Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise at home  (Read 35964 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 19:11:11 »

This is a great idea in my opinion.

I remember going to a friend's birthday party when I was 7 years old and it was really boring - I couldn't wait until my mum and dad came to pick me up. Conversely, I had much fun at all the other parties I attended. The common denominator in the better events was balloons - something the boring party didn't have. Everyone knows balloons add to an atmosphere!!!!

At least if the game is really crap we can distract ourselves by playing keepie-uppies with the balloons in the stand, or try to gather them all up and tie them to someone as an experiment to see if they can get airborn. It'll be brilliantly funny if one of the balloons drifts on to the pitch whilst the game is going on because one of the players may step on it and scare himself when it goes bang haha.

I don't really care for flags though. They remind me of the time when I was 12 years old and our class was made to do orienteering:
I completely lost my bearings and ended up round the back of the school mound. Some of the older kids were smoking and asked me what I was doing there. I carefully explained I was doing an orienteering exercise but I'd lost my team. They pushed me over and laughed and said maybe it should be called disorienteering. I never wanted to go anywhere near that mound ever again.

I think it's no coincidence that there were a lot of flags about for the orienteering exercise and I encountered hostility like I'd never seen before, so definitely a good idea for the intimidation factor. Combine this with the balloons to get the party atmosphere and you have all the elements there for a good crowd.

Perhaps there could be someone at the front of the stand to conduct the singing? I remember in assembly at school the teachers did this and they pulled the singers putting in the most effort to the front of the assembly hall. Eventually there would be a small group at the front leading the rest. It's a really good idea because if one of your mates gets chosen you put in even more effort because you don't want to be second best.

Pretty sure you'd be up for inflatable people though?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 19:31:01 »

Franchise and atmosphere never go probably the worst set of home fans in the league for atmosphere. Take fuck all away as well. Moaning about the costs then charge £7 for parking at their ground.
At least we get a chance on the TV to tell the Country how much we hate them.
Apart from Pox and the Bristol clubs most people will want us to win that one.
Football unites,  fuck off plastic franchise. No away fans, history, atmosphere or class.
clubstealingcunt

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 19:58:55 »

How about a few thousand white handkerchiefs  Smug Fuck Off
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 20:11:53 »

Thought you'd be the tissue type.
Can I ask, what did you do on a Saturday before you became a football fan customer?
« Last Edit: Monday, March 23, 2015, 20:15:08 by 4D » Logged
clubstealingcunt

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 20:30:22 »

Hmm most Saturday's were spent plotting which little football club we could bring to MK.
Swindon didn't pass the quality threshold so were rejected very early in the process.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 20:41:03 »

Thank fuck for that then
kerry red

« Reply #111 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 20:41:31 »

Come back on after you have been royally butt-fucked on national TV
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #112 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 20:41:36 »

#topbantz #lad
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 20:43:01 »

Ban this aids
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 20:48:32 »

Shame you didn't spend your spare time studying town planning and architecture.
 MK really isn't a footballing town. In fact it's the most bland place I can think of. Does it have any history, anything??

Oh, and don't confuse big stadium with big club. Actually, don't confuse club with franchise.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 23, 2015, 20:51:10 by 4D » Logged
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 20:50:48 »

Ban this aids

You can't. His bezzie made him a mod.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 21:16:28 »

This cunt sums up the dog shit stain of Franchise quite nicely.

91 clubs in the league.....and the these...

May the shame of the FA ....NEVER be forgotten.

This was your club cunt.....and I bet you never saw them kick a ball:

'The name Milton Keynes City Football Club (commonly abbreviated to MK City) refers to two defunct English football clubs, both of which were non-League sides based in or around Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.[1] The first, Bletchley Town FC, changed its name to Milton Keynes City in 1974, and used the name until its dissolution in 1985. The second, originally called Mercedes-Benz, became MK City in 1998, and retained the name until its own demise in 2003, coinciding with the relocation of Wimbledon F.C. to Milton Keynes.'

Clems Army!
clubstealingcunt

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 21:29:31 »

We are not very eloquent down Swindon way are we. Worzel somehow screams out from every written word.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 21:30:48 »

Come back when you can spell Wurzel

Actually, don't.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 21:41:14 »

Come back when you can spell Wurzel

Actually, don't.