Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Raffaele De Vita  (Read 24167 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Friday, June 24, 2011, 09:19:06 »

He makes a big deal in his book about being a fan and the fact that he was a Lazio 'Ultra' for 6 years. He says how he knows what it's like to be a fan and how he identifies with them and how important they are etc etc. I think that is all genuine as well. It will be interesting to see how that side of things develops Yes
I saw the Premier League World piece last night that I think Bob's Orange mentioned and he was stood in the stands at Upton Park belting out the songs etc.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Friday, June 24, 2011, 09:23:00 »

I'm quite hopeful that the Town fans can respond to this as well...quite frankly the atmosphere at the CG has been wank for a while...maybe this will be the catalyst to try and get some sort of atmosphere back...

I know its not everyones cup of tea but I reckon the old L and P boys (and/or the Swindon Ultras) could do a job here...just to take the lead and the initiative a little...
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Friday, June 24, 2011, 09:25:48 »

definitely. Atmosphere has been shit at the CC for a while but in fairness last years was complete wank.

We need as fans to show as much passion as PDC is currently showing

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Friday, June 24, 2011, 09:46:01 »

Again, this could be where playing Oxford so early could be vital. It'll get us a big crowd in for one of our first home games, there's bound to be a decent atmosphere, and if we come away with a positive result we could be enjoying the benefits of that fixture in terms of attendance and atmosphere for quite a while.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Friday, June 24, 2011, 09:50:31 »

I suppose its unavoidable that those Swindon Ultra nobs will pop up again.

/
W56196272
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Friday, June 24, 2011, 10:08:23 »

a little harsh...a least they bring a little colour to the proceedings...
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Friday, June 24, 2011, 10:21:59 »

They must be in their 50's by now.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #127 on: Friday, June 24, 2011, 17:08:34 »

I believe they breed.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Friday, June 24, 2011, 17:10:58 »

I hope they do show up. Their flags and banners are ace and it livens things up abit.

Livi Fan

« Reply #129 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 09:46:21 »

Yes! we signed some bloke who used to play for Livingstone.Lets get a Townend Cumpkin to spunk up in while we all pontificate about PDs amazing team building skills.

Hi there, as the username suggests, I am a Livingston Fan. Just registered to see what people were saying on here now that you have signed our former favourite, Rafa De Vita.  I probably expected a few of the "he is coming from Livingston in the Scottish league so he must be rubbish" type comments.  Whilst the standard of Scottish football is generally quite average, Livingston have a very good reputation for developing young talent and playing attractive attacking football. A few of our former players have made the step up to the English leagues without any hassle - Graeme Dorrans at WBA, Robert Snodgrass at Leeds, James McPake at Coventry, Andrew Halliday at Middlesboro and to a lesser extent, Wes Holohan at Norwich (he was only with us for a short spell).

Rafa is a very talented striker - great skills and flicks and an excellent finish. We can't claim the credit for his talent unlike some of the others mentioned, he was the top scorer in the Premiership reserve league with Blackburn Rovers before we signed him. However, playing in the lower divisions in Scotland has certainly toughened him up and he is a much more street-wise player now than he was when he joined us. One of the reasons, imo, that he didn't play as often in the last couple of years is that he was getting lumps kicked out of him by industrial type defenders - that and our other strikers were also scoring goals for fun (we got relegated 2 divisions for going into Admin so our squad was far too good for the leagues we were playing in for the past two seasons.

Anyway, he was our favourite player (my son and I) so you will now have a couple of new fans looking out for the Swindon scores to see how he is getting on.  Best of luck for the new season!

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 09:55:33 »

Thanks
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 09:56:43 »

Hi there, as the username suggests, I am a Livingston Fan. Just registered to see what people were saying on here now that you have signed our former favourite, Rafa De Vita.  I probably expected a few of the "he is coming from Livingston in the Scottish league so he must be rubbish" type comments.  Whilst the standard of Scottish football is generally quite average, Livingston have a very good reputation for developing young talent and playing attractive attacking football. A few of our former players have made the step up to the English leagues without any hassle - Graeme Dorrans at WBA, Robert Snodgrass at Leeds, James McPake at Coventry, Andrew Halliday at Middlesboro and to a lesser extent, Wes Holohan at Norwich (he was only with us for a short spell).

Rafa is a very talented striker - great skills and flicks and an excellent finish. We can't claim the credit for his talent unlike some of the others mentioned, he was the top scorer in the Premiership reserve league with Blackburn Rovers before we signed him. However, playing in the lower divisions in Scotland has certainly toughened him up and he is a much more street-wise player now than he was when he joined us. One of the reasons, imo, that he didn't play as often in the last couple of years is that he was getting lumps kicked out of him by industrial type defenders - that and our other strikers were also scoring goals for fun (we got relegated 2 divisions for going into Admin so our squad was far too good for the leagues we were playing in for the past two seasons.

Anyway, he was our favourite player (my son and I) so you will now have a couple of new fans looking out for the Swindon scores to see how he is getting on.  Best of luck for the new season!

While you here, and thanks for the sensible contribution, I was having a debate with a Scottish mate of mine last night about the history of Livi....he reckoned that Livi were basically the old Meadowbank Thistle, I reckoned, that Meadowbank Thistle formed out of Ferranti Thistle, and were a different side. Can you clear it up?
tans

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 09:57:35 »

I thought livingston was meadowbank thistle as well
tans

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 09:58:46 »

It appears they were founded as ferranti, renamed meadowbank and renamed again
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker