Poll
Question: Now 'The Adver understands' these are the three, who would be your choice.
Di Canio - 21 (15.1%)
Hamann - 100 (71.9%)
Burley - 18 (12.9%)
Total Voters: 116

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your choice.  (Read 20138 times)
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 11:54:13 »

Has to be Hamann and if his wage demands are too high then give it to Burley. Quite obvious from Di Canio's agent he will simply fuck off at the first available opportunity. Hamann will likely do the same but you feel he would at least give us a few good years first.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 12:00:07 »

I think you have to assume that if they are successful any of them fuck off at the earliest better oppertunity.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 12:03:32 »

I think you have to assume that if they are successful any of them fuck off at the earliest better oppertunity.
Yes, but it's generally considered polite to at least not advertise that BEFORE you've even got the job
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 12:09:40 »

Has to be Hamann and if his wage demands are too high then give it to Burley. Quite obvious from Di Canio's agent he will simply fuck off at the first available opportunity. Hamann will likely do the same but you feel he would at least give us a few good years first.

Have to agree with this. PDC wouldn't be the first Italian to change sides half way through something.

Also it it would help us on our way to a set of managers from countries we have been at war with? Argentina, Germany....

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 12:16:12 »

of those 3 burely,hamann,di canio in that order.
not sure a rookie is what we need, but would be reasonably happy with hamann if burely doesn't get it.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 12:25:30 »

Its coin flip between Hamann and Burley for me, I have change my mind numerous times but its Burley right now. 

I can’t see any logical reason for appointing PDC, I think it will be a total train wreck if he gets the job.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 12:37:23 »

Hamann for me.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 13:00:44 »

Its coin flip between Hamann and Burley for me, I have change my mind numerous times but its Burley right now. 

I can’t see any logical reason for appointing PDC, I think it will be a total train wreck if he gets the job.

Pretty much agree with this, although I'm not sure PdC would be a total trainwreck, just think it's a riskier call than the other two and without a significant potential reason he'd do better.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 14:10:07 »

What's the betting that whoever we choose, one or both of the remaining candidates will manage a team in league 2 next season, who will piss all over us.

It's All Good..............
Barry Scott

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 14:24:05 »

That's my concern and maybe the concern of the board.

We need mystic DV to tell us who will be best. This is why Burley is number 3 for me. He's a known quantity, we know what he can do and he's also allegedly got a drinking problem - which I don't like one bit if true.

Hamann and PDC could be brilliant and could also be shit. I like the idea of the potential and the unknown. Truth be told, I think I'll be happy with either of the 3, only least so with Burley and a bit concerned at the potential for a lefty war if Dux got the job.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 14:33:26 »

I have a feeling that PDC will end up managing Brentford next season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
dell returns

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 14:37:33 »

I think this is not any one from three, but any two from three - De Canio and the German, one fiery one calm, both class.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 14:43:42 »

Dunno why Hamman is so far ahead or what his popularity is based upon,why do people think he'll be a good manager?

Im not overly excited by any of them if im honest,but im sure they'll be fine.

/
W56196272
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 14:53:25 »

Di Canio for me.

Would be happy with Hamann but don't want Burley.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 14:56:04 »

We need mystic DV to tell us who will be best.

Didi Hamann.

George Burley is a washed up has been manager who is still living off the good work he did with Ipswich 10 years ago, he's done naff all since apart from drink, rub players up the wrong way and get sacked. He's a very old school manager who the game has left behind.

Paolo Di Canio is a passionate man but from what I understand after retiring in 2008 he hasnt had any involvement in the game since, not only would he be new to management but new to a non playing role full stop. Whilst I've stayed well clear of the debates on Di Canio's views they will put people off going but will encourage casual fans to go as they used to watch Di Canio on tv.

Hamann was a top class player, no frills, simple football, pass and move. He's won alot of major competitions and plays on through broken bones. That sort of career will earn the players respect right from the start and shows the sort of character and mentality Hamann would *hopefully* install around the club and into our players. Since retiring he's kept himself in english football both with Franchise and now with Leicester, he's done all his badges. Plus personally I like the though of some german style efficiency at our club. He has always come across in interviews as a very well thought, articulate person to. He'll have alot of links as well. Played for Dagliesh at Newcastle, played for Liverpool under Houllier. So thats potential 'links' with Liverpool and Aston Villa. He also played atManchester City, so will probably still know some of the back room staff there. Now obviously Sven and Leicester which will hopefully help with loan players.

The other thing with Hamann is he will have to succeed here, both for us and for himself. If he fails then goes for other managers job will they give him a chance? one managers job at Swindon and he failed. Where as if a George Burley comes here and does a bad job and gets the sack, the next job he applies for he'll still have 'manager of the year 2001' at the top of his CV and people will still be taken in by the fact he once was a decent manager!

Naturally (!!) I havent seen the CVs of the candidates or been apart of the interview process but to me Hamann is such a no brainer, he's the best candidate on every level and ticks alot of the boxes alot of us wanted ticking.

I said my choice was Ian Culverhouse, he obviously has a Swindon link and has been in coaching a few years longer than Hamann but other than that Hamann ticks all the same boxes Culverhouse does. Decent player, has his badges, stayed in the game after retirement, worked his way up in the back room.

He'd be new, fresh and doesnt have the stigma of failure attached to him.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 14:59:33 by DVinho » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: