press etc, i reckon the new regime like the limelight a bit. Holloway would bring with him a couple of mentions from SoccerAM each week so we'd be on the tv too...

Has the 'Sturrock's coming back' rumour disappeared now Plymuff are winning again?

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 20:28:46 »

who do you want reggie baby?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #33 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 20:29:17 »

Isn't the investor Arbib an STFC 'fan' though? Maybe he would have a word.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 20:29:38 »

Problem of course is that none of the present Board are STFC fans, and probably don't know of CC's STFC connections.

Not sure that is true with Rogers (obvious why he came back), Trollope, Bodin and Taylor (in a different capacity) returning..
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 20:29:47 »

If it had to be a former player then I'd choose Calderwood over Ling. But others have voiced their desire over the years... Shaun Taylor and Luc Nijholt for example... They might not have the greatest CV in the world (although both have worked non-stop since retiring) but why not?

Taylor a maybe i guess,Nijholt maybe a risk tho having not managed in the uk.Would the fans give Nijholt the time if we kept losing.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 20:30:48 »

Has the 'Sturrock's coming back' rumour disappeared now Plymuff are winning again?

3 games ago they were talking the same as we are now... and that is a fact.
fatbury

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 20:30:57 »

I'll throw one in there ... what about Nigel Clough???

For the record - I think if Malpas does go and I dont think he will - It will be Salisbury manager Nick Holmes that takes over ...
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 20:31:20 »

Billy Davies wants to manage in the Premiership, or at least at a club that can get there.

http://mysportsthoughts.wordpress.com/2008/08/20/billy-davies-im-ready-to-get-back/

My choice would most probably be Cotterill, but would he apply again after failing last time?

And if he did, would the board employ him after turning him down last time?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 20:32:41 »

N'ah, he's got a job for life until Forest take a punt on him !!!!!

For the record - I think if Malpas does go and I dont think he will - It will be Salisbury manager Nick Holmes that takes over ...

I just don't think that would change the mood.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 20:36:48 »

who do you want reggie baby?

Gary Waddock...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 20:37:04 »

Ok, I didnt hear Hackett get any abuse.

Anway I've got the perfect answer. A manager who is unemployed, would be loyal to Swindon, wouldnt be on huge wages and knows everything about football

Me. DV for next Swindon manager.

I'd appoint Sonic Youth as my assistant and get flammableBen and Fred Elliot + 20 pints of cider to do the post match interviews because im dull and boring, but not Scottish.

This may not be a serious post.
Spencer_White

« Reply #42 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 20:37:12 »

With the FourFourTwo stuff and the regular interviews for the local press etc, i reckon the new regime like the limelight a bit. Holloway would bring with him a couple of mentions from SoccerAM each week so we'd be on the tv too...

Great, a clown.

Pull yourself together Swindon for fucks sake. No Holloway ever. No.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 20:38:41 »

you're such a retard it's untrue.

officially blacker than the night.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #44 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 20:39:04 »

Gary Waddock...

and break a 30 year tradition of not taking anyone elses manager!?! How much comp do you think we'd have to pay Aldershot if we did approach him?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: