Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Notts County FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27254 times)
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 19:55:39 »

Also why Notts County came for a point today (suggested by tactics and time wasting) when they have nothing to lose by going all out for a win and possibly something still to gain this season. Shockingly negative for a team in that position.
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 19:57:04 »

I thought you could flick it up to head it back! Still you are the ref..

Sorry, but you can't as this is a deliberate trick to circumvent the law - See page 115 (117 if you include the cover etc...)
http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame%5f2010%5f11%5fe.pdf
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 19:58:12 »

The ref was a bloody disgrace. Sheehan should have been booked on at least 3 occasions before he was (one of the most obvious ones was in the 41st minute he deliberately flicked the ball up so that he could head it back to the keeper). How the ref and the assistant 8 yards away didn't give him a yellow and award an indirect free kick is beyond me.
If you're able to do that, then that's fine isn't it? How can there be anything wrong with that?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 20:00:58 »

Sorry, but you can't as this is a deliberate trick to circumvent the law - See page 115 (117 if you include the cover etc...)
http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame%5f2010%5f11%5fe.pdf
I can't see how that can be defined as a trick. I'm guessing the ref today couldn't either.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 20:06:44 »

What do you reckon to Collins' yellow the other night? The final whistle clearly blew before he took his shirt off so he shouldn't have got a yellow should he?
[email protected]

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 20:11:57 »

It's classified as a "trick" as the player is deliberately engineering a way to back-pass to the keeper in a method that is trying to get around the law.  

If you back pass and the keeper picks up it is a free kick, but by trying to be a bit "cute" or "clever" by flicking it up and heading it back it is seen as unsporting behaviour and a yellow card as well.

That is what annoyed me, for a referee it is real noddy stuff that you learn on Manington Rec on a Sunday morning, so fucking that up is less excusable than the blocking number 18 got for his foul towards the end.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 20:14:08 »

Also why Notts County came for a point today (suggested by tactics and time wasting) when they have nothing to lose by going all out for a win and possibly something still to gain this season. Shockingly negative for a team in that position.
This. For a team 6 points off the play offs I thought their whole gameplan was pathetic. A point is no good to them at this stage of the season.
   Navarro was excellent today & has changed in my estimation from somebody to fill a gap on the bench to somebody who could be crucial in the closing stages of the season. It was nice to finally see the Navarro we thought we were signing in the summer. Macca was superb, only criticism was his failure to cross early on a couple of occasions rather than cut back onto his right and let their centre halfs get a bit more organised. Def the best player on the field though & that is a huge compliment for somebody who wasn't even playing in any of his favoured two positions. Some of the clowns on the radio after the game really annoyed me though. Esp the ones moaning about the formation, which I thought worked extremely well & the idiot who said we should get rid of KM!!!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 20:33:17 »

It's classified as a "trick" as the player is deliberately engineering a way to back-pass to the keeper in a method that is trying to get around the law.  

If you back pass and the keeper picks up it is a free kick, but by trying to be a bit "cute" or "clever" by flicking it up and heading it back it is seen as unsporting behaviour and a yellow card as well.

That is what annoyed me, for a referee it is real noddy stuff that you learn on Manington Rec on a Sunday morning, so fucking that up is less excusable than the blocking number 18 got for his foul towards the end.
OK, in that case I accept the ref got it wrong.

In my opinion though, the law is wrong (notice I called it 'law' rather than 'rule'...'laws' of the game - 'rules' of competition - I used to work with a ref Wink)

To flick the ball up in order to head the ball back to the keeper is relatively skillful and if you can do it, I would have said it's fair enough. It's up to the attacking team to be putting the defender under sufficient pressure so that he doesn't have the time to do it.

Just my opinion. With the law being what it is, the ref obviously got it wrong. Maybe he just forgot? I mean, it's not like it happens very often is it? And there's a lot of laws to remember. Has it ever happened to you rich? Honestly? Hmmm
[email protected]

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 20:40:01 »

What do you reckon to Collins' yellow the other night? The final whistle clearly blew before he took his shirt off so he shouldn't have got a yellow should he?
Technically he was correct as Collins was in the process of celebrating his goal (If you watch it again, he actually removed his shirt AS the referee was blowing for full time).  If he had a bit of nouse, the ref would have booked Collins, restarted the game at 2-0 and then blown up after something like 5 seconds.  That way he has done everything "by the book" and there is no controversy.

IF I was insistant on blowing up there and then like the ref the other day, then personally I would have ignored it (and run the risk of taken a hit on my assessors mark). 

In short, he was correct but the way he went about things didn't do himself any favours!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 20:40:50 »

Didn't think you'd be incorrect, but I'd have gone mad had I known the law!!!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 20:43:50 »

If we had cutting edge upfront then we'd walk this league. Forget formations new manager excuses and all that bollocks. We can't kill teams off when it really matters at times. An Austin,Cox,Parkin would have seen us home with ease.

Yep totally agree. We have scored so many goals even without a natural goalscorer.
If we had one I agree we would have killed off so many teams.

We actually played well today but simply failed to score.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 20:50:49 »

I doubt we'll ever win at home ever again....ever Crying

If you'd sat through the last 5 home games, you'd get what I mean.  There's pressure on the players from the start, because our form at home form isn't great of late, this becomes more evident as the game goes on and chances are missed.  The groans become louder and people start to get on the players backs, which causes more errors.  It's only going to get worse as the games tick down and points become more and more precious.  We need a win at home to break the cycle.  Saying that, I thought the crowd was as supportive as I've heard it for a while, although there was a strange almost silence when the final whistle went.
[email protected]

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 20:53:38 »

OK, in that case I accept the ref got it wrong.

In my opinion though, the law is wrong (notice I called it 'law' rather than 'rule'...'laws' of the game - 'rules' of competition - I used to work with a ref Wink)

To flick the ball up in order to head the ball back to the keeper is relatively skillful and if you can do it, I would have said it's fair enough. It's up to the attacking team to be putting the defender under sufficient pressure so that he doesn't have the time to do it.

Just my opinion. With the law being what it is, the ref obviously got it wrong. Maybe he just forgot? I mean, it's not like it happens very often is it? And there's a lot of laws to remember. Has it ever happened to you rich? Honestly? Hmmm

This particular type of incident has happened to me, and yes I did caution the player (who kicked off at the time but appologised after the game saying "I didn't know that" when I showed him the same page that I just linked).  

I agree that he should have been under more pressure so that he didn't have the time to do it, and that it is relatively skillful to get away with it, but the fact that BOTH the ref AND the assistant both forgot or missed it is not excusable.  They are both very experienced having worked their way through the leagues over many years, and it is only 17 laws to remember!
Flashheart

« Reply #193 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 20:56:52 »

and it is only 17 laws to remember!

What are they?

Would be great if you could list them, if you don't mind!
[email protected]

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 21:04:43 »

1 – The Field of Play
2 – The Ball
3 – The Number of Players
4 – The Players’ Equipment
5 – The Referee
6 – The Assistant Referees
7 – The Duration of the Match
8 – The Start and Restart of Play
9 – The Ball In and Out of Play
10 – The Method of Scoring
11 – Offside
12 – Fouls and Misconduct
13 – Free Kicks
14 – The Penalty Kick
15 – The Throw-in
16 – The Goal Kick
17 – The Corner Kick

Download this pdf...  http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2010_11_e.pdf
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: