Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Newport County Matchday Thread  (Read 17279 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, October 14, 2023, 19:18:14 »

Clean sheet and 3 points, lovely. Brewitt fucking brilliant. Had him as a squad player this season but he’s clearly the most important defender. So aggressive but effective in the same way. Shade a frustrating watch at times but showed one or two glimpses of what he can do and crowd were loud in praise for him when he did. Young really shoulda squared that chance to mceachran as I’m sure it was 2 v 1. Austin could tie his shoe laces and people will say he had a good game 😂 was full of praise for him at start of season - recently been poor. Good  assist today- yes, but his control was awful, majority of passing off it and was letting balls run and struggled to chase them down. RHM poor untill the goal also- but if a striker scores/assists then I guess we shouldn’t moan 😭. Today was a must win i thought so job well done, hopefully get a good tie tomorrow.

700 for them is a piss poor turnout imo, easy trip down. Up the cunting 3 point reds.

* IMG_0473.jpeg (332.6 KB, 1212x770 - viewed 279 times.)

So, give no fucks
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, October 14, 2023, 19:42:09 »

The man himself
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, October 14, 2023, 19:45:18 »

Two absolutely bang average L2 teams cancelling each other out to the point that nobody wished they had bothered

Chuckle chuckle
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, October 14, 2023, 19:50:31 »

Desperate to make it to a home game soon. Following on livescore and radio when possible has been strangely relaxing and satisfying so far this season.

2nd in the home league table (played a home game less than 1st- Crewe) and 16th in the away- also a bit distorted with games played. Most years it's the opposite way round but it's pleasing to see home fans get rewarded
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, October 14, 2023, 20:18:04 »

Enjoyed that, even if we made hard work of it. Taff's had spells of noise but they were a bit sheepish against our boisterous antics up in the arkells  Cheesy
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, October 14, 2023, 20:32:30 »

Was your bus on time after the game😁

So, give no fucks
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, October 14, 2023, 20:34:39 »

Brewitt was first class. As for Newport, they should really be playing the likes of TNS.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, October 14, 2023, 20:44:10 »

Have to say I enjoyed that today. Second half could've been a thumping if better decisions were made and chances taken. RHM needs to just shoot, as does Hutton but they seem to want to find Charlie. Brewitt clear MOM but thought everyone contributed well. Nice to see Shade show us the player he can be, and a great appreciation from DRS after his run and subsequent tackle/foul.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, October 14, 2023, 20:50:31 »

Have to say I enjoyed that today. Second half could've been a thumping if better decisions were made and chances taken. RHM needs to just shoot, as does Hutton but they seem to want to find Charlie. Brewitt clear MOM but thought everyone contributed well. Nice to see Shade show us the player he can be, and a great appreciation from DRS after his run and subsequent tackle/foul.

Shade indeed had a period of inspiration where he belted it on a run, put in a good ball and then legged it back to go for a tackle. That little moment of freedom shows how he could be a much more useful and dangerous player, he clearly now needs to learn how to utilise that much more frequently as he looked like lightning. Over to Flynn to properly unleash that.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, October 14, 2023, 21:57:20 »

Shade can becomes twice the player he has been if he attacks the touchline and uses his left as much as he cuts inside, as he did once in the second half. If he learns to do that, he can start to frighten full backs. I’m glad to see Flynn find a position for him. I’d written him off earlier in the season, but he can be like a new signing in a new(ish) position for him.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 14, 2023, 22:03:53 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, October 14, 2023, 22:08:04 »

Was there any trouble after the game, we didn’t see any but there was a shit load of Police outside, including a load of vans from Devon & Cornwall so assume they must have been expecting something.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, October 14, 2023, 22:20:51 »

Marginally the better of two poor sides in the first half with the goal aided and abetted by some rather suspect keeping. Second half far better by us and improved the longer it went on.

I thought that Young looked totally out of sorts, did not seem to get involved to any degree and RHM was the obvious replacement which proved right although he can be chalk and cheese in one move. I really want him to come good but consistency seems to elude him, possibly a run of starts might help.

Tom Brewitt is a class act in my opinion, one hell,of a signing.

Shade proved that he is another that with a run of starting games he will be far more beneficial to the side than the odd sub appearance.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Badger

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, October 14, 2023, 22:50:51 »

Spawny Wrexham at it again. They were losing 1-2 then score in the 86 & 89 minutes to lead 3-2

A little ray of Welsh joy on an otherwise black day
Badger

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, October 14, 2023, 22:55:25 »

Young has really gone off the boil recently hasnt he

Time to put a bid in then !
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, October 15, 2023, 06:07:05 »

Was there any trouble after the game, we didn’t see any but there was a shit load of Police outside, including a load of vans from Devon & Cornwall so assume they must have been expecting something.

Does the club foot the bill for all that policing🤔

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: