Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Beckham's loan move  (Read 2301 times)
Rich Pullen

« on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 10:28:53 »

... that bloke that people either think he's amazing or the most overrated player in the history of the game, David Beckham, appears to have agreed a loan move to AC Milan during the MLS close season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7683877.stm

... I thought he was going to find a club to train with (like what he did with Arsenal) as opposed to actually playing aswell. Not that I'm overly bothered - this does keep him in contention for the England set-up (which will annoy alot of people!) but more importantly if you were an investor in Los Angeles Galaxy wouldn't you want to keep the biggest risk in American sport wrapped in cotton wool? I know I would, they probably had little choice though.

In conclusion, Milan eh? Mrs Beckham must be over-the-moon.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 10:30:31 »

bet she is, the slag
Rich Pullen

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 10:32:44 »

bet she is, the slag

...and that's what it's about isn't it - her!

In fairness Adriano Galliani said "Beckham has chose Milan" it doesn't say which one!
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 10:45:52 »

is beckham considered by some as overrated?

surely by now we all know what he can do (deliver the most dangerous long passes, crosses, and dead balls) and can't do (run, tackle, go past a man).

he rightly has 100+ england caps, because for years he was one of, often the, best player in the XI.

capello wouldn't have him anywhere near the squad if he didn't serve a purpose, and it only goes to prove what a mug McSpanner was, in using beckham as a press stunt.

can anyone find the england squad where mclaren dropped beckham? he'd included someone really quite shit in his place if my memory serves me correctly.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 10:48:48 »

I don't think he's overrated, I do however know people and have read and heard many, many comments of people that do think so (all you need to do is try and watch You're on SkySports for a few moments to hear such statements)
dell boy

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 10:54:26 »

When he was at his best, definitely one of the best players in the world. England tried to play everything through him and it all got very predictable, I think he has stayed around at international level far too long, he shouldn't be an option in the new set up.
Fair play to him for finding a club on loan his only slim chance of getting back into the England team.
His commitment has never wavered and he must be a managers dream, he is always willing toplay fit or unfit.
Out of the present crop there is no player prouder to wear that England shirt.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 10:58:37 »

I'm not Beck's biggest fan but fair play him. Loves the game, wants to play as much as possible. Ideal loan move.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 11:24:10 »

Agree Sippo, he could sit on his ass in pre season but loves playing for England so has done something about it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 11:27:49 »

Nobody can argue that he has been a class player for both club and country and came back from terrible abuse after being sent off against Argentina to captain his country and shove it back in people's faces.

What I don't find particularly pleasing is that David Beckham is now likely to break Bobby Moore's cap record for playing 5 minutes here and there at the end of games that are already sewn up. Should you get a cap for playing such a small amount of time on the pitch?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 11:33:59 »

it'd be an uncomforable feeling to overtake bobby moore's caps record. english players should have to retire from international football at 107 caps really.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 11:38:13 »

...and that's what it's about isn't it - her!

In fairness Adriano Galliani said "Beckham has chose Milan" it doesn't say which one!
IIRC, the Italians always refer to AC as Milan and Inter as, well, Inter. So it would have been quite clear to him which he meant
Rich Pullen

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 11:39:52 »

...and everyone became pro-Bobby Moore after the poor bloke passed away. Forgive me if I'm wrong but by all accounts the guy was disregarded and out-of-his-luck after his retirement and until his death.

Anywho why has the cap thing suddenly become an issue?

So many late substitutions have been made over the decades and now it's a problem because Beckham may overtake another legend or two.

I'm sure David Nugent wouldn't be keen on The FA taking his cap away because he only played 11 minutes against Andorra.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 11:42:45 by Rich Pullen » Logged
Rich Pullen

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 11:40:42 »

IIRC, the Italians always refer to AC as Milan and Inter as, well, Inter. So it would have been quite clear to him which he meant

Other than also knowing that Galliani is VP of AC Milan.... I meant which Beckham - Milan being a hub for fashion, twas a joke Paul.

Smiley
Spencer_White

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 11:42:04 »

is beckham considered by some as overrated?

surely by now we all know what he can do (deliver the most dangerous long passes, crosses, and dead balls) and can't do (run, tackle, go past a man).

he rightly has 100+ england caps, because for years he was one of, often the, best player in the XI.

capello wouldn't have him anywhere near the squad if he didn't serve a purpose, and it only goes to prove what a mug McSpanner was, in using beckham as a press stunt.

can anyone find the england squad where mclaren dropped beckham? he'd included someone really quite shit in his place if my memory serves me correctly.

Yeah. He's slow and one footed. Overrated at free kicks. He's not a free kick legend like Zola or Koeman (spit).

But his long balls are superb, underrated tackler, big heart, a great servant to his country.

I dont think people will remember him that much when he's finnally gone. Not in football terms anyway. So I hope he doesnt break Bobby Moores caps record.
dell boy

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 22, 2008, 11:45:21 »

...and everyone became pro-Bobby Moore after the poor bloke passed away. Forgive if I'm wrong but by all accounts the guy was disregarded and out-of-his-luck after his retirement.

Anywho why has the cap thing suddenly become an issue?

So many late substitutions have been made over the decades and now it's a problem because Beckham may overtake another legend or two.

I'm sure David Nugent wouldn't be keen on The FA taking his cap away because he only played 11 minutes against Andorra.

Moore/Beckham no comparison, apart from Beckanbaur, Moore was the best defender I've ever seen. Beckham is not the best midfielder I have ever seen far from it.

With the amount of internationals being played today compared to Moores era, there really is no comparison with caps won.
If Moore was born 30 odd years later he would be topping the 150 mark by now.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: