Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Bournemouth Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31378 times)
stfcinbmth

« Reply #195 on: Saturday, September 29, 2012, 18:55:02 »

I don't think Groves will see out the weekend in his current job.

How much you want to bet JJ? A pint will do. Mitchell's appointment, he can't admit he was wrong. They have spent shed loads of the Russian's money(loan at 6%) and entrusted it to a bloke who once played for Grimsby
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #196 on: Saturday, September 29, 2012, 19:00:40 »

How much you want to bet JJ? A pint will do. Mitchell's appointment, he can't admit he was wrong. They have spent shed loads of the Russian's money(loan at 6%) and entrusted it to a bloke who once played for Grimsby
I dunno mate I know Mitchell is a bit belligerent but this has to be the final nail in the coffin, their run of form is attrocious with only 1 win in 11 games.

I have a feeling that David James will get the job as he was after a foot into management.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #197 on: Saturday, September 29, 2012, 19:08:00 »

I dunno mate I know Mitchell is a bit belligerent but this has to be the final nail in the coffin, their run of form is attrocious with only 1 win in 11 games.

I have a feeling that David James will get the job as he was after a foot into management.

You know what JJ, that might not be a bad shout, at least he's played at the highest level. I'll cheerfully get you a pint anyway. I'll stick that on my work colleagues B'mth ST holders Facebook post about today. He came up with me last week, he was happy about Bar71 but not about the result
Peter Venkman

« Reply #198 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 09:20:26 »

Apparently Eddie Mitchell has now come out in public and said he chose Groves over Glenn Hoddle who also applied for the managers job, all I can say is what a twat.

Have to meet up for a chat and a beer at some point soon Dave, been ages.

Flashheart

« Reply #199 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 09:28:44 »

Apparently Eddie Mitchell has now come out in public and said he chose Groves over Glenn Hoddle who also applied for the managers job, all I can say is what a twat.

Bizarre

What kind of thought process results in the conclusion that to reveal such as thing is a good idea? He clearly needs an advisor, whom should advise him to shut the fuck up.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 09:31:21 »

Bizarre

What kind of thought process results in the conclusion that to reveal such as thing is a good idea? He clearly needs an advisor, whom should advise him to shut the fuck up.

Anyone know of a football "advisor" who isn't doing much at the moment? Ideally one with proven PR skills and situation management.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #201 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 09:32:37 »

Bizarre

I would call that a massive own goal, but then Mr Mitchell seems pretty good at shooting at his own goal and scoring.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 09:50:22 »

What a twat.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 10:38:48 »

Mitchell's an embarassment and doesn't appear entirely sober in that clip, much like last time he had a slanging match with fans. He looks like a dodgy car salesman with about 5 buttons on his shirt undone.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 10:42:59 »

I would be worried right now if I was a Bournemouth fan. This Russian dude seems dodgy to say the least and his best mate Mitchell is a bit of a twat who doesn't really have much of a clue about football. How he can keep backing Groves I don't know. He's had plenty of cash to spend and bought in some good players but the results are not coming for them. There's nothing wrong with giving a manager time but to keep coming out with these comments just seems to make me think he knows he's fucked up appointing him and is trying his best to save his own face. If the results don't start coming for them then the Russian may well get bored and withdraw his interest. Now that would be worrying for them given the fact their crowds are quite small and the infrastructure is not there to maintain that kind of spending.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #205 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 17:26:55 »

I would be worried right now if I was a Bournemouth fan. This Russian dude seems dodgy to say the least and his best mate Mitchell is a bit of a twat who doesn't really have much of a clue about football. How he can keep backing Groves I don't know. He's had plenty of cash to spend and bought in some good players but the results are not coming for them. There's nothing wrong with giving a manager time but to keep coming out with these comments just seems to make me think he knows he's fucked up appointing him and is trying his best to save his own face. If the results don't start coming for them then the Russian may well get bored and withdraw his interest. Now that would be worrying for them given the fact their crowds are quite small and the infrastructure is not there to maintain that kind of spending.

He keeps backing Groves as it was his appointment, sacking him would bring his judgement into question, trouble is he's never wrong

From what I can gather the "investment" is in the form of loans to be repaid at 6%

The best thing would be for the Russian to get shot of the Mitchell clan altogether. Apparently his son is Director of Football at the ripe old age of 23. It's all very dodgy, and tbh I do feel for the fans
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 17:48:41 »

Loans to be repaid at 6%. Bloody hell that's not going to end well for them considering they've already spent over a million of his money.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 20:43:55 »

It's not his backing of an underperforming manager that is his failing - that's quite refreshing amidst the hire and fire culture of football. It's his naivity in publically remonstrating with fans on more than one occassion. He should accept that you can't keep everyone happy and that it is a figurehead's role to rise above that sort of behaviour, maintain some order and not stoke the flames - can you imagine Jeremy Wray or Andrew Fitton doing that? He has brought more focus and put more pressure on Groves than if he had stayed inside and allowed the protestors to drift away after a time.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2012, 13:21:21 »

OK he lasted 3 days longer than I expected Cheesy

stfcinbmth

« Reply #209 on: Sunday, October 7, 2012, 17:19:12 »

I owe you a pint JJ

Hoddle to be announced on Monday according to the fans on the local rags pages
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: