Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 4th Test  (Read 16064 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 09:58:05 »

When blatant no balls are bowled on cue I don't think suspicion is the right word. I know you're innocent until proven guilty but in this case those bowlers are guilty. Not sure how Pakistan can take the field, it'll just be a farce if they do.

Pakistan (well, the two batsmen anyway) are coming out. You've got to think there'll be a bit of tension between the 7 who are supposedly involved and the rest.
Spencer_White

« Reply #61 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 10:35:40 »

send them home. The ones that the Police let leave that is. No point in this ODI series whatsoever.

Weve put them up this summer, hosting their test matches. Not much of a reward for the ECB.

Pretty obvious a lot of shit has been going on for years. Pretty obvious the ICC has been intent on sweeping it under the carpet (as with the ball tampering forfeit). This time they need to be outcast.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 11:04:00 »

I can see Pakistan getting banned from international cricket if i'm being honest. They can't even play home test matches as it is.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 12:34:09 »

I can see Pakistan getting banned from international cricket if i'm being honest. They can't even play home test matches as it is.
That's not the cricket team's fault though and the selfish actions of two individuals (if proved to be true blah blah blah) shouldn't impact on the whole side.

Those found guilty, however, ought to be thrown out of the game for life.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 12:36:25 »

That's not the cricket team's fault though and the selfish actions of two individuals (if proved to be true blah blah blah) shouldn't impact on the whole side.

Problem is that the NOTW story doesn't implicate two individuals, it implicates seven, including the Captain and both opening bowlers. That's a big chunk of the side.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 12:40:10 »

Really? I'd read that only Amir and Asif were implicated... my mistake.

Even so it would punish the young Pakistani players who aren't involved
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 13:03:13 »

There has been speculation about Pakistani cricket for years, in terms of match fixing.

I still say their World Cup game in '99 against Bangladesh was fixed. In fact, before the game I said to one of my work colleagues at the time that we should go down to the bookies and put money on Bangladesh, despite them not winning a game, and Pakistan unbeaten, because it was a 'dead' game as Pakistan was through to the 'Super Eights' and Bangladesh was out. Bangladesh made 100 more runs than any other time in the tournament, and they won by 50 odd runs

Due to that result, Bangladesh won Test status, which they still don't deserve.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 15:19:13 »

Is the fixer one of the dudes that used to run Crawley? The name sounds familiar
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 15:24:45 »

Is the fixer one of the dudes that used to run Crawley? The name sounds familiar

Apparently he owns Croydon, and launders the money through them.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 16:04:18 »

Do they have no shame, utter fucking disgrace. Angry
Spencer_White

« Reply #70 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 16:29:46 »

That fixer rekons 7 of the squad are involved.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 18:14:11 »

I know, but "this game" is going to have a c. 200 run winning margin, plus an innings.

But they didnt know that when bowling no balls did they!
Spencer_White

« Reply #72 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 19:17:21 »

I think one of the no balls was right at the turning point of the game, when Broad and Trott went on to make their record partnership.

All of which is totally irrelevant anyway. Any deliberate manipulation of play for money that is proven should be an immediate life ban.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 19:27:37 »

I'm actually wondering If something wasn't "fixed" when we were 100 odd for 7, what were the odds on an England win? Must have been massive.
Spencer_White

« Reply #74 on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 07:28:53 »

Yep, and that fixer as good as admitted the remarkable 'jaws of victory' defeat to Australia in Sydney was a fix, they received £1.3 million to lose.

He said they were planning to lose 2 ODI internationals. Ive no doubt that if the News of the World had put up £1m they could have got Pakistan to throw one of the upcomming 1 day international.

This sort of thing is very difficult to prove. Its the best proof weve ever had, and these 7 players need to banned for life. I will never ever pay to watch Pakistan play again myself.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: