Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 54762 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 18:05:55 »

Oh, by the way, Brophy is an utter ginger whinger and shite to boot

I am still amazed that he is paid to play football.

Nothing to see here
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 18:09:53 »

I don't think we should read too much into taking apart a side managed by Embers, welcome though it is.

Quite.  There is absolutely no reason to be happy about our best start to a league campaign (over the same 7 game stretch) since 2006/07. or having scored 14 goals in 7 games, getting two points per game and being the better team in all seven games (not always the winner, but certainly the better looking team), or having two goal scoring centre forwards.  No reason at all.
Flashheart

« Reply #287 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 18:14:58 »

May I politely ask our esteemed members to not feed the troll?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 18:18:09 »

This is the sort of game we need to be winning if we are a serious contender this season.

There we have it. Serious contenders. Another glorious win well done boys. Away for the next home game unfortunately, loving looking through the fixture list and planning games to go to instead of having nothing on and being forced to watch them! The buzz is back for everyone and let it stay
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 18:20:52 »

Quite.  There is absolutely no reason to be happy about our best start to a league campaign (over the same 7 game stretch) since 2006/07. or having scored 14 goals in 7 games, getting two points per game and being the better team in all seven games (not always the winner, but certainly the better looking team), or having two goal scoring centre forwards.  No reason at all.

The point raised was that winning at Orient is a signifier for winning the league.... I don't think so, given Embers is their gaffer and we know from experience he's clueless.

Of course we should be happy with a decent start, but that wasn't the point raised...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 18:23:12 »

There was no point raised other than a not so subtle dig at you, so there was nothing to answer.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 18:37:41 »

May I politely ask our esteemed members to not feed the troll?

This. I have him on ignore, I do not wish to keep reading his negativity and bitching.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 18:47:32 »

There was no point raised other than a not so subtle dig at you, so there was nothing to answer.

Seemed like a point to me and it's bad manners not to reply
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 18:54:14 »

There we have it. Serious contenders. Another glorious win well done boys. Away for the next home game unfortunately, loving looking through the fixture list and planning games to go to instead of having nothing on and being forced to watch them! The buzz is back for everyone and let it stay

Yep the point being that we'll need to win probably something like another 21 or so from 39, and some of the fixtures will look like better opportunities than others.  We'll need to make the most of those, in a 46 game season there will be times when it gets ugly, and it's how you react to that which gets you up.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 18:56:31 »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is one of those seasons where we can honestly say we have a very very good side for the division we're in - it's not up for debate.

We have a good number of players who would do well in L1 and at least a couple who could play higher than that.

The Anthony Grant signing looks inspired.

I wrote off Ellis Iandolo a few days ago... I may just be wrong....prove me wrong mother f*****...carry on like that and you will do

Nothing wrong with LMc... don't know why anyone would think otherwise

Our away support is awesome...as it always has been

Unless we get thrown a massive curve ball (there's always hope Reg), we're going up.

Happy.... fucking....days...
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 18:58:29 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 19:02:00 »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is one of those seasons where we can honestly say we have a very very good side for the division we're in - it's not up for debate.

We have a good number of players who would do well in L1 and at least a couple who could play higher than that.

The Anthony Grant signing looks inspired.

I wrote off Ellis Iandolo a few days ago... I may just be wrong....prove me wrong mother f*****...carry on like that and you will do

Nothing wrong with LMc... don't know why anyone would think otherwise

Our away support is awesome...as it always has been

Unless we get thrown a massive curve ball (there's always hope Reg), we're going up.

Happy.... fucking....days...

Rather pleasing others are coming round to my promotion feelings.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 19:20:11 »

My only concern is losing Isgrove, Lyden, Doyle, Yates in January. Other than that, we're going up.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 19:22:21 »

Rather pleasing others are coming round to my promotion feelings.
No reason not to mate... being realistic doesn't necessarily have to equate to being a miserable pessimistic bastard  Wink
Flashheart

« Reply #298 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 19:32:25 »

My only concern is losing Isgrove, Lyden, Doyle, Yates in January. Other than that, we're going up.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Apparently, Wellens has said that Doyle cannot be recalled.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 20:13:20 »

marvellous result, nice one Town.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: