Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barnet v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 20851 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, January 1, 2018, 17:22:44 »

Ooops. Vigs and Brophy out in Swindon when they shouldn't have been. Hence dropped for disciplinary reasons.
Or already knew they wouldn't be playing because they're not wanted so thought "fuck it"? Just playing devil's avocado....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, January 1, 2018, 17:34:50 »

yes Paul, always two sides to every argument.

we'll only hear one though, just damages the player to spout off, even if moving on.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, January 1, 2018, 17:37:34 »

Don't expect much these days in terms of quality but that was a "workmanlike" performance.We defended well I thought.Iandolo had a tough job keeping their outstanding player Campbell Ryce quiet but did a decent job.Woolery looked a handful 1st half but faded 2nd.Lancashire played a captain's role everyone else 6/10 but good enough.Personally I thought the ground was characterless like so many new grounds but the away bar was superb

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, January 1, 2018, 17:45:28 »

Or already knew they wouldn't be playing because they're not wanted so thought "fuck it"? Just playing devil's avocado....

In one. Those two are off. Shame about Vigoroux but his attitude stinks and doesn't deserve the term "professional" top be applied to him.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #64 on: Monday, January 1, 2018, 18:43:56 »

Campbell ryce was excellent at the cg. Surely we would be able to get him if we wanted. Would be a good addition. Great result today and who would have thought putting Robertson in the team would improve it. Strange days but long may it continue. A good January and who knows.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 1, 2018, 19:23:01 by chalkies_shorts » Logged
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, January 1, 2018, 19:20:33 »

Don't normally comment on match day results but fair play. a good win.
Could of stuck another one in though(had a tenner on 1-3) CUNTS
As an aside, it sounds like we are still shit at corners.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, January 1, 2018, 21:16:51 »

Could have easily slipped up today.  Can’t ask for a better response to the Luton debacle.  Transfer window is key.  Let’s hope Flitcroft brings in what we need and not more of what we’ve already got.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, January 1, 2018, 23:01:17 »

We’ve been poor, they’ve been worse.

Some twat sat behind us managed about 30 seconds before he started slagging off our team (particularly Norris). Surely you can at least give them long enough to fuck up before you start.
You must have been quite near us then. Cunt behind me slated Norris every time he touched the ball......and even when Woolery passed the ball across the box about 2 yards behind him the fucker still blamed Norris for not scoring.

Some of our fans are wankers, they really are. Norris isn't the greatest player, none of our team are......it's League 2 for fucks sake. But he always puts the effort in and is our top scorer after all. Admittedly, I don't get to see many live games but in the ones I have been to Norris has played well. He does his job of target man well - receiving the balls humped up to him and laying it off for someone else, rarely giving the ball away (apart from the Notts County game where he had a bit of a stinker, and still got the goal.....). I don't think fans appreciate the workrate he puts in.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2018, 07:24:07 »

your right, I definitely don't appreciate Norris.

he is the best 'target man' we have though.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2018, 08:57:31 »

You must have been quite near us then. Cunt behind me slated Norris every time he touched the ball......and even when Woolery passed the ball across the box about 2 yards behind him the fucker still blamed Norris for not scoring.

Some of our fans are wankers, they really are. Norris isn't the greatest player, none of our team are......it's League 2 for fucks sake. But he always puts the effort in and is our top scorer after all. Admittedly, I don't get to see many live games but in the ones I have been to Norris has played well. He does his job of target man well - receiving the balls humped up to him and laying it off for someone else, rarely giving the ball away (apart from the Notts County game where he had a bit of a stinker, and still got the goal.....). I don't think fans appreciate the workrate he puts in.
He put fucking zero effort in against Luton but yes on the whole he is under valued
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2018, 08:59:51 »

A few players have stepped in and / or stepped up. Robertson knows his limits and is effective in a back 3 against a big target man – it’s the Coventry-type scenario, having to cope with raw pace from deep, that he’s obviously not going to handle. Dunne has had 2 cracking games, and both of the junior wing backs have put in 2 strong shifts under difficult circumstances. 

Our ratio of set piece goals remains remarkably high, and must be close to an STFC record. It feels as if the majority of players have chipped in with 3 or 4 goals.

Whatever anyone thinks about Norris, and opinions are most certainly varied, there can be little doubt that he is not in a position to play 90 minutes of every game and that urgent support is required. Let’s not kid ourselves – one goal from open play since September is not a healthy stat.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2018, 09:05:53 »

I know it’s not many but it’s more than one. Norris against Notts County and, I think, both the goals at Yeovil spring to mind.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2018, 09:14:36 »

I know it’s not many but it’s more than one. Norris against Notts County and, I think, both the goals at Yeovil spring to mind.

He’s scored penalties in every month of the season, but otherwise the (deflected) Notts County goal is all he’s had since September, in any competition. We are kidding ourselves if we say that he can cope with the current demands on him.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2018, 09:16:34 »

Ah, I see. I thought we’re on about the entire team.

As you were
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2018, 10:40:17 »

I think Norris had a better game defensively yesterday, getting his head to numerous set pieces delivered in to our box.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: