Pages: 1 ... 507 508 509 [510] 511 512 513 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1209163 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #7635 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 11:24:08 »

Individual choice that could potentially negatively affect (infect) the health of others, without their knowledge. Who is going to be living freely in that scenario ?

Well if you've had the vaccine what's the problem? If you haven't had it then you shouldn't be there either in that case if that's your view point!

It should come down to peoples choices, you can't insist on everyone being vaccinated as for all we know this could end requiring an annual jab due to mutations. With the volume of people to get through and the priority groups being what they are you'd end up with a lot of people spending months of the year where they can't go to a pub, restaurant, stadium because they don't get a jab as the virus is of little risk to them...ironically these would be the people working and paying for everything!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7636 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 11:28:30 »

Well if you've had the vaccine what's the problem? If you haven't had it then you shouldn't be there either in that case if that's your view point!

It should come down to peoples choices, you can't insist on everyone being vaccinated as for all we know this could end requiring an annual jab due to mutations. With the volume of people to get through and the priority groups being what they are you'd end up with a lot of people spending months of the year where they can't go to a pub, restaurant, stadium because they don't get a jab as the virus is of little risk to them...ironically these would be the people working and paying for everything!
Don't want lockdowns, don't want vaccinations but want the economy fully open as soon as possible. Can't have everything.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #7637 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 11:29:44 »

I don't think I have seen any anti-vaxxers on here (not surprised - there are lot of us who are cunts on here including me, but not that cuntish  Cheesy), but for the life of me I really do not understand why anyone would not have the jab.  It leaves me at a total loss.  I understand freedom of choice blah blah, but who would choose not to have a potentially life saving injection that has been massively tested and proven to work? 

I am getting my first one tomorrow, can't wait, and got the good news Mrs Chunkyhair gets her second next week.

I fucking hate Boris and this govt and they have mostly fucked up on COVID, but fuck me they have done a brilliant job with the vaccinations.

No one kills a thread like me....
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #7638 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 11:32:26 »

Don't want lockdowns, don't want vaccinations but want the economy fully open as soon as possible. Can't have everything.
What part of that post said anything about not wanting vaccinations. I stated that it shouldn't be forced and a requirement to get into places, and this is especially applicable if it requires boosters or annual shots. People shouldn't be put into positions where they will effectively be banned from places for a period of time every year due to them not being high enough up the priority list that was my point!
Flashheart

« Reply #7639 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 11:33:35 »

but for the life of me I really do not understand why anyone would not have the jab. 

Ignorance is the same one I reckon.

A common excuse I have seen is that it's been rushed - which is just not true. Too many people are happy to believe that rather than actually look it up.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7640 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 11:36:33 »

What part of that post said anything about not wanting vaccinations. I stated that it shouldn't be forced and a requirement to get into places, and this is especially applicable if it requires boosters or annual shots. People shouldn't be put into positions where they will effectively be banned from places for a period of time every year due to them not being high enough up the priority list that was my point!
It amounts to the same thing. If the way we can open up is largely down to vaccinations, then that requires people to have been vaccinated. If you're going to say "well, you probably should be but don't worry if you're not" then we lose the %age coverage needed and we're back to "letting it rip". Like I say, can't have everything.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #7641 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 11:40:57 »

It amounts to the same thing. If the way we can open up is largely down to vaccinations, then that requires people to have been vaccinated. If you're going to say "well, you probably should be but don't worry if you're not" then we lose the %age coverage needed and we're back to "letting it rip". Like I say, can't have everything.
So you'd have no problem if every year an element of the population are banned from pubs, stadiums etc for a period of time as they are down the pecking order in terms of getting the annual booster as that's the danger?!
Can invest all the money we want in a booster programme but it would still take months to do the whole population every year! At the moment they don't know how often boosters/new jabs will be required so its dangerous to set any precedents!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7642 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 11:41:52 »

Ignorance is the same one I reckon.

A common excuse I have seen is that it's been rushed - which is just not true. Too many people are happy to believe that rather than actually look it up.

I think many are missing many humans sheer bloody mindedness, I have certain acquaintances who will argue a toss about absolutely fucking anything, especially if it is advised/proposed by government. They make much about how stupid flat earthers are, but then bang on about all manner of conspiracy nonsense, vaccines being the most popular at the moment.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7643 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 11:43:48 »

I don't think I have seen any anti-vaxxers on here (not surprised - there are lot of us who are cunts on here including me, but not that cuntish  Cheesy), but for the life of me I really do not understand why anyone would not have the jab.  It leaves me at a total loss.  I understand freedom of choice blah blah, but who would choose not to have a potentially life saving injection that has been massively tested and proven to work? 

I am getting my first one tomorrow, can't wait, and got the good news Mrs Chunkyhair gets her second next week.

I fucking hate Boris and this govt and they have mostly fucked up on COVID, but fuck me they have done a brilliant job with the vaccinations.
Well, when some believe

a. Covid doesn’t even exist
b. 5G masts are responsible for it
c. Bill Gates has put a chip in the vaccine

Then it’s not difficult to think why some nutters people don’t want it.
Flashheart

« Reply #7644 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 11:48:45 »

I think many are missing many humans sheer bloody mindedness,

There is that.

I've been accused of being a know-all in a discussion about the topic. Except, it's not 'my' knowledge I am passing it on. It's just what I have read from the experts (but what would they know anyway?)

I get accused of being a know-all when going with the people who's job it is to actually know this stuff yet they, who are disagreeing with the experts, are somehow not the know-alls.

Bonkers.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #7645 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 11:52:22 »

Well, when some believe

a. Covid doesn’t even exist
b. 5G masts are responsible for it
c. Bill Gates has put a chip in the vaccine

Then it’s not difficult to think why some nutters people don’t want it.

Good point - but as youngsters say "I just don't geddit".  If nothing else I guess COVID has just shown what a fucked up world we live in.  Flatterfer's are one thing and harmless enough, but fucking hell the dangeorus madness we have seen recently beggars belief.

No one kills a thread like me....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7646 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 11:56:50 »

So you'd have no problem if every year an element of the population are banned from pubs, stadiums etc for a period of time as they are down the pecking order in terms of getting the annual booster as that's the danger?!
Can invest all the money we want in a booster programme but it would still take months to do the whole population every year! At the moment they don't know how often boosters/new jabs will be required so its dangerous to set any precedents!
Fair point. If that does indeed turn out to be the case, it would need rethinking as a permanent thing. I was more thinking about how we start to reopen without undoing the good that has come from suppressing spread through lockdown and through the vaccination programme. I'd missed the point you were making about long term, my apologies.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7647 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 11:57:42 »

Good point - but as youngsters say "I just don't geddit".  If nothing else I guess COVID has just shown what a fucked up world we live in.  Flatterfer's are one thing and harmless enough, but fucking hell the dangeorus madness we have seen recently beggars belief.
Maybe instead of a "vaccine passport" to allow people to go to pubs etc some people should have to have a "dickhead passport" to allow them to use the internet?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7648 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 12:07:50 »

Maybe instead of a "vaccine passport" to allow people to go to pubs etc some people should have to have a "dickhead passport" to allow them to use the internet?

We'd miss you.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7649 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 12:10:49 »

We'd miss you.
No you wouldn't. You wouldn't be on the internet either Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 509 [510] 511 512 513 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: