Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Caddis & Ritchie......  (Read 33156 times)
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 01:50:49 »

I would be much more worried if there were no offers from bigger clubs forthcoming.  That would mean that we were grossly over-rating them.  What we have in Caddis and Ritchie, and Ferry too is a huge asset both financially and in ability.  What we also have is a management set-up - both team and board - which has a set of values, which so far as we can tell (and it has been commented on in lots of places) these players have bought fully into, which includes at its heart, an unfashionable word - loyalty. Di Canio has talked about it a lot.  Caddis is team captain, at a young age, and Ritchie has indicated he is happy here, annd would be as long as we are promotion contenders in January - and we are not only that, but still in the FA Cup and JPT with Wembley just a match away.  And they are both now probably the best-known and most sought after players in League 2.  Let's just trust their good sense - and if perchance the trust turns out to be misplaced, then neither PdiC nor we would want them to stay,
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 06:12:41 »

Even so a statement tomorrow morning wouldn't go amiss 
Done

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/9472979.Swindon_chairman_dismisses_Ritchie_and_Caddis_rumours/

Time to move on

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 07:14:14 »

Smiley. Until next time!
Flashheart

« Reply #243 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 07:19:22 »

Out turn now

Who shall we not bid for?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 08:05:57 »

Out turn now

Who shall we not bid for?

Lets not bid for James Constable again.

It seems to ruffle the feathers of our good friends down the road.
Flashheart

« Reply #245 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 09:02:00 »

Some Ipswich fans are still convinced it is not a rumour.

They seem to think Wray is lying.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 09:09:22 »

Good news if true .lets now have some transfer gossip for swindon instead of everyone else.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 09:27:45 »

I think what is likely is that Ipswich have made an inquiry about them (ie how much, or even would you sell for £x) and Wray has said they are not for sale.

Hence, no official bid has been made & everyone is telling the truth.

Have to say if I were in Ipswich's position I wouldn't release the names of players I had bid for, before it had been agreed.

Remember they got gazumped when bidding for Austin.
Flashheart

« Reply #248 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 09:29:42 »

I think what is likely is that Ipswich have made an inquiry about them (ie how much, or even would you sell for £x) and Wray has said they are not for sale.

Hence, no official bid has been made & everyone is telling the truth.

Have to say if I were in Ipswich's position I wouldn't release the names of players I had bid for, before it had been agreed.

Remember they got gazumped when bidding for Austin.

I think it's more likely that there was never any kind of approach made whatsoever and it is all just complete and utter nonsense.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 09:43:32 »

I had a thought about this last night, in particular re Paul Caddis and his future with the Scotland International team.

Now obviously at the moment, he is nowhere near being an International RB (I think at the moment Phil Bardsley and Hutton are their first choices). As the ex Captain of the Scotland Under 21s, Caddis may feel that a move to a Championship club (should we receive a good bid) sooner rather than later may help his International career.

Of course, I hope that he feels that his club career (as club captain) is of equal importance but I do have a nagging feeling that if he gets the chance, he might take it. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 09:47:09 »

17 pages on this thread, caused by some idiot (an agent?) putting another rumour on the rumours site.  Somebody, somewhere, must be pissing themselves.
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 10:10:21 »

May come down to the legal definition of a bid !
Flashheart

« Reply #252 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 11:14:02 »

May come down to the legal definition of a bid !

There has been no bid. None

It is all a rumour. We even know the source of the rumour. The rumour originated from the rumour site that is known to be complete and utter bollocks. We should take reassurance from the source of the rumour.

People have heard the same rumour and the rumour has been perpetuated as 'insider info' elsewhere. People have agreed they have heard the same rumour, which to many 'confirms' there is some truth in the rumour. But, it is the same rumour from the same source.

Gary Rose then suggests there 'might' be something in the rumour because an Ipswich scout was at Rotherham. With Ipswich's Ronan Murray playing, a player we are bidding for, there is every reason for an Ipswich scout to be there.

It is all complete and utter bullshit. There is not an ounce of truth in the rumour

Now, when are we signing Cody MacDonald then?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #253 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 11:27:19 »

Now, when are we signing Cody MacDonald then?

Rumour has it.....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 11:39:44 »

No smoke without fire and all that....
And if it aint true about Ipswich you can bet Richie is being watched by numerous clubs, and his recent performances will have even more taking note.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: